Status: ON HIATUS

A Little Piece of Heaven.

Chapter 18: Wake up. Start Over.

Dinner time rolled around. Erin and Danny ended up going back to the same Diner they had gone to for lunch. The same waitress from before wrote down their usuals and gave them a booth to sit in. Danny smiled and thanked her as she peered at the Dessert menu.

"I think I'll have a slice of pie and a scoop of ice cream, what about you, hun?"

"Do we even have enough money to pay for everything?" Erin asked curiously.

"Probably not, but who says we gotta pay for this?" Danny asked smoothly. Erin furrowed a little as their food came and was set down before them. She looked over at the clock. 8:30 p.m. Suddenly Danny leaned over and started to whisper.

"Don't look now, but that scuffed up hippie over there is staring at us," She whispered with a sly smile.

Erin looked over at the man danny was talking about. He had a well chisled out face, hair that was down slightly past his ears, and a light whisp of facial hair. He was wearing a dark blue shirt, a dark grey waistcoat vest, and dark brown pants. He looked like he was in the middle of his college years. To Erin, he looked pretty attractive.

"So, what do ya think?" Danny asked in a whisper.

"He's pretty cute," Erin spoke, observing him closely.

"Think we can score a threesome?"

Erin opened her mouth in shock and pushed her playfully. She then looked up and tensed when she noticed him standing right in front of them.

"Hey," He spoke.

"Hey," Danny greeted in a slight seductive voice. Erin rolled her eyes in her mind. She was dishing out her stash of charms. Great. The man smiled and asked politely if he could sit down. The girls happily obliged and he pulled up a chair. They immediately emerged in conversation. The minute Danny found out about him, she instantly grew unamused. Erin on the other hand, was fascinated by him. For instance, his name was Spencer Callahan, he was a junior in college majoring in philosophy, he's vegetarian, he's made 2 independant films, and was here to currently research some irregular activity.

"What kind of irregular activity?" Erin asked curiously, currently lost in the color of his olive-honey brown eyes.

"well, I personally think--wait, first, do you believe in time travel?" He asked.

Danny cocked her head at the question while Erin nodded yes. A warm smile spread across Spencer's face.

"Well, there's been some amount of electromagnetic field energy going on up in the mine's by the Oil fields," He explained, "The mines contain metal, right? Well, metal is the transitional element for the construction of Artifact Vessels. I personally think there's some sort of artifact up there in the mines that's causing all this wierd stuff to happen."

"So...you think a giant hunk of metal is what switched the words around on the cinema sign?" Danny asked with a brow raised. Spencer shrugged his shoulders.

"It's possible. It could be a sign for all we know. If it's true that there is an Artifact made of metal up there, then that means we've entered some sort of Universal Unstability. Artifacts provide the first sign that an unstable universe has occurred. It's all quite thrilling actually"

Danny scoffed and shook her head as she looked back down at the menu. Erin on the other hand leaned in closer to him.

"Where did you learn so much about this?" She asked curiously. Spencer chuckled lightly and reached down into his carrier bag. He pulled out a black book and handed it to Erin.

"I learned alot from my dad who was kind of a nerd about it, but my school book helped me a great deal," He stated. Erin took the book from his hands and started to skim the pages. Danny and Spencer started their own conversation as she began to read.

Chapter One:
The Tangent Universe
The Primary Universe is fraught with great peril.
War, plague, famine and natural disaster are common.
Death comes to us all.


Death comes to us all, Erin thought, Oh my--that's what Emilie told me when I had gotten bitten! She said those exact words! She looked back down at the book and continued to read a little more.

...If a Tangent Universe occurs, it will be highly
unstable, sustaining itself for no longer than several
weeks.


Her curiousity heightened as she rapidly skimmed through the book. Many of the things that Emilie had said in the field were what was inside this book!

Chapter Six:
The Living Receiver
The Living Receiver is chosen to guide the Artifact
into position for it's journey back to the Primary Universe.
....Those surrounding the Living Receiver, known as the Manipulated,
will fear him and try to destroy him.


Chapter Seven:
The Manipulated Living
The Manipulated Living are often the close friends
and neighbors of the Living Receiver.
Their task is to assist the Living Receiver in returning
the Artifact to the Primary Universe.
The Manipulated Living will do anything to save
themselves from Oblivion.


