Status: Finished.

Promise Me Forever

Hospital Moments And Meetings

“You-you what??” Joe exclaimed angrily, causing the nurse to glare up at him. He ignored the rude stare and concentrated his attention on the young man in front of him.

The young man hesitated. “I c-crashed into that young lady,” he said, referring to Kourtney.

Joe glowered at him.

“By accident of course!” he added in defense. “I didn’t mean to – honest to God.”

“By accident?” Joe hissed in disbelief. “Did you not see her crossing the damn road?”

“Look I’m really sorry!” he said, hoping Joe wouldn’t smash his face in, whose anger was only getting stronger and stronger by the second. The man hesitated before speaking again. “She just came out of no where from across the road – I’m serious!”

“Maybe you should go back to Drivers Ed then,” Joe retorted pathetically.

“Why don’t you just get the hell out of here before my brother and I decide to smash your hollow head in?” Nick raged, scrunching his first. Seeing Kourtney, one of his closest friends, with so many wires attached to her, made him angry. “Maybe you’d like that to happen to you!”

The man hesitated to retort back but decided to stay quiet, and turned to grab his coat before rushing out of the room. He closed the door behind him, not wanting to be in the same room with two people that wanted to rip his head off.

“Thanks, bro,” Joe said, turning to his brother.

“No problem,” he nodded. “The man’s a douche bag, you know.”

“I know.”

“Joe?” a weak voice came.

Joe turned around and ran up to the bed, where his best friend laid. “Kourtney!” he smiled. “How are you feeling?”

“Crap – I can’t feel anything,” she answered, causing Joe to chuckle lightly.

“You’re on painkillers, sweetie,” the nurse suddenly hushed besides her. “You won’t be able to feel anything for a while. You just got out of surgery. You were caught up in a pretty bad accident.” She paused and placed a clipboard on the side of the bed. She turned to the visitors. “Ten minutes, you two, after that, I want Miss Karson to get some rest.” Then she walked out of the room.

“A car actually crashed into me?” she said, completely surprised.

“Well that’s what we heard,” Joe replied.

“What bones did I break?”

Joe walked over to the other side of the bed and picked up the clipboard the nurse had left.

“Uh, you broke…” he trailed off as he searched through the papers, until he found what he was looking for. “You broke an arm, fractured your ribs and your knuckles – mostly on your left side of your body though.”

“When am I out of here anyway?”

“If everything goes well it says…” Joe looked down that the sheet of paper again that was attached to the clipboard. “In two days.”

“Maybe that accident wasn’t as bad as I thought it was,” Kourtney suggested. “I only broke an arm and fractured a few bones. And I’ll be out of here in a couple days.”

Joe shrugged, obviously not liking his friend’s suggestion.

“I’m going to call Kevin and tell him what happened,” Nick said suddenly, pulling out his phone from his pocket before exiting the room. He closed the door behind him leaving the pair alone.

“So who was that guy you were shouting at?” Kourtney asked, grinning.

“You were awake all that time?”

Kourtney shrugged in response. “So, who was the guy you wanted to smash his head in?” she asked, again.

“I don’t think you’d like him, Kourt,” he replied. “He’s the man who crashed into you.”

“He sounded pretty sorry though.”

“That’s because he didn’t want to get bashed up.”

“Get over yourself.”

“I will, one day.”

“I’d like to meet him.”

“Wait, who?” Joe asked, confused.

“The guy who crashed into me,” she clarified.

“Kourtney,” he began. “You’re crazy!”

“Please, Joseph?” she begged.

“Fine, I’ll go check if that asshole is still around.”

Kourtney watched her best friend exit the room, leaving her alone to her thoughts. She gazed up at the plain white ceiling only for a few minutes, before Joe came back into the room with a handsome light brown man at his heels.

“He was outside,” Joe said, reading Kourtney’s thoughts.

“I’m slightly surprised,” she commented.

“This is Lucas,” Joe introduced. He walked over to the spare seat, obviously not wanting to leave the pair alone in case Lucas wanting to ram Kourtney over with his car again.

“I’m Kourtney,” she grinned, looked up at the man who approached the side of her bed.

“Lucas,” he responded. “But I think you already know that.”

“Yeah, I got that,” she giggled.

“It’s nice to meet you though,” she smiled.

Kourtney’s eyes quickly wandered over to Joe’s face, which was filled with nothing but rage and jealously. She smiled to herself, and looked up at Lucas again, knowing one thing to herself.

Lucas was definitely bound to be something good.
♠ ♠ ♠
So here’s the update I promised.
Sorry about the slightly short chapter and sloppiness.
No comment limit this time because you guys got over what I wanted :)
But still do comment/subscribe!
In case you're wondering, Lucas played by Chace Crawford
And I’m out of banners :/