Status: Completed! Thank you all :D

The Words We Forget to Say

I'll be the one to keep you

Texas Warped Tour (next day)

*Jessica's POV*

"Are those the small or medium shirts?"

I watched as Sierra lifted the lid of the box she was carrying and peeked inside at the contents.
"Eh, these are the small..."

"Great!" I exclaimed happily," those are the ones I wanted to set up here."

She sighed in relief and carried the cardboard box over to me, dropping it into my hands and liberating herself of the weight.

She clasped her hands together and grimaced," Well Jess, I'd really love to help you finish setting up here, but I have to run and meet up with Anthony."

I set the box on the nearby table, it landed with a dull thud and I turned to face Sierra with a genuine smile.
"Aw, alright. That's okay, I can finish up here."

She returned my smile and leaned in for a hug.
"Cool, so I guess I'll see you later right?"

"Yeah, sounds good. Thanks for helping me out here."

She ended our embrace and shot me a sympathetic look, wiping the beads of sweat off of her forehead," Youre welcome, hun. I know it gets pretty tough being the only girl in a group of loud, hormonal boys."

I laughed and nodded at her true words," Yeah, its hard at times. Well, I guess I'll see you soon. Bye Sierra."

She gave me the thumbs up sign and spun around," See you around."

"Oh, Sierra?"

She stopped in midstep and looked over her shoulder," Huh?"

"Thanks for the advice."

She grinned," Youre welcome. Just do what your heart tells you to."

She turned around again and soon disappeared into another tent.

I met Sierra Kusterback last night when I was hanging out with Kyle's band. She's the lead vocals of the band VersaEmerge and we had befriended each other instantly. After all, she was the first female I met on this tour besides Casey who I could actually relate to.
We gained each others confidence within a short span of time and I told her about my ordeal with Kyle and Alex easily.

Sierra looked at me with her empathetic, brown eyes and told me sternly," Dont doubt your heart for a second Jess, because it knows what it truly wants over anything else. Look deep and see who your feelings lie within and just go for it.... 'cause if you don't, it'll be too late and you'll regret it."

I could tell by the look in her eyes that she knew all too well of that feeling and I patted her back reassuringly," I'll remember that Sierra, thank you."

She just nodded slowly and stared at nothing in particular, her mind probably racing with memories of her past.


I didn't want that to happen to me. I don't want to live regretting my choices, all because I denyed my true feelings. If the time ever came, I would surely take Sierra's advice without a second's delay.

I sighed and tried to heft up one of the heavier boxes that contained the hoodies.
I huffed and managed to lift it up.
"Need some help with that?"

I looked up and saw David Blaise extending an arm out, easing the heavy box off of my aching arms.

I tucked a wet strand of hair behind my ear, the heat already getting to me.

David set the box down on the table and turned to me with a curt nod," Hey Jessica. How's your morning?"

"Hot," I complained with pouting lips.

He gave me a small weak smile and nodded," Well, you'd best get used to it. It's going to get even hotter in the afternoon."

I narrowed my eyes; I had expected him to make a witty remark about me saying it was "hot".
Then I sighed, remembering the last time I had spoken to him.

"Look, David I'm sorry about the other day."

He stared at me with a blank expression and shrugged, the leather of his jacket scrunching up," Theres nothing to be sorry about."
"Of course there is," I argued, leaning my hip on the table so it could support my weight," I was being kind of bitchy and rude."

He shrugged again and I almost expected him to smirk but the same nonchalant expression remained fixed on his face.

"And I'm really grateful you told me that about Kyle... It's good to know, just in case."

I cheered silently when a small smile crept onto his lips," Youve gotten some sense at last."
I just rolled my eyes at him and grinned.

"but really," David said with a serious expression and voice to match," Kyle has his intentions in mind and only his. Be careful."

I nodded solemnly and closed my eyes," I'll watch out."

I felt a hand softly touch my shoulder and I opened my eyelids to find Davids blue eyes burning into mine, our faces dangerously close.

He leaned in a little closer and whispered, almost inaudible," Thank you, that's all I ask."
I shuddered as I realized Kyle had whispered those same words to me last night."

Davids face inched closer to mine and I realized what he was going to do, immeadietly pulling away," I'm sorry David but-"

"Jess!"

I wheeled around at the sound of that familiar voice and smile nervously," Oh hey there Kyle."

"Hey baby," he exclaimed and kissed me straight on the lips with more force than necessary.

I arched my eyebrow at him and turned to face David.
"David, this is my boyfriend Ky-"

"Kyle." he finished for me.

"Its nice to see you again too, David," Kyle said with a strange tone.

David sneered and pointed his chin at me," So I see you've found yourself a lovely girl too, she's a keeper by the looks of it."

"Of course," Kyle growled," She deserves the best."

David snickered and spoke through clenched teeth," Of course, every woman deserves to be treated greatly. Even a phone call would be fine, too make sure she's doing okay..."

"We do what we can," Kyle said, taking the hint.

"Even if the best is doing absolutely nothing g and abandoning her," David countered.

I could sense Kyle tense up next to me, and in the corner of my eye I saw his fist clench.

"Uh, Kyle can you help me find Sierra? I gave her my phone to hold and I forgot to ask for it."

He grabbed my hand tightly and pulled me out of the tent roughly, anger evident in his manner," See you around Blaise."

I looked away to see David walking away with our another word.

Maybe David wasn't lying after all...
♠ ♠ ♠
Long chapter? :)

Well, summer's end is coming soon and I'm going to be sad to see it go. School starts on September 8th for me... We'll see how it goes :)

Comments are greatly appreciated as well as my subscribers and readers!
Though those silent readers really should drop a story comment from time to time (hint hint).
Thanks to all of you who comment!

<33

title credit:: the last thing on your mind by lights