Status: Re-vamped as of 8/23/2011!

You Clicked Your Heels and Wished for Me

In which Simon says "yes."

"You're what?" I asked, my eyes widening, and filled to the brim. "No."

"Andrea," He sighed. I hated it. I didn't want to hear that name come from his lips.I wanted to be his Andy. I'm nobody's Andrea. "I don't live here. I've got to get back to Tempe, the band, my family."

But I want to be your family. Why couldn't I say any of this out loud? I was ready to burst out in tears, and 'please don't leave me's. I wanted him to stay with me, and we could be together. Forever. But my lazy tongue wouldn't move, and my aching throat wouldn't let words past the lump that was forming.

"Please." I croaked.

"You left first." He said. He grabbed his suitcase, and reached for the door knob. He closed the door to the hotel behind him, leaving me to stare through swimming eyes at the mahogany.

"Garrett?" I whimpered. I couldn't stand here and let him get away. It felt like some twisted Nicholas Sparks novel, but I couldn't let him get away. Not this time. I threw the door open, stumbling, still in the high-heeled shoes I'd had to wear to work. "No, Garrett, no. Don't go. Just please don't let me ruin this again."

But I didn't need to say anything. His bag was on the floor, and he was staring blankly at the open elevator in front of him. "I don't think I can do this."

"Good." I whispered before anything more eloquent could come out of my trembling lips. I threw my arms around him, and pulled my lips to his. "Now what?"

"Simon says say 'yes'." He said, against my lips. I felt one of his arms drop, and then he pulled away. I frowned. I didn't want him to let go of me. Ever.

"To what?" I pressed. I searched his eyes for an answer, but he looked down at his coat pocket. His hand slipped inside and his fingers wrapped around an object before pulling it out into the open.

The little teal, velvet box had my name on it. I didn't have time to gasp, pass out, or scream. The ring was on my finger, and I was nodding my head 'yes.'

"Good, because my plan kind of failed. I wasn't expecting you to let me get to the elevator--"

"Just shut up." I giggled, before pushing our lips together.