Status: ON HIATUS

A Little Piece of Heaven.

Chapter 2: Scream.

After the experience at the diner, Erin walked off the bus and waved the driver goodbye. She took a giant sigh of relief and embraced the cool night air. Sure, the city was a hard place to live, but it did have it's pretty points, and this is one of them. She looked across the street at the thrift store and tensed up again. A man was leaning against the wall lazily, a cigarette in his mouth. She peered at him closely and cautiously walked towards a local McDonalds that was on her street. The man was on the move. He started heading towards her direction. Her heart started to race.

Hey there, where are you off to? A male voice purred inside her head.

She held onto her head and started to feel a little dizzy. What the hell was that? Who the hell was that?

She looked back at the man briefly and quickened her pace towards the restaurant. She noticed the bright golden arches and started to run. She looked behind her and saw that he was running after her.

Run, run, as fast as you can... He snickered.

Her heart was pounding a thousand beats a minute. Sweat was dripping down her head. The need to scream was permeating to the surface of her emotions. She had to run. She had to get away!

"GET AWAY FROM ME!" She screamed.

The man jumped into the air and started at her with astounding speed. Erin's eyes widened. This guy wasn't human! She started running as fast as she could, but it was no use. Two big hands grabbed onto her arms and pushed her onto the ground. She screamed out bloody murder as the man's horrifying grimace spread across his face. His fangs glinted slightly as a light hiss escaped his mouth. She dug her nails into his arms and squirmed to escape. The man's arms were so big and strong, it was absolutely no use. She could see make out a few of his many tattoos on his arms in the light. One of which was the mark of a specific vampire clan. The Shadows. He gave a cold laugh and leaned down into her neck, rubbing the skin lightly with his nose.

"You smell so good." He purred lightly. Tears were streaming down her face. She screamed and begged him to let her go. The man merely scoffed.

"You sound amazing when you scream, why on earth would I let you go?" He asked.

His voice was so odd and cold. She looked at him closely through her foggy, teary eyes. She could see a metal ring on his lips. He leaned down and kissed her neck lightly.

"Your blood smells like sugar," He spoke as he kissed her lobe, "I wonder what it tastes like..."

Her eyes widened and she screamed out more as he flashed his fangs at her. He let out a cold hiss and lunged down for her neck. She screwed her eyes shut and waited for the pain, but suddenly she felt something hard push her. She heard a loud thud next to her and looked beside her in shock. Someone was wrestling with the vampire. The man who attacked her was pinned down on the ground, her savior was stratling him and hissing coldly. Oh great, another vampire.

"Not now Matt," The man spoke.

His voice, it sounded so familiar.

"And why the fuck not Zacky!" He yelled, "I want her blood! She's mine!"

"She's not yours to have, she's..."

Their eyes flickered over to a shaking and helpless Erin. She tensed up and got up off the ground running. She heard the one named Matt let out a fierce cry of anger. Her breath heightened as she wiped her eyes and ran for her life. Within minutes she recognized the old building next to her apartment. She ran into the dark alley next to her home. She ran over to the wall and felt for the old slab of wood. Once she found it, she pulled it apart and ran inside, shutting it as well. She crawled onto the ground and hid underneath the pile of blankets she had placed there two nights ago. This is where she hid when she was too scared to be in her room. This was her fortress for her safety and for her sanity. She closed her eyes as she shook and sobbed in fear. She clenched onto the blankets and bit down on her lip so hard, she actually bled. After a few hours, she felt herself stop crying and actually start to get sleepy. Just as her eyes started to droop, another voice rang in her head.

Don't worry...you're safe now. I promise, I'll protect you.

She ignored the thought and let out a yawn. She was officially asleep.

You're mine forever Erin...

[[The Next Morning]]

Erin didn't go to work this morning. It was too risky. The rumors were true then, the vampires were back. Not only that, but they were stronger than ever. She sat on top of the pile of blankets and stretched out her arms with a yawn. She felt her neck for any bites, but nothing could be found. She wiped her eyes and cautiously crawled out of her hiding spot. Once the morning breeze hit her skin. She let out a huge sigh. She put the slab of wood back and straightened out her clothes, walking out into the street. She smoothed out her messy morning hair and walked on towards the local coffee shop. Once she arrived, she walked in and ordered a meal.

"One green tea espresso with an egg white flat bread sandwich please," She requested.

The clerk to her order and she paid for the meal. She walked over to the round tables and sat down, putting her hands to her face. She gave out a raggedy sigh and shook her head.

"What a night, what a fucking night..." She sighed.

"It was a rough one I'm guessing," a male voice chuckled. She looked up from her hands and noticed the guy from the diner. He was holding her meal and giving a small smile. Erin raised an eyebrow.

"How'd you know that was mine?" She asked curiously. The man shrugged.

"Lucky guess," He replied. He handed her the meal and sat down with her, holding out a hand.

"My name's Brian," He replied. She smiled lightly.

"That's a nice name, mine's Erin" She spoke. He smiled and nodded.

"That name's just as nice," He commented, "So, how was your day yesterday?"

She shrugged her shoulders.

"Same old, same old. You've got your regulars and then your weirdos," She replied, "Oh yeah, that's another thing, I saw you staring at me the whole time."

He smiled with amusement.

"I could say the same thing about you," He mused, "You were staring at me too. You interested in me or something?"

She blushed lightly and shook her head.

"I'm not into the whole dating thing, it's just not for me," She answered. He placed his arms on the table and leaned in closer to her. She felt her body tense up a little. He had such an attractive face. He cocked his head a little and gave her a soft smile. She wanted to melt.

