Status: ON HIATUS

A Little Piece of Heaven.

Chapter 16: Do You Believe...in...

"How is she?" Brian asked as he exhaled a cloud of smoke. Jimmy walked up to the group of guys and they headed down the busy street. Jimmy got out a cigarette and a lighter. He clicked the flame open and placed the tip of his cigarette inside.

"She's still cooped up in her room," He answered exhaling smoke, "She's pretty pissed off at you."

"Well, she has a reason to be. He killed her and turned her into a vampire," Zacky spoke as he took a drag.

"It's for the best," Brian replied, taking another hit from his square.

"Well I say the sooner we get Emilie back, the better," Matt opinionated, "We've already had six of our guys dead this past month. I'm not willing to lose any more."

"He's found out that she's turned huh?" Johnny spoke.

"He has someone on the inside. I just can't figure out who." Brian spoke, furrowing his brow, "He's hiding under a mask. I can't locate him."

"Do you think he'll come after Erin?" Zacky asked.

Brian shook his head no.

"Oli wouldn't dare let anyone touch what he's after," He replied. Jimmy and the other's nodded and continued to look at all the shops and windows. A few mintues into their walking, Brian took Zacky's arm and slowed down with him. The others continued to walk on ahead.

"Listen, I need to talk to you about something," Brian spoke. Zacky looked at him curiously as he continued to speak.

"When I bit Erin last month, something..." He trailed off for a moment and looked around cautiously, "Something happened."

"Like what?" Zacky asked with interest.

"Her blood...it burned, just like Emilie's," He answered, "I felt her Zacky. She was in that room."

"Was she mad?"

"Oh yeah, it's happening just like last time" Brian replied in a slight fearful tone.

"What makes you so sure that Erin will get like that?"

"She has Emilie's soul inside her Zacky," Brian remarked in a sharp whisper, "Not to mention her powers. Her emotions will take control of her actions and she'll lash out! She'll destroy everyone!"

"Alright, Alright, but what do you suppose we do?" Zacky asked.

Brian let out a sigh and smoothed some hair back.

"I'm not sure, but we have to figure out something soon.."

-----Back at the house----

After finishing a breakfast of honeycomb, poached eggs, and waffles, Erin walked upstairs solemnly towards her room. She was going to lay in bed and start hating Brian for what he did. That's what she had been doing for the past month, she wasn't gonna stop now. She opened up her bedroom door and stopped in her tracks with a gasp. A bright orange cat that looked all too familiar slept on her bed.

"Autumn!" She chirped as she rushed over to her bed. She picked up her cat and hugged it warmly in excitement. She snuggled into her fur and kissed her repeatedly.

"I missed you so much kitty," She cooed, "Where've you been?!"

"I've been taking care of her," A familiar voice spoke. Erin turned around sharply with a gasp. Oli stood by the doorway and pushed it shut, the lock snapping in place. Erin let go of Autumn and backed away slowly as he got closer.

"What the hell do you want?" Erin snapped. Oli raised his hands in defense.

"Oy, temper temper," He sneered, "I bring back your long lost friend, and this is how you treat me?"

"Yes, because you and Brian are nothing but greedy selfish fools!" She jeered.

"True, but we have our reasons," He answered, "Mines just a little more based on love."

Erin sighed and shook her head.

"Get out," She demanded as she turned away from him.

"I can't do that Erin," He replied.

"And why not?" She asked, turning back to face him.

"Because you have two things that I want," He answered, "Emilie's soul, and her necklace."

Erin's eyes widened slightly. How'd he know about Emilie's necklace? He smiled coyly and stepped closer to her, eying the silver jewel around her neck. He was so close to having what he wanted, he could almost taste the success. She stepped away in fear as his fangs appeared.

"It's best not to mess with me Erin, I highly suggest you come with me," He hissed.

"And I highly suggest you leave me alone" Erin replied, feeling her anger rise. Oli's eyes flickered gold momentarily and ran at her. Erin's eyes grew light grey as she hissed and ran outside and jumped off the balcony. She landed lightly on the ground and ran into the forest at lightening speed. Oli landed on the ground, cracking the earth beneath him. He ran across the field and followed her into the old forest.

Erin jumped off trees, ran across streams, and sped through piles of leaves. The smell of old wood and earth filled her nose as she ran deeper into the forest. She couldn't believe it. She was actually using her powers, and pretty well too! She could see and hear for miles, and she could smell Oli behind her. It was crazy. If this is what a vampire could do, her vampire powers mixed with Emilie's must've meant real destruction! But real destruction isn't what she wanted. She never wanted this! She never wanted a war, or all this power. She wanted her normal life back! She just wanted to wake up and start over. She just wanted to be Erin again.

After a few more minutes of running, she looked around and noticed she was running in an empty field. She looked behind her and couldn't spot Oli anywhere. She looked several miles ahead, but no one could be found. How long had she been running? She stopped in her tracks and looked up at the sky. Grey clouds were rolling across the sky, thunder rumbling as well. Erin turned around to continue walking, but was stopped as a crack of lightning struck down in front of her. A girl wearing a silver and gold dress appeared, staring at her blankly.

