Status: ON HIATUS

A Little Piece of Heaven.

Chapter 9: Veritas

Image

"Well, here we are." Matt anounced as they pulled into the gateway. Erin looked up at the house and awed at it. It looked so nice!

"Jeeze, where does all this money come from?" She asked.

"Generations and generations of hard work." He spoke as they entered the garage. They both got off the bike and Erin looked curiously at all the cars and bikes he had. He put the keys in his pocket and gestured for him to follow her. They walked inside the house and Erin peered at everything so enviously. They had such nice furniture, artwork, and well, everything! She snapped out of her daze as a honey colored lab came up to them barking. Matt slid off his glasses and roughly petted and played with the dog.

"Hey Bella! Hey pretty girl!" Matt cooed. Bella's tounge hung off her mouth as she rolled over and he rubbed her tummy. Erin smiled lightly. She looked so cute. Bella quickly rolled back onto her feet. She rushed over to Erin and hopped up on her own two legs, begging for love and attention. Erin laughed as Bella went back onto all fours and rolled over onto her back. Erin bent down and rubbed her tummy lightly.

"Matt? Honey, are you home?" A female voice called.

"Yeah, I'm down here!" He called back. Erin looked up and saw Val entering the room wearing a beautiful white dress. Her creamy colored skin and her beautiful hair made her look like almost doll-like. Matt looked at her lovingly and smiled. They walked up to each other and shared a small and very sweet kiss. She looked past Matt and stared at Erin with a small smile.

"Hello Erin," She greeted smoothly. Erin sheepishly waved. Matt turned back to face her, his arm around Val's waist.

"Val, Erin's going to stay with us for the night. Is that okay?"

Val nodded lightly and gave Erin a small smile. She reached over and took Erin's hand.

"We're gonna go upstairs," She announced as she guided Erin over to the stairway.

"Goodnight ladies" Matt called out.

"Goodnight!" The girls called back in unison.

Val and Erin rushed upstairs and into the guest bedroom. Val shut the door behind her as Erin stopped in the middle of the room and looked around. It barely even looked like a room. It had it's own mini bar and kitchen by the far wall, and it had a spectacular view of the city glittering far away through the glass windows. Val guided her over to her closet and handed her some pajamas. Erin changed out of her dress in the bathroom. Once she got out, she saw Val by the mini bar mixing two smirnoff appletini's. Erin walked over to her bed and sat down. She looked next to her and noticed the beautiful white and pink bundle of orchids placed next to her. She loved orchids, they were her favorite flower. She closed her eyes and let out a sigh as she felt more weight being put on her mattress. She opened her eyes and noticed Val holding a glass full of clear liquid, a green apple slice with an olive floating around on top. Erin took it and thanked her. Val sat down on the bed with her and took a sip.

"So, tonight must've been crazy for you,"

"Yeah, yeah it was," Erin scoffed uneasily. She took a sip as Val took out her apple and ate it. Erin looked down at her drink. She was currently cross on whether she should ask Val what was going on. She looked up at Val and took a small breath.

"Hey Val? Could you possibly...um, tell me what's going on with the whole Emilie thing?" She asked out. Val took a sip of her drink and let out a scoff.

"Still keeping you in the dark, huh," She replied.

Erin nodded her head yes, and Val let out a sigh.

"Well, if you haven't guessed it already, you're connected to Emilie."

"I know that, but how?" Erin asked.

"You're..." Val trailed off hesitantly, "You're Emilie. Well, the reincarnated form of Emilie."

"What?" Erin asked in confusion.

"Well, you see," Val let out a sigh, "You're the spiritual reincarnation of Emilie. You look like her, you have her type of hair, you even have--well--her type of power."

Erin stared at Val blankly as she took a sip and went on.

"You see, Emilie died several years ago," She explained, "She had this..well.. gift. She could bring back the dead. She could guide souls, and she could even reverse vampirism. At first, Syn only wanted her for her powers, but then she grew to love him and vise versa. Well, when Oli came back from the war, he got pissed off. So he came into Emilie's room and killed her by burning her alive."

"But what does that have to do with me?" Erin asked curiously.

"When she was lost in the fire, she kept a little gem with her. We believe that the gem harbored her memories, her powers, and her soul. The gem was supposedly destroyed, but we all think that it was later reborn. When Oli attempted to re-destroy the gem, her soul was released and slipped away from him into darkness and time. We all think that when her soul was released, she reincarnated into you. That's where you came in. Her soul resides in you."

Erin's eyes widened slightly. A lump started to grow in her throat. Val looked at Erin sympathetically and went on to say,

"don't you see? Emilie didn't want to die just yet. Why do you think her soul didn't get destroyed by Oli? She still has some unfinished business, whatever it is. That's why you're here," She explained, "What's strange is that you don't have any of Emilie's memories, or personality for that matter."

"Why not?" Erin asked under her breath.

"I don't know,"

"Why don't you know?!" Erin snapped.

"Erin! I only know what I've learned!" Val spoke out, "I know that Emilie's soul is inside you, and we need it to bring her back!"

"That's bullshit! I'm not Emilie! I'm Erin! My soul is my own soul!" Erin dug her face into her sheets and whimpered lightly. Val crawled up on her bed and sat next to her, patting her on the back.

"Oli came after you today because he wanted Emilie's soul. He used Emilie's bone and ash to make another sort of "body" for Emilie, and now he needs you for her soul so he can put it into the body he made."

There was a long silence. Val looked at Erin desperately for a reaction. Erin had her head pointed downwards, her lips pursed together tightly. She shot her head up and glared at Val.

"So that's it?!" She asked, "I'm just a pawn to bring back someone?!"

"Unfortunately, yes," Val sighed, "But you have to realize that Emilie was never supposed to die! If she were alive, you never would've been born!"

"It doesn't matter! Emilie is gone!" Erin called out, "Erin is here! Why can't Erin live out her life?!"

"Because Erin wasn't supposed to exist," Val answered.

You weren't supposed to exist!!

Erin flinched at what Val had said. Hearing those words brought back so many memories. So many dark, lonely, and painful memories...

-x-x-x-x-x--x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x--

Erin was very intimidated by the bustling city. Not only that, but the Grey dreary vibe it gave off. She gripped onto the trash bag she had received to pack her clothes with. Now they were gonna smell like plastic, old ruddy plastic. In her other hand she held tightly to her stuffed rabbit that she carried through the ages with. Together they had battled pirates, gone around Jupiter and back, and warned JFK about the plotted assassination. They had been on so many adventures together, and this was just another one of them.

"I sure hope you're excited Erin," The driver spoke, "This place is one of the best in town. You'll really come to belong once you get your feet wet."

The cab driver was an extroverted man by the name of Amos Burbon. He was a stout man with a thick, bushy strawberry blonde mustache. His face wasn't any other color except tomato red. It only changed a few times: Purple for when he was raging mad, and washed white for when he was caught in a lie. He wore a black waistcoat and Grey & black vertical striped pants. He pants cut across his bulging belly. He does this in the hopes that it'll make him look thinner, but in reality, it only looked like he had two separate stomachs. He kept a pocket watch on him at all times, and would check it on occasion. What Erin thought was curious about him was that the watch was broken, but yet he still checked the time. Mr. Burbon liked leading others under the impression that he was a busy-body.

He turned around in his seat and looked back at Erin, his mustache stretching across his face with a smile.

"You ready? We're here now," He announced. Erin took a deep breath and nodded as they both got out of the car. Mr. Burbon nudged Erin up the stairs as he trudged his way up the steps. He pressed the doorbell with one bloated finger and waited patiently as the sound of laughing and cheerful voices went off on the other side. Small footsteps went louder as the lock clinked and the door creaked open. Another stout looking woman appeared. She had a big bun sitting atop of her head. Her messy red hair was loose and somewhat unkempt. Her smile was brighter than the sun.

"Why hello Mr. Burbon!" She greeted heartily, "How are you this fine evening?"

