Status: Finished.

Promise Me Forever

She Knew

A dark brown haired woman stepped out of her metallic coloured car. Aviators shielded her mysterious dark brown eyes, as she made her way across the street dark street. The sound of music had suddenly hit her ears. Music was blaring from the inside a small club, which could be heard from miles away.

She followed the music and entered the club when she arrived there. As soon as she stepped into the building, a wave of warm air, filled with sweat, hit her. She slid her sunglasses off and popped them back into her bag.

“Ugh,” she groaned, trying to shift around the horny teenagers, groping with each other.

Lacey looked around, and sighed to herself. Why was she even here? Going to bars wasn’t her thing at all, but now she found herself at one, asking the barman for a drink.

She slammed the glass down in frustration. If Joe hadn’t been so attached to Kourtney then maybe he would be around her more often. Then maybe he would be with her right now. Maybe if he was with her, she wouldn’t be in a bar right now.

“Have you got Vodka?” a brown haired man asked, as he leaned over the counter besides Lacey. He turned his head sideways to the dark brown haired girl and smiled. “Do you come here often?” he asked.

Lacey shook her head. “Nope, I don’t,” she replied, looking around the room. “I don’t think I’ve ever been here before. This is my first time. Do you?” she added automatically.

“Nah,” he said, plopping down on the seat besides her. “I usually don’t come here. But tonight, I don’t know where the fiancé is tonight.”

“Where did she last leave you?”

He shrugged. “Well, um, she went to meet up with her “adopted family” to go shopping for her wedding dress or something. She’s been out the whole day – it’s almost midnight and she’s not back yet. I don’t understand why she has to take so long.”

“A girl’s wedding dress tells a story,” Lacey mumbled, under her breath.

Suddenly, felt her phone vibrated violently in her bag. She placed her bag on the bench and scooped out her tiny, Motorola phone. She slid it upwards, unlocking the small device. One new message was waiting for her.

Sender: [Joe]
To: [Lacey]
Meet at the park tomorrow at one in the afternoon. The one outside your apartment.
Can’t wait to see you, love.


Reply.

See you there, babe.

Send.

“Who’s that?” the stranger asked.

Lacey quickly dumped her phone back into her dark coloured bag. “Nothing,” she sighed. “Just someone telling me to meet me them somewhere tomorrow.”

“You’re so secretive,” he said, stepping closer towards her.

The light shined down onto his nicely tanned skin, and his light brown hair. His blue eyes reflected the light. Lacey swore he looked familiar, but she couldn’t quite grasp his name or where she’d saw him from.

“It sounds like a boyfriend, anyway,” he said.

Lacey nodded. “You guessed it.”

From then onwards, the pair had talked and talked for hours. They talked about their basic information. Where they were from. Their jobs. Favourite color, animal, and movie. But one thing they didn’t talk in their conversation was who they were dating. Or what their names were. They had completely missed that factor.

Three hours later, Lacey found herself in the corner the bar, dancing with the guy she had met only hours ago.

“Like this club?” he yelled, over the blaring music.

Lacey nodded. “I should come here more often.”

Before she knew it though, the stranger leaned down and kissed her right on the lips. She was just about to pull away but she stopped. She let him continue kissing her. She knew it should have been Joe kissing her at the moment, and not Lucas. Deep down inside, her stomach twisted into a knot, filled with nothing but regret, knowing what she was doing, was so wrong.

“I’m Lacey, by the way,” she smiled into the kiss.

He chocked. “Lucas,” he managed to get out, slightly shocked.

Lacey quietly gasped to herself, suddenly freezing. No wonder he had looked so familiar. She had seen him at the dinner reunion. Lacey scrunched her face up. He was Kourtney’s fiancé, and even though their friendship wasn’t that pleasant, she couldn’t to this to Kourtney. She felt so bad.

But for some reason, she didn’t stop herself.
♠ ♠ ♠
I bet you didn’t see Lucas and Lacey… Or maybe you did.
Well this chapter is pathetically short, and originally it would have been about Kourtney and Joe but I got kinda tired with writing them :/

OVER 100 SUBSCRIBERS? SERIOUSLY GUYS!! AHHH OMG :D
You guys officially make me year!!
Keep the comments rolling! I’m enjoying taking to time to read them (:


Image
Banner by tom pretty