"Emilie! Emilie, I need your help, please! Tell me how to change back!" Erin begged, "Val said I can reverse vampirism. She said I can do all sorts of things. Please! You've gotta help me!"

Emilie didn't answer. She merely looked up towards the sky.

"A storm's coming..." She replied. Erin looked up.

"Yes, I know! Now please! Just tell me!"

Emilie looked back at her.

"Do you believe in time travel?" She asked.

"What? No! I-I don't know! Tell me how to change back! I don't have much time!"

Emilie didn't answer at first. She merely held her hand out and reached into the air. The air rippled like water as she pulled out a light blue feather.

"....Those surrounding the Living Receiver, known as the Manipulated, will fear him and try to destroy him."

"What the hell are you talking about?!" Erin screamed.

"The Manipulated will do anything to save themselves from Oblivion."

The wind grew stronger and blew harder against Erin's body. She stared at Emilie in shock. Emile put her hand to Erin's cheek. It was as cold as ice.

"Do you miss your old life?" She asked.

"Yes" Erin answered.

"What would you do to get it back?"

"Anything,"

Emilie nodded and pushed some hair behind Erin's ear.

"Erin, these are your powers now. What is it that you want?"

Erin looked down at the ground, and then back up at Emilie.

"I want to go back. Just start over."

Suddenly everything stopped, and ended up going in reverse. The clouds, the birds, everything. As time moved around them, Emilie held out her hand and waved slowly to her. Erin opened her mouth to speak, but nothing was coming out. Suddenly something hit her head and she blacked out.

-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-

"Erin! C'mon you dunce! Get up" A female voice laughed. A pillow smacked down on her body and Erin let out a groan. She fluttered her eyes open and found herself on the floor, looking up at a ceiling fan. Danny hovered over her and giggled.

"C'mon girl, we've got a big day ahead of us," She held out her hand and pulled Erin up off the floor. She looked around groggily and rubbed her eyes.

"What happened?" She asked curiously.

"You were having another one of your weird-ass dreams and started sleepwalking again," Danny explained, "God, you're such a spazz, even in your sleep."

Erin rubbed her head and looked around. They were in some sort of cheap motel. Nothing really looked inhuman or out of place. Knowing that gave Erin a small sense of joy and happiness.

I guess it happened. I guess it really happened. I'm actually back to normal!

Suddenly a pile of clothes was thrown at her.

"C'mon, we've got quite a few more miles to go" Danny spoke, slipping on some black and white shorts and a black belly shirt. Erin slipped on a simple white summer dress and some flip-flops. She packed up all of her and Danny's stuff and they both headed out towards the car. Erin looked around curiously. There was a lot of desert land, a big blue sky, and it was really really warm out. She guessed they were somewhere near California.

"Um, Danny, where are we?" She asked curiously.

"We're right outside Conejo Springs," Danny laughed, "God, I've only been saying that for the last 4 fucking times."

Conejo Springs. Erin furrowed in thought as Danny backed out the car and headed down the road. Why on earth was she here? Was she running away? On vacation? What was she doing? Danny slipped in a tape and played Devotchka as they rolled down the road, past all the rocky hills and cactus's. Erin laid her head back into the seat. It really worked. Sure, she was a little confused, but it really worked. She had her life back. Not only that, but it seemed even better then before. She had Danny here with her, and now they were on a roadtrip. What could be better?

After several hours of driving, they actually ended up hitting a little snag. Their car broke down. Erin opened the hood and tried to figure out what was wrong, but it was no use. They had to wait around for a car to come. Luckily enough, a passing truck was dropping off deliveries and was heading in their direction. They hitched a ride with him, and within minutes they finally arrived in Conejo Springs. So now, here they were; in the hot and dusty town with little money and no connections as they awaited the arrival of a new water pump (that's what the technician diagnosed anyway).

"Ahhhh fuck," Danny groaned as she sat on top of a busted up car, "I could really use a bottle of Jack right now. Hey! Techy! You know any bars around here?"

The old greased up mechanic pointed towards down the road.

"Downtown, they have one next to Holly's tailoring." He directed.

"One fucking bar, can you believe it?" Danny whispered to Erin, "God, I can't wait to get out of this place. Once we hit L.A., we'll be swimming in champagne. I just now it."

Los Angeles. So that's where I'm going... Erin thought. Danny slid off the car and hiked up her shorts.

"Alright, I'm heading towards the bar, you coming?"

Erin shook her head.

"I think I'm gonna sleep." She replied. Danny shrugged.

"Suit yourself. Don't wander off too far in your day dreams." She instructed. Erin scoffed a little and headed back to the motel that they rented. She entered the room with no lights on. She shut the door and locked it, then walked over and plopped onto the bed. Within minutes she fell back into a deep sleep, not noticing the light blue feather sitting next to her on the nightstand.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'll give out shout-outs later.
Gotta go!
PEACE!

Skyler.