Break Myself

Ready

Two Months Later

Natalia put the last of her things into her carry-on bag, looking around her apartment, to make sure she hadn’t forgotten anything. She was travelling to Prague with Marty for the summer to go visit his family and for some good old rest and relaxation.

Marty hadn’t gotten to play for the rest of the season, as he still had a few, light, lingering headaches, and the doctors didn’t want to take the risk to put him back in and have even more problems, preventing him from playing the following season. But, now he was going back home to recover fully and come back the next season one hundred percent healthy.

Natalia hadn’t had any nightmares since that last one two months ago, either. She was still going to her therapist, and they seemed to be having a breakthrough with her PTSD, which Natalia fully gave credit to Marty for.

She sat down on her couch, waiting for Marty to come over so they could head to the airport. Their flight left at midnight, and it was only two in the afternoon, so she knew she had plenty of time to spare. She heard the doorbell ring, and she quickly got up to get it, expecting to see Marty standing there. However, she found herself staring into the faces of Summer and Olivia.

“Hey,” Natalia said, pulling them into a hug. “I am so going to miss doing this,” she told them.

“I still can’t believe that you’re going all the way to Prague. Couldn’t you have convinced Marty to stay here and have his entire family fly out to Chicago?” Summer asked.

“Yeah, I don’t think that would have worked so well,” Natalia said with a laugh. “And, it’s not like you’re going to be lonely or anything with you and Pat moving in together,” she added. She still couldn’t believe that Summer and Patrick were moving in together, but by some miracle, it had happened.

Patrick had asked her to move in two weeks ago, and at first, Summer had refused, thinking that it would only cause the two of them to fight more often, and it would eventually lead to them breaking up. But, Patrick had convinced her that everything would be fine, and Summer finally caved in.

She had officially moved in two days ago, and things seemed to be working fine so far. But, Natalia knew that within two weeks time, she would be getting a call from Summer complaining about Patrick. But, she also knew that Patrick and Summer’s relationship was strong enough to survive this, and that they were going to be just fine.

“And, what about me?” Olivia asked. “What am I going to do without you?” she asked her.

“What about you, Soon-To-Be-Mrs.-Toews,” Natalia joked. Jonathan had officially proposed last month, and Olivia had immediately accepted.

“You are going to be back for my wedding, right?” Olivia asked. They had set the date for August 22nd, as it would be before the guys’ preseason started, and Olivia had refused to wait an entire year to get married to Jonathan.

“Of course I’ll be back. What? Do you think I’m moving to Prague for good? Marty and I will be back sometime at the end of July or the beginning of August,” Natalia assured her.

“We’re going to miss you,” Summer told her.

“I’m going to miss you, too,” Natalia said.

A few hours later, Marty was carrying Natalia’s bags out to his car, getting ready to drive to the airport. He walked back inside Natalia’s apartment to see her looking around. “Are you okay?” he asked her.

“Yeah, I’m fine,” she told him. “It’s just weird to be leaving. I mean, I’m going to Prague. If you would have told me eight months ago that I would be going to Prague with my boyfriend for the summer, I would have told you that you were crazy.”

“And, yet, here you are,” Marty told her.

“Yeah, here I am, getting ready to go to Prague to meet your parents,” she said. She looked up at him, saying, “Do you think they’re going to like me?”

“How could they not like you when I love you?” he asked her. “Don’t worry about it. My parents are going to love you. You’ll just have to wait and see,” he said.

“Okay,” Natalia said with a nod of her head. “You ready?” she asked, turning her head up to look at him.

“Yeah, let’s go,” he said, linking his hand with hers, while putting his other hand in his pocket, fiddling with the engagement ring that was inside.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, I think that may have been my favorite ending I've ever written. But, I want to know what YOU think about it! So, if you could leave me one last comment, that would be great!

And, I want to thank every single one of you that read/commented/subscribed. I'm grateful to each one of you! It was great to hear what all of you thought!