Status: Re-vamped as of 8/23/2011!

You Clicked Your Heels and Wished for Me

In which the baby is fat as hell.

"Kennedy, make it stop." Wren groaned, lifting Chase out of his bed. He was kicking his legs, and in turn, leaving his mother with bruises on her ribs. Such a violent nephew of mine. I watched her tiny, pixie-like figure flitting around the hotel room, trying to find the lid for his bottle, while Kennedy was trying to keep the pacifier in his mouth. "Garrett, can you hold him for a second?" She handed off the baby to Garrett, who shot a dazzling smile at the baby in his arms.

Nobody but John knew I was here. Teenagers don't pay much attention to their surroundings, and this was perfect evidence. I was leaning against the doorway, watching everyone's frantic attempt to keep the child from screeching. It reminded me of tour, except instead of Pat throwing tantrums, Chase was pissing all over himself.

"We should send Andy a postcard of this." Kennedy smirked, "She can see the fun she's missing."

"I think I saw her on the street yesterday with some blonde girl. Andy looks ike an anorexic. It's terrifying." Wren shook her head in disapproval. "She gave have the post-baby weigh if she wants it."

"I don't." I laughed, smiling for the first time in a long time.

The room went dead. Everyone had their back to me, but dropped what they were holding--except the baby--and turned around so quickly, I'm surprised their heads remained intact.

"Are you kidding me?" Kennedy said, before tripping over the diaper bag on his way to grab me in a fierce hug. "I was so worried about you! Why the hell didn't you call me? You broke every promise you made to me, Andrea!"

"I know, I know, I know, and I'm sorry." I frowned and glanced over his shoulder at Garrett, praying nobody noticed. "For everything."

"So how's college life? Are you raving? Do you have HIV yet?" Wren asked, bouncing up and down with Chase in her pipe-cleaner arms. John was right: this baby was at least five-pounds heavier than the last time I saw him. He probably weighed as much as Wren and her tiny husband did combined.

"Um, no. I don't have any STDs, I haven't had any boyfriends. I'm off boys, actually. I'm working at the Rainbow Room, and hating it. I live in a walk-in closet, and I feel increasingly pathetic." I sighed, taking a seat on the couch. "I really am sorry for not calling."

"You made Jared cry." John smirked, crossing his arms lazily as he leaned against the wall.

I raised an eyebrow. "What? That sounds like something Kennedy would do."

Garrett tried not to laugh. He tried to keep from looking at me, to continue staring at his shoes, but he couldn't do it. I had to look at him. I had to see him, even if it was the last time I could make myself meet his eyes. I was such a traitor.

"Well, not exactly. He got really red in the face, and didn't leave my living room couch for three days." Garrett said quietly.

"Oh my God," John rolled his eyes, "Will you kiss and make up already? This is so ABC Family."

Garrett looked up under his hair at me. I gave him apologetic. "Can we talk?" I asked.

He glanced at the clock. "I think you might need to get back to work before they call out the search party." He nodded goodbye, and disappeared into his room. My eyes flashed to John, who looked like beyond disappointed. But I was the loser here.

"Denied." I said, standing up to brush myself off. "I'm leaving."

"But you'll be back, right?" Wren asked. Her tired eyes looked sad; they mirrored the borderline heartbreak in John's eyes, and I couldn't say no to her. I had to come back. Maybe they needed me around, but never as much as I needed to be around them

But I shrugged with a 'maybe,' and turned for the door."Bye, guys."
♠ ♠ ♠
Uh-oh.
Garrett's the one running this time.
I love llamaXcore for commenting.
You too can be loved if you comment (: