Status: Finished.

Promise Me Forever

Feelings

Kourtney rolled over to her side on her bed, as she gazed up into the plain white ceiling, replaying the events in her head over and over again that had occurred at the Jonas’ house.

She was aware that she rudely walked out at dinnertime, immediately after Joe had attempted to hit on her. But she didn’t dare to kiss back.

But what she didn’t understand was why she didn't kiss back.

She thought she loved that boy, but she pushed him away and told him that she loved someone else – the man that almost ran her over with his car. What was wrong with her? Was she crazy? It had seemed like that all the moping and crying that she did last month had come down to nothing.

Suddenly her phone vibrated on the bedside table and she answered it. She had one new unread text message.

Sender: [Kim]
To: [Kourtney]
Are you OK sweetie?


Kourtney deleted the text and snapped her phone shut. What kind of question was that? Well, of course, she wasn’t okay. She was confused with her feelings if she loved Joe or Lucas more.

“Kourtney, love,” Lucas’ voice came.

“Yes?”

“I need to show you something,” he said.

She immediately shot upright. “What is it?” she asked.

“It’s a surprise and it’s very important. Get dressed.”

Although Kourtney had no idea what Lucas was going to show her or take her to, she smiled at the man’s secretiveness, hoping that she would fall even more in love with him.

[&&&]

Joe stared down at his feet as he buried his face into his hands. Hours had passed since dinner, and the guest had already left the house. Kourtney had left the house extremely quickly with Lucas on her heels after the incident with Joe.

He replayed the scene over and over again in his head. Lacey was all over him and she knew very well that it’d piss Kourtney off. And it did, which made Kourtney ‘excuse herself’ from the dinner table. He followed her wanting to explain himself but he tripped, and Kourtney pretty much told him to back off.

Suddenly, Joe began questioning himself.

Why was he even dating Lacey? She was a liar, and Kourtney had been trying to tell him that all along.

Why didn’t he listen to her? Then he wouldn’t have blown his chance.

But one question stood out more than the others.

Did he love Kourtney?

“Joe, why won’t you play the Nintendo with me?” Frankie whined as he shook his older brother.

“I miss her,” he mumbled. “All I can hope for now is that she’ll talk to me again after what I did.”

The boy awed at Joe’s appearance on the depressed tone in his voice. “Ew, I don’t ever want to fall in love,” he said. “I’ll never fall in love.” Then, he walked out of the room.

Joe now stared down at his hands in anger. Why had he made such a stupid move on her? He couldn’t come to terms that he possibly may have feelings for his best friend. It was all his fault, but now it was too late. She had Lucas. He was with Lacey.

“What did you do to Kourtney?” Kevin asked, leaning on the doorframe.

Joe looked up at his older brother and sighed. “I kissed her,” he hesitated.

Kevin took the seat next to his brother. “So how was it?” he asked, awkwardly.

Joe glared at him, but answered the question anyway. “Well she obviously didn’t kiss me back. That’s why she ran out so quickly.”

“No, I meant the kiss,” he grinned, jokingly, attempting to light the mood a little. “As in, is she a good kisser?”

“You’re not helping.”

“I’m sure she’ll come round,” he hoped. “Just give it time and you guys will be talking like best friends again.”

“Kevin, I screwed up,” Joe pointed out, not caring that he sounded like a whiny teenager. “How is she ever going to forgive me?”

“Good point.”

“I have an idea that may win Kourtney back,” a voice came. “You can give it a shot if you want to.”

Joe turned his neck and looked at his younger brother’s fiancée, Kim. He smiled. Sometimes she was a lifesaver and she would light up situations. He still needed to thank his brother for choosing a girl like her.

“What’s your idea?”

Kim moved into the front room of the house and sat down on the couch opposite Joe. “You have be to aware that this may not work since she’s not replying to my text, okay?”

He nodded. “Well, what’s the idea?” Joe urged again, hoping Kim would carry on.

He was eager to hear her idea. Although she may have not known Kourtney for very long, her and Kourtney had spent a lot of time together since she had entered the family.

Kim opened her mouth and took a breath before she spoke again. “Well…”
♠ ♠ ♠
Eh, short – sorry. But I think is chapter’s ok. Give me your thoughts on it.
I’d like some time to thank you all. I mean, OVER 100 COMMENTS!?
You guys make my week. Seriously. Which makes me feel bad for taking FOREVER to update this story.
Subscribe and comment, please :)

Image
AMAZING banner by xXButterflyXSkullsXx