Scandals-R-us

Dove

“I should be getting you home now.” Tristan said looking at the giant clock on the left side of the theatre wall.
“Yeah, wouldn’t want dad to send a search party.” I sighed not moving from my snuggle position next to Tristan.
“Come on let’s go.” He kissed the top of my head and helped me up from my seat.
We walked out of the mini theatre in silence just savoring our time together. I wasn’t sure what he could be thinking but I was pretty sure it was along the same lines of what I was thinking. When will the next time be? It was actually pretty nice to be with Tristan he was so well Tristan… no other way to explain the butterflies that tickled my stomach whenever I would look at him.
“Sorry we didn’t get a chance to drive around.” He said but without a trace of an apologetic tone.
“You’re not sorry and neither am I. Thank you for well just all of this.” He opened the front door for me.
I smiled at him showing I was being genuine. Then I was about to step out of the door when I gasped with surprise taking a quick step back almost falling over.
“Careful wouldn’t want to give you back to your father with any broken bones or bruises.” He smiled but then looked at the ground where I could not tear my eyes from. “I’m sorry Dawn this is just...”
A dead dove lay on the front welcome mat. It had a note tied around the neck proving it was not a sheer coincidence that the dove died there. Then again doves don’t live here in Nevada. It was getting stranger by the minute. Tristan moved me aside to retrieve the note from the dove.
“Dove like Dove. Love like Love. Rider like Rider.” He read off the note.
“That makes no sense…” I finally said breaking the silence between us.
“I gotta get you home Dawn.” He said with stony eyes.
“What about you? You should call the sheriff’s. Or maybe you could spend the night at my house.” I suggested trying to be helpful in any way possible.
“Trust me; I can take care of myself.” He stared intently at me.
As strange as it may seem…I did trust him. How can this guy that has only been in my life such a short amount of time have already my trust? It was just so bizarre like almost fate. Now I’m not one of those tarot reading type girls but I do believe in fate and destiny. Sometimes they can be good…or just plain bitchy.
♠ ♠ ♠
The rest of the chapters are in the making