"Quite fine Miss Forechild," He replied happily, "I've brought Ms. Erin Roarks here. She's quite curious about the whole thing, but excited nonetheless."

Ms. Forechild looked down at Erin. Erin got the chills. Something wasn't right about this whole thing. Ms. Forechild looked up at Mr. Burbon and ushered them in. The strong stench of chicken filled her nose. It smelled amazing, and truth be told, she was quite hungry from that whole ride.

"We've got roasted chicken, blood pudding, sausages, crackers, cheese, and onions on the table," Ms. Forechild spoke, "Please, help yourself."

Erin looked around curiously at the huge house. Paintings of angels and saints were all over the place. Her eyes stopped though, on a particular boy standing at the top of the stairs. He was looking down at her with a slight frown. He had jet black hair, rather skinny frame, and a trusting face.

"Stock up on that feast while you can," The boy spoke, "It'll be the last meal you'll ever enjoy."

"Boy!!" Ms. Forechild called, "You've got chores to do, now hop to it!!"

The boy stared down Erin for a good long minute before disappearing into the hallway up above. Erin walked on with them towards the dining hall. She sat down at the table as Mr. Burbon happily helped himself to some food. She looked around as maids were walking in and out of the kitchens. They all had a smile on their faces, but they looked like they hadn't slept for days. Grey circles were around their eyes, they seemed worn out and tired. They kept working though, working as if nothing was wrong.

"So Erin, do you think you can handle it here?" Mr. Burbon asked as he sliced himself a drumstick. Erin looked at Ms. Forechild and noticed her smile grow wider. Erin smiled wider in return.

"I think i can handle it," She replied.

After their meal. Mr. Burbon and Ms. Forechild got up from their seats. Ms. Forechild started leading him to the door. As soon as their backs were turned, she quickly stuffed her scraps into three separate napkins. She quickly threw them in the trash bag with her clothes and rushed over to where the two adults were. Ms. Forechild put her plump hand on Erin's shoulder and smiled as Mr. Burbon got in the car.

"Goodbye Mr. Burbon!" She chirped, "Don't worry, she's in good hands!"

Erin watched as the car drove away and Ms. Forechild shoved her inside.

"Get in!" She demanded sharply. Erin's bottom was smacked as she rushed back into the house. Ms. Forechild slammed the door shut. She bent over and pointed one sausage finger at her.

"Now you listen here, ya rat, I don't want any trouble from you," She warned, "You're stuck here until your 18. You know why you're here rat? Because you weren't supposed to exist! You're parents had you and now they dumped you on me. Be thankful i even decided to save your ass from the streets!"

Erin's fear grew as the nice woman from before turned into a vicious monster. Tears started to well up in her eyes. She was scared.

"What?! You gonna start crying now?!" Ms. F screamed, "God, what a baby you are. Suck it up! You better stop or I'll give you something to really cry about!"

Erin couldn't stop, they just kept on coming. She didn't like this lady. She didn't like this place. She wanted to go home.

"I-want-my-mo-mmy-right-n-AH!"

A huge hand went right across Erin's face, 'causing her to go down. Ms. F pointed a finger at her.

"I told you to shut up! Now YOU BETTER DO IT! ZACHARY!!!" She screeched. The boy from before approached to the top of the stairway.

"Yes Ms. Forechild?" He asked.

"Take this brat upstairs with you and the others, and shut her up!" She demanded, "I've got a headache from all her bitching, and if she doesn't stop in 10 minutes, you'll all be getting a beating!"

The boy named Zachary pursed his lips and nodded as he came downstairs. Ms. Forechild walked over little Erin and headed back into the dining hall. Erin still layed there face flat into the ground.

"Can you get up?" Zachary asked. Erin looked up at him with her bright blue eyes and sniffled a little. Zachary held out his hand and helped her off the ground. He put his hands to her face and wiped her tears.

"C'mon now, you need to stop crying," He encouraged, "Ms. Forechild isn't kidding when she said she'll beat us. I promise though, we'll get her back. Vengance is what I'm known for."

