This is Gonna Require a Little Finesse

Chapter 4

"Loco Ono is not staying in this house!" I heard Bobby yell. I rubbed my eyes and yawned. I stood in front of the mirror I decided that I wasn't going change just yet. I was fine in the navy blue T-shirt and black guy boxers (which I'd bought myself for pajamas). I did however pull on a pair of socks and proceeded to fix my hair into a less messy ponytail.

"Bullshit, Bobby!" Angel yelled back.

"I don't care!" Bobby said with a small laugh, just to piss Angel off more. "La Vida Loca ain't stayin' in this house one more night!"

I was standing at the top of the stairs just listening for my own amusement.

"So get her stuff!" Bobby ordered.

"So it's your house?" Angel demanded.

"This ain't no homeless shelter!" Bobby indicated.

"You not running shit, Bobby!" Angel barked.

"You not!" Sofi repeated. I put a hand over my mouth at an attempt to muffle the laughter.

I managed to get rid of my grin and came down stairs. "Would y'all kindly shut the fuck up!?" I yelled.

"Oh, I'm sorry Sleeping Beauty did we wake you?" Bobby asked sarcastically.

"As a matter of fact." I stated, I walked to the kitchen to grab a glass of water and sat down on the counter top.

"They wake you up, too?" Jack asked.

I laughed, "Yeah, Bobby's still and ass."

--------------- ((FF))-----------------

I was now dressed in a pair of long black baggie jeans, and an orange tank-top/wife beater, with a zip-up black hoodie. I was sitting around watching the hockey game. Jerry was sitting in one of the chairs, Angel was sitting on the ground in front of the record player, Bobby was spread out on the couch, and I had my feet on the couch but was sitting on the head rest of it. Jack was in the kitchen cooking dinner.

Angel flicked this yellow thing at me, I smirked and picked it up making to fling it back at him but turned and fired it at Bobby at close range.

"Why do you always do that?" Bobby growled shooting it back at me, I ducked.

"To be aggravating." I responded.

"'To be aggravating.'" Bobby said with an annoyed face mimicking me.

Angel flicked a few at Jerry, who finally started to get mad. "Hey, cut it out man, I'm watching the game. Come on."

Angel laughed knowing he was hitting a nerve with Jerry, "You a woman." he said flinching a little as Jerry snapped one of the yellow things at him.

"Oooohhh!" I gasped laughing.

"Get him, Jerry." Bobby shouted.

"Try it one more time." Jerry warned Angel with a deadly glare.

"What you gonna do?" Angel egged on. (AN: don't know the right phrase I'm lookin' for)

"You'll see." Jerry said calmly, voice barely above a whisper.

"Big-ass teeth. Bite me?" Angel said in a bring-it-on tone.

Bobby and I both laughed. "You do got some big-ass teeth, Jerry." Bobby choked out through the laughter.

"Yeah." Angel agreed and chucked another one at his older brother.

Jerry got up off his chair shaking his head. "Yeah get him, Jerry!" I squealed.

"What's up?" Angel said getting up to face Jerry. "What the hell you doing?

"Come on, boy." Jerry said waving him on.

The two of them started wrestling, I smiled then started giggling again as Bobby started commentating the fight. "The Gorgeous Black Ladies of Wrestling, Nitro and Midnight. Nitro got Midnight in a headlock." Bobby started.

"Get him! Get him, Jerry!" the two of us cheered.

"Midnight trying to get up, but Nitro's on him!" I was laughing hard with Bobby who was unable to speak. Jerry got Angel pinned, "Okay. All right, all right." Angel begged.

"I'm still your big brother." Jerry told him with a smile.

"Come on, man, let's eat. Bring out that bird." Bobby said rubbing his stomach.

Bobby sat at one end of the table Angel was on my right, Jerry diagonally across from me and Jack straight across from me, Evelyn's seat at the other end of the table, just to my left. We all stood for Grace, which Bobby led. "Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior, thank you for this day. Thank you for this food we're about to receive and thank you for bringing us together."

"Amen" we all chorused.