She looked up at Danny and Spencer. They were the Manipulated Living, and she was the Living Reciever. They were helping her return the Artifact to the Primary Universe, or the current time where Brian and the others were. Spencer was helping by giving her his book, Danny was helping by taking her here to Conejo Springs. It was all making sense now. She wasn't re-starting her life, she was repairing it. No wonder she didn't end up back in her apartment. Something must've happened. If all this was really true, then this world she was living in wasn't going to survive. It was going to collapse, and destroy everything in it. She put the book down and rolled her eyes.

"Godammit" She groaned as she put her head on the table.

Just when I thought I was getting my life back. Now I have to go around and fix shit. She thought.

"Hey Spence? I'm gonna borrow this book, okay?" Erin spoke with her face still flat on the table.

"Sure thing. I love the new nickname by the way." He chuckled.

"No problem," She mumbled. Danny smiled lightly and hit Erin to make her sit up straight. She sat up straight and they all finished up their meals. Spencer was nice enough to pay for all of it along with dessert. The three all walked out of diner with smiles on their faces, talking about random things and what they wanted in their futures. Erin then looked at her watch and said that it was getting late, so they all said their goodbyes to each other. Danny and Erin skipped back to the motel arm in arm, reminiscing about tonights events. Though, under the bright smile Erin had on, she still had an overwhelming sense of worry and fear.

Midnight hit. Erin sat outside the motel with a towel wrapped around her shoulders. She took a long drag from her cigarette and blew the smoke up towards the starry night sky. Today was really messed up for her. What was up with that movie? and then that sign? Plus, all this about returning an Artifact, what Artifact?!

"Something just isn't right," She said to herself, shaking her head.

"Erin." a hollow voice called out. Erin looked up with the cigarette in her mouth. Emilie was walking out towards the Oil fields. She threw her cigarette aside and slipped on her sandals. She then ran into the darkness, gripping onto her towel tightly as she headed towards the metal tower nearby. Emilie stood there with a blue feather in her hand. Erin stopped in her tracks, taking deep breaths from running so hard.

"It's time," Emilie spoke in a monotone voice.

"Time for what?" Erin asked.

"...Do you have the Artifact?" Emilie asked.

"What artifact?"

Emilie put her hand just below her neck. Erin did the same and tried to contemplate the gesture. Just then her eyes widened in realization.

"The necklace!" She exclaimed. Of course! The Artifact was made out of metal, and her necklace was made out of metal! She rummaged through her pockets, but it was nowhere to be found.

"Shit," She cursed to herself.

"Erin, you need to get to higher ground," Emilie warned.

"Higher ground?" She quoted.

Emilie raised her hands in the air and a crack of lightening went off. Erin jumped back in shock and looked around in panic. She was right in the center of Downtown Conejo. She looked in front of her. Emilie was standing there, everything in back of her was blurry and out of focus. She turned her head to the side and everything became clear. They were in front of the Dixie Cinema. The sign was unscrambled, but it didn't read the movies. It read a message.

----------------NOW PLAYING---------------

TEN ERIN GET KEYYS N SAVE WORLD

"Get the keys? Keys to what? What keys?!"

"You need to get to higher ground" She repeated.

Erin then opened her eyes. She was looking up at a ceiling fan circling smoothly. She slowly sat up and found Danny sleeping next to her. She put a hand to her head, another messed up vision. She slipped off the bed and walked into the bathroom, closing the door and being in nothing but darkness. She placed her hand on the sink and reached over to turn on the light. She flicked on the light and looked in the mirror. Her skin was paler and more washed out looking than before. Her eyes were starting grow dark bags under them. She touched her face and groaned.

"I need to get out of this.."
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm gonna shank myself in the head. >.<
So I went away on vacation, and I asked my friend to type up a chapter
bcuz she's been looking over my work + I had no idea what I wanted for this one.
so I come back and read it, and I'm like, "aw...shit..."
I have a love/hate relationship with what she did.
Just hang tight. Please don't send me hate mail. I'm extremely sensitive. :'(

Baby Pandas and Snickerdoodles go out to:
itsjustmiah
Brutaldoll_Ink;
kycoolgirl
bloodravyn
Scorpianram99
PreyOnMe
Alexa Vengeance
TheBlackParader
Syn_Sex
Baddass Bananas.
CharmedLuna
evencrayonslaughatme


For ALL THOSE WHO DON'T GET IT: she created an unstable universe. keep that in mind.

SKYLER.