Status: ON HIATUS

A Little Piece of Heaven.

Chapter 22: Vermillion Part 2.

Erin slept 26 hours. 26 whole hours. She couldn't believe it! She came downstairs with a yawn and noticed the boys all huddled around the TV. They peered at the screen closely as people in India were running around frantic as fires sprouted everywhere. People were running around screaming, some were carrying dead loved ones, others were in too much shock to even do anything. The news woman ran away frantically, the camera pointed up towards the sky.

"as you can see, there's what seems to be lights falling from the sky! like fire! they're hitting ground everywhere! Knocking down statues! Burning temples! Hindus believe it to be the wrath of Shiva, the god of destruction!"

A hindi man wearing a turban screamed into the camera in his native language. He pointed to the skies and repeatedly said the same words over and over.

"He's saying the end is here!" The news woman translated as they ran for shelter, "He says, Shiva has come to bring down his wrath! Repent! he says, repent!"

Erin's eyes widened as the camera switched over to Tibet where thousands of monks were bowing down to the giant Buddha statue. Flowers, candles, and animals were littered everywhere around the giant statue. The monks prayed in monotone voices as the lights slowly moved across the sky. She slowly stepped down the stairs, but froze when she heard Matt's voice.

"This is getting way out of hand," He sighed.

"Did Erin really cause all that?" Jimmy asked. Erin gasped a little and put her hand to her mouth as Zacky nodded.

"This is what happens when she tampers with her powers like that,"

"Yeah, well, that little stunt of hers is gonna cost the lives of thousands of people," Brian spoke.

"This is why we need Emilie back now," Matt explained to Jimmy.

"But can't Erin restore all this?" Johnny asked in a hopeful tone, "I mean, if she learns to fully harness her powers, maybe there's no need to bring back Emilie."

"Johnny, it took Emilie hundreds of years to fully control her powers," Brian spoke, "We don't have that much time, Oli's killed several of our guys already. Now that he's seen what Erin can do, he's gonna try extra hard. He's on the move."

Each of the boys looked down at their feet as Jimmy turned off the TV. Then, each of them heard a small whimper and snapped their heads over to the staircase. Erin ran upstairs quickly and slammed the door shut.

"Fuck, she heard us," Brian groaned. Zacky got up from his seat.

"I'll go talk to her,"

"No, it's okay, I will," Brian spoke as he got up from the couch. He walked upstairs to their room and went straight through the door, not thinking twice about knocking. He looked over and found Erin lying flat on the bed, silently sobbing to herself. He walked over and sat on the edge, gently rubbing her back.

"Hey...um..I guess you heard all that, huh?" He spoke, rubbing the back of his neck.

"I...I-I killed all of th-them..." She stammered, "...I-I didn't meant to! I just wanted to go b-back home!"

"I know Erin, I know," He comforted, "It's mostly my fault. I kept you in the dark most of the time. You didn't know this would happen."

"This is why I have to die isn't it?" She muttered into the blankets. Brain raised his eyebrows slightly. She looked up and over at him with tears rolling down her cheeks.

"Because Emilie's the only one who knows how to use her powers without killing an entire race," She stated.

"That's part of it," he answered. Erin shook her head and started to cry some more. Brian looked outside and watched as rain started to pour heavily onto the window sill.

"Erin, stop crying," He spoke. She looked up from her blankets.

"What?"

"Stop crying," He repeated.

"No, you asshole! I just killed a bunch of people!"

"Look outside," He instructed. She looked outside and noticed it was raining.

"What's your point?"

"Stop crying,"

She rolled her eyes and wiped the tears away. She then looked outside and noticed only grey clouds rolling across the sky. Her eyes widened in shock.

"Did I...?"

"Your powers are getting more unstable by the minute..." He mentioned, thinking about what to do.

"What happens when I cough then? an Earthquake? how about a sneeze? a tornado possibly?"

"Erin," He spoke her name with a sigh. She dug her face into her pillows again.

"Brian, this life sucks! Sure I missed you guys, but I don't miss the fact that I still have to die," She whimpered.

"I know, it's a huge task to ask anyone to carry out," He spoke softly, rubbing her back. She sniffled a little and closed her eyes as Brian leaned over and kissed her shoulder blade.

"Just take a nap Erin, it'll calm you down,"

Erin nodded lightly and yawned as Brian quietly left the room. She felt her body grow numb and her eyelids droop. Within minutes she fell asleep.

She was walking along a path, a little boy walking ahead of her.

"Erin! C'mon! I wanna play with momma!" He chirped, skipping down the path and hopping occasionally. Erin watched in awe as the little boy with jet black hair and bright blue eyes turned around and held out his hand. She looked at him curiously and what he was wearing. A mini sailor onesie complete with a hat. She looked down at herself. She was wearing a white sailor like summer dress. She looked up at the boy.

"Who are you?" She asked curiously.

"You forgot already?" The little boy giggled, "It's me, Aiden."

Her eyes widened. Aiden? Her baby brother? She shook her head.

"No way," Erin spoke, "Aiden died when he was a few months old. You look like you're six!"

"In your dreams Erin, I look like how you want me to look like, duh," The little boy spoke, "Now c'mon, momma's having a picnic by the water hole!"

He rushed over and grabbed her hand, hastily taking her to where her parents had settled. She looked down upon a beautifully set up picnic, complete with fine white china and tea cups. She heard giggling coming from the water and looked out by the lake. Her father and mother were swimming around, having a grand old time. She looked down at Aiden and saw him bolt towards the water. He jumped in with a loud splash, and started playing with the water. A smile stretched across Erin's lips and she couldn't help but giggle.