It was pretty quite as we all sat at the table, the food was really good, I had to hand it to Jack; but everything I put into my mouth I had to force down. I noticed Jack wasn't eating, he was looking at Evie's empty chair he looked scared. I looked back at the plate, a few minutes later I looked at Evie's chair myself.

I could see her clearly and she was looking back, "Kari, honey, you're welcome here when ever you want. You don't have to stay at your mothers' house alone if you don't want. I'll take care of you." She'd said kindly. I looked at my plate and the fork slipped out of my fingers hitting the plate with a soft clink.

I pushed out my seat, "I'm sorry." I whispered to the guys and walked quickly to the front door closing it softly. I sank onto the front steps even though it was extremely cold outside. I had tears in my eyes, I wiped them away quickly with my shaking hands, I let a small whimper escape from my lips and buried my face in my hands as the loss I felt overwhelmed me.

After a couple minutes I rubbed my cheeks and sighed looking at the dull gray sky. I placed my hand on the doorknob to open it when someone opened it from the inside.

"Hey, we're gonna play some hockey. You wanna come, Legs?" Bobby asked softly.

"Uhm, yeah, hold on a sec., I'll get my shoes." I said stepping past him and hurrying to my room.

I hastily pulled on a pair of shoes.

I looked under the bed and found a pair of old white gloves and a black wool hat.

"Y'all better be ready to lose!" I grinned as I set off with the guys.

------ ((AT THE RINK)) ------

The five of us played half rink, Angel played goalie. The teams were: Me and Jerry vs. Bobby and Jack.

"Come on, Cracker-Jack; let's show these ladies some fucking skills!" Bobby encouraged.

"Oh yeah!?" I gasped in disbelief. "Come on, then. Bring it!"

We all took off, Bobby and I were the two better players, I managed to keep up with him easily. After about half-an-hour it was tied 4-4. Jerry went to pass the puck to me and Jack checked me out of no where, stealing the puck. I hit the ground and laid there for a second,

Wasn't expecting that.

I jumped up and after a few minutes. Jackie got the puck. I drilled my shoulder into him against the boards but the two of us kept skating; he laughed pushing back as we both fought for the puck. I got it and drove to the net, snapping my wrist to complete a back hander, winning.

"Shit, Jack, I gotta make a man out of you." Bobby said, obviously mad that his little brother had lost the puck to a girl; he threw a death glare at me as I skated away.

"Damn it, Bobby." Jack growled annoyed as I smirked at the two of them.

I noticed Jerry on the phone, so did Bobby. "Let me talk to the girls." Bobby smiled skating over and pulling the phone from Jerry.

"What are you doing? Give me that!" Jerry yelled as Bobby snapped the phone shut.

"Get your head out of your ass, Jerry!" Bobby scolded; he dropped the phone onto the ice and shot it away at the side boards.

"That's my phone, man!" Jerry yelled in disbelief skating after it frantically as the rest of us laughed at him.

Once we finally to back to the house I raced upstairs and showered off, the warm water against my skin relaxed my frozen muscles. I hopped out of the shower and ruffled my hair in a towel, then wrapped that towel around my thin body. I managed to sneak down the hall undetected and closed the bedroom door behind myself.

After pulling on my pajamas, which consisted of a T-shirt which read, "If you can read this, BACK THE HELL UP! and a pair or baggy flannel plaid pants, I walked out of my room running my fingers through my wet hair as a make-shift brush. In the kitchen I found Jack.

"Figured you'd head down here for one of these." He said as I made my way to the fridge, giving him a shy smile. He held out a water bottle, the outside was fogged up. It was cold.

I hoped he didn't see the pink rise up in my cheeks as I took the bottle, "Old habits die hard I guess." I whispered.

"Are you going to be okay?" Jack asked, he was obviously worried about how I'd broken down at dinner.

"Yeah, I am. Thanks Jack." I said flashing him smile as I turned and walked back upstairs.

Unbelievable, he didn't even do anything and I-- I clicked off the light in my room and pulled the covers up to my chin. I can't- I can't do this again, not to me, not to Jack. All he did was remember something as stupid as water and I'm... completely head over heels again... WHY DOES LIFE HAVE TO BE SO FUCKING COMPLICATED!?