"I think you should go out, everyone needs a little fun once in awhile" He spoke. She clenched her hands tightly and looked away from his gaze. He chuckled a little and leaned a little to meet her gaze again.

"You've got such beautiful eyes, I seriously can't get enough of them," He sighed.

She scrunched up her face and hid it with her arms. He laughed lightly and pulled her arms down lightly.

"This may be a little fast for you, but I would love to take you out tonight," He spoke. Her eyes widened slightly as her mouth slightly parted.

"A-a-are you serious?" She asked. He laughed a little and nodded.

"You seem like a sweet girl, and I'd love to get to know you," He replied. Her heart started to speed up as the thought of the vampire came into her mind. It was probably in her best interest that she didn't go out tonight.

"U-u-um, I...I can't. I have--um, it's a busy night tonight" She spoke.

He looked at her and his eyes slightly squinted at her. He then gave a half smile and nodded his head.

"Okay then, we'll make it another time?" He asked. She nodded lightly, even though there was no way in hell that it was gonna happen. He smiled lightly and nodded. He got up from his seat and put his hands in his leather jacket.

"Alright, I'll be sure to pick you up tomorrow at eight," He replied as he walked past her.

"Wait! What?! That's not what I--I thought you meant another time!" She stammered. He put his hand on the door and looked back at her with a coy smile.

"Tomorrow is another time," He replied smugly, "Be sure to be ready by 8:00."

He opened the door and walked out of the cafe. Erin let out a whimper and looked back at her food in sadness. She cocked her head at the sight of a white piece of paper in front of her. How the hell did that get there? She curiously opened it and started to read.

They say it's safer to go out at night with a buddy.
You shouldn't go walking by yourself at night anymore.
It's dangerous. Something could come out and snatch you.


Oh my god, how creepy. She swallowed deeply and looked at the door. She was starting to feel that Brian wasn't all that he was turning out to be. What did he mean by ;'something'? Was he actually there that night? or worse, was he one of them?

So many questions were wrapped around this guy and who he really was. One thing was for sure, he wasn't normal.

---x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x----

After she finished her meal she went back to her apartment, took a shower, fed Autumn, and headed over to the library. It was time to read up on what was after her. Maybe there was someway that she could fend them off or send them back to their own place. She checked out numerous books on their history and their anatomy, but none were really that helpful. Who ever heard of a library that wasn't helpful? She closed up her last book and let out a huff. She took it back to the librarian and set it on the counter.

"Excuse me miss, do you happen to have anything else on vampires?" She asked curiously.

The young librarian looked up at her through her thick rimmed glasses. She gave a half smile and shook her head.

"No, not much, you pretty much looked at all we have" She replied. Erin furrowed a little. 13 books couldn't have been all they had on vampires, this was a huge ass library!

"Well do you think you could check and see if I missed any?" Erin asked, "This is a pretty big library, and I only covered the second floor. Do you--"

"Miss, you looked at everything we have on them, good day" She snapped as she typed away on the computer. Erin shot back a little and frowned. Who stuck a bug up her butt today? She muttered a few curse words at her and walked back to her table. She shot back a little when she found Brian sitting there reading her books.

"Where did you come from?!" She asked in a sharp whisper. He looked up at her and smiled coyly.

"You're pretty interested in vampires, you got a fetish or something?" He asked with a chuckle. She bit her lip a little and walked over to pick up her books. His eyes scanned her body up and down and stopped at her breasts. Her bra was being slightly exposed. It was black and lacy. He smiled lightly.

"You look nice today," He replied with a smirk. She looked over at him and glared a little. He soaked it in and smiled, folding his arms. She simply gave a small smile and dragged her books away from the table. There was no way in hell now that she was going to go on that date with him. It was obvious that he was a creepy stalker.

Honestly, what a creeper. she thought, and to think I was falling for him for a second.

"Most girls do," He spoke in her ear. Erin screamed and her books flew everywhere. The librarian shot a vicious look at her and told her to be quiet. Erin turned bright beet red and shot a glare over at Brian. He picked up her books and held them out to her. She yanked them away from him and turned around sharply to walk. She set the books at the counter, grabbed her purse, and headed outside. Brian followed after her.

"You alright?" He asked, "You kind of freaked me out back there."

She turned around sharply and looked at him.

"I freaked you out?!" She quoted, "Brian, you just--you've been following me all day, you've been popping up out of nowwhere, and you seem to know about everything I do or even think! It's freaking me out! And--"

"I know everything you think?" He quoted, "I'm not a psychic, you talk out loud."

"I don't talk when I'm thinking something."

"I heard you call me a creeper though, and you said you were falling for me,"

"I was thinking that! There's no way in hell you would've known unless you were a vampir-umph!"

Brian immediately took her and dipped into a kiss. Erin attempted to push him away, but it was only seconds before her body was responding differently. He brushed his lips against hers as her hands made their way up into his hair. Her mind was screaming for her body to stop, but it wouldn't. This wasn't her doing anymore, something else was at hand here.

Okay, this is wierd. Why aren't I doing anything?! C'mon! This isn't what I want to do! Stop it! STOP!

She couldn't stop though. Her body wouldn't let her for some odd reason. It's almost like she was being...well, controlled.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here is chapter dos! w00t!
A7x lovers, you should read my bmth story Angel Bites.
At least read the summary, c'mon, give it a try yeah?

Syn Gates clothing and chocolate frosted funfetti cupcakes go out to:
evencrayonslaughatme
XLadyxVengeanceX