"C'mon sweetheart! Jump in!" Her father called out. Erin looked at her family and shrugged her shoulders. Its only a dream, and besides, this was probably as close to her family as she was going to get. She ran straight for the water and jumped in, the cool water splashing against her body.

[[Downstairs]]

Downstairs, the five boys were all on the couches discussing on what to do about Oli and his current threat. He had hung a dead vampire on Matt's cherry blossom tree in the backyard. Well you could imagine how Val felt when she found the guy, she was scared to death.

"We need to get to his coven and kill the son of a bitch," Matt hissed.

"He only wants Erin so he can fuck shit up," Zacky claimed, "He doesn't care about the vampire clans, he just wants to see the world burn for what it did to him and Emilie."

"Who knows what his plans are, whether it's destory the vampires, the humans, or the whole world, we need Emilie back to take him down." Johnny spoke.

"You're making her sound like a weapon, an inatimate object," Brian stated.

"That's pretty much all she is to us now that she's dead," Jimmy replied, "She's not gonna be her old self if we bring her back Brian. She won't remember us or her old life. She'll be an empty shell with destructive powers."

Brian looked down at his hands, deep in thought. He suddenly perked up though when he sensed Erin's presence.

"Erin?...what are you doing?" Zacky asked. Brian looked up and over in the kitchen. Erin was standing there, her short jet black hair messy and disheveled. Her icy blue eyes were cold and menacing, a sharp kitchen knife gripped tightly in her left hand.

"Erin, what're you doing with that knife?" Jimmy asked cautiously, eying it's sharp edge. She didn't reply. She merely pursed her lips and stepped closer.

"Mom, this place is amazing," Erin spoke, munching on a sandwich. A warm breeze blew past her, making her close her eyes and sigh. She opened her eyes and picked up a knife, slicing herself a piece of cake.

"Darling, do you like it here?" Her mother asked, taking a sip of tea.

"Well yeah, but it's only a dream," Erin replied with a small giggle.

"But this dream of yours can become a reality," Her father stated, stuffing his pipe with tobacco. Erin's eyes slightly widened and she raised her eyebrows.

"what're you talking about?" She asked.

"You just have to use your necklace, sissy," Aiden explained, "It's powerful like that, it can make anything you want come true."

Erin put her hand over her necklace.

"No. No way. I killed millions of people last time," She spoke.

"But Erin, don't you want to be with us?" Her mom asked, sounding hurt.

"Well, yeah but no offense, you're all dead," Erin answered.

"But we can be alive again," Her father claimed, "Just use your necklace to bring us back to the living world. We can be a family again. We can have more picnics and be happy like we are now."

Erin furrowed a little and stood up.

"Okay, I think I'm gonna wake up now." She spoke, closing her eyes. She opened them and noticed her parents still in front of her. She shook her head and tried again, screwing them shut tighter.

"It won't work, Erin," Her mother replied softly. Erin opened her eyes, a small hint of fear rising.

"Wh-what?"

Her father stepped forward, coming closer to her.

"You're not sleeping anymore, you're wide awake," He replied.

Shit, Erin thought, Someone's up to something.

Her father held out her hand.

"Give me the necklace Erin," He demanded.

"Hell no!" Erin refused, stepping away. She watched as his eyes grew dark, turning from blue to black. His face went from soft and warm to cold and angry. His skin turned paler.

"Erin," He hissed, "Give me the necklace. Obey your father."

"You're not my dad, moron, my dad died a long time ago!" Erin yelled.

"I'd do what he says Erin," A British accent spoke out coyly. Erin looked up and saw Oli sitting lazily on the branch of a tree. He had a smug look on his face, the wind blowing his long hair in her direction. She furrowed her eyebrows and clenched her fists.

"Oli you sick bastard! What the hell are you doing to me?!" She spat. Oli put a hand to his heart.

"Tut tut Erin! How could you accuse me of doing anything to yo-"

"CUT THE SHIT!" Erin interrupted loudly. Picking up a rock and chucking it at him. Unfortunately, it missed. Oli shook his head and let out a laugh. Within a second, he rushed off the tree and stood in front of her. Her two parents and Aiden disappeared, turning into ash and blowing away with the wind. Erin jumped back with a yelp and squeaked when Oli dipped down and kissed her. She quickly slapped his face away. A seductive smile spread across his lips.

"You're so rough to me, it's pretty hot," He replied smoothly.

"Fuck you," Erin hissed.

"Is that a promise?" He asked. Erin rolled her eyes. Oli and Syn were one in the same. He took her hand and gripped it gently.

"Erin, c'mon, give me the necklace," He spoke, "You know you want things to go back to what they were, I can do that for you."

Erin jerked her hand away yelling no. She quickly pushed him away and started to run. She quickly ran for the knife on the picnic blanket and grabbed it. Oli grabbed her free arm and Erin jerked around quickly, jabbing it into his left side. His eyes opened wide, his mouth agape in shock. She looked up with wide eyes as a smile stretched across his face like the Cheshire Cat. He leaned into her ear and whispered.

"For every dream there's nightmare," He whispered, "Welcome to your nightmare Erin,"

She shot her eyes wide open as something pushed her hard, making her land on the floor. She sat straight up and saw Brian, Jimmy, Matt, and Johnny surrounding Zacky. A silver kitchen knife was sticking out of his side.
♠ ♠ ♠
Cupcakes and tickets to Disney World go out to:

Cry3Tears4Vengeance
evencrayonslaughatme
Vesper Martini
Syn_Sex
SynfulPleasures
TheBlackParader
Scorpianram99
save-iggy
CharmedLuna
FayeIsLost


They made me feel better when I had my mental freakout. Thanks everyone. :]
I figured how I want this story to end. Don't worry, it's not gonna end soon.
but I think I've got it. :]

SKYLER.