Erin sniffled and wiped her nose on her sleeve.

"What's your name again?" She asked curiously.

"Zachary Baker" He replied.

"Zacky Bayko?" She asked. Her speech was a work in progress.

"No, Zachary" He repeated, "Zachary Baker"

"Zacky Bayko?"

Zachary let out a sigh and shook his head.

"Alright, that'll do for now, but only use the Zacky part!" He informed, "You can only call me that because you're a little kid. Anyone else gets a beating."

Erin sniffled a little more and nodded her head. Zacky peered at her cheek curiously.

"Doesn't seem bad, c'mon, it's time for you to meet the rest of the guys," He replied. He took her bag into his hand and led her upstairs. He took her hand and led her to a door that read

THE BAKER STREET BOYS:

EITHER to DO or DIE
EITHER PEACE or WAR
CONSIDER the END
AND BEWARE: that's us!

Zacky opened the door and revealed a bunch of boys hopping off of each other's bunk beds. One of them was sitting by the window peacefully. He was awfully skinny, and his hair practically glowed against the small bit of light breaking through the clouds.

"Hey guys! Line up!" Zacky called out. All the boys sprung into action and lined up like soldiers. Erin giggled lightly as they all held up a salute.

"Alright chaps, this here is Erin," He announced, "Now she's new here, fresh blood. We need to keep her safe from the dragon lady that's eating her ass off downstairs."

"Aw, c'mon Bats!" One of the spoke, "We've been covering every one of your friend's asses. I don't know if I can even take another lickin' from that leather belt of hers."

"Can it, Rainy," Zacky spoke, "Alright, Erin? We here are The Baker Street Boys. There's Rusty, Nox, Rainy, Shadow, and Skinny."

Erin looked at them all curiously as Zacky pointed to himself.

"And I'm Bats," He announced proudly, "You can be one too, if you want."

"Really?!" Erin asked out in excitement.

"But she's a girl!" The boys spoke in unison.

"So? The Baker Boys should have a girl! Then way we can trick girls better," Zacky explained, "Erin, I'm making you an offical Baker Street Boy. Ready?"

Erin nodded with excitement as Zacky and the boys spit into their hands. They all held their hands out to her.

"Spit in your hand Erin," He spoke, "Then we'll know you're one of us."

Erin looked down at her hand hesitantly, but knew she had to do it. She definitely didn't want to be alone in this place. She snorted loudly and spit into her hand. They all put their hands in one pile and shouted out "BAKER BOYS RULE!" really loudly. They all cheered and clapped as Zacky gave her a hug. He leaned into her ear and whispered to her lightly.

"What do you want your name to be?" He asked. She thought about it for a moment, but nothing came to mind! She looked around quickly for a good name, but nothing really interesting inspired her. Oh no, if she couldn't find a name, what would happen? They'd probably throught her out or something! She started to panic. She needed a name, and fast!

Just then, the sound of chirping came off from the window. She looked over and saw a beautiful little Robin pecking it's beak at the little twigs that had fallen. Erin smiled. She knew the perfect name now.

"Robin please," She whispered, "But with a 'y' instead of an 'I'."

Zacky unwrapped his arms and smiled.

"Robyn?" He spoke, "Welcome to the team!"
♠ ♠ ♠
omg! 7 WHOLE STARS! YAY! 8D
only 3 more to go! We're so close! :D
I'm sorry if no one understands what's going on with Erin.
Just know that she is a reincarnation and that they need her soul to bring back emilie.
Please read this description if you need any help.
Sorry if it's a little blunt, but I'm a little sleepy, and I wanted to just get to the point.

Tickets to the zoo and pet Deathbats go out to:
SurfSkittles
BlackQueen
evencrayonslaughatme
AlishaIeroVeex
kycoolgirl
- I wish I could explain it to you better, but i'm scared that I'll ruin the whole story for you! I'll try and send you a msg or something.
trashed.n.scattered
Hell Gates
invisiblegirlhearts
The Undead!


Thank you all for being so fucking awesome! :D
Skyler.