Status: Completed! Thank you all :D

The Words We Forget to Say

In a stitch like this you gotta think

*Jessica's POV*

(later that day at the Warped BBQ)

I quickly clutched a small water bottle and set out in search of David, hesitantly making my way past the aromatic smells of the barbecue.

I walked around the bus area hoping to catch sight of David's blue eyes and round face, framed by his dark brown hair.
Instead I saw Dan Young and my brother, Caleb, conversing.

I made my way up to them and smiled widely," Hey Caleb, Dan."

Caleb just lifted his chin in acknowledgment and Dan grinned, embracing me.

"Jessica! I haven't seen you at all lately, how are you?"

"I'm great," I replied happily and smiling genuinely at his distinct accent," The tour is just amazing so far... thanks to David too because he agreed to help me out with the merch."

Dan smiled," Yeah, David was excited to help you out...you were all he really talked about."

I laughed nervously and felt my ears turn hot," Yeah, we're pretty good friends... speaking of David, do you know where he is?"

Dan frowned and scratched his head," Actually, no I don't... I haven't seen him lately. He might be walking around here somewhere, but I honestly don't know where he is currently."

"Oh... well that's okay," I mumbled," If you see him around would you do me a favor and tell him I said thanks for helping out?"

"Sure thing Jess".

"Thanks so much," I said gratefully.

"Oh, Jessica?"

I turned to face my brother, who had a bored expression glued on his face," Kyle was looking for you. He said to meet him in the bus."

"Oh, okay," I said softly, wondering why Ky;e wanted me to meet him in the bus," I'll see you later Dan, bye."

He nodded," See ya."

I spun around and jogged past two buses, finally reaching FTSK's bus. I opened the unlocked door easily, inhaled deeply, and stepped into the dark bus.

"Kyle?" I called into the darkness.

"Over here," I heard Kyle answer.

I looked over to my left and saw Kyle sitting at the built-in table, fiddling with his sunglasses.

I walked over to him and sat at the opposite end of the table,' Hey hun."

He smiled weakly and looked up at me, still toying with his sunglasses," "Hey Jess, how's it going?"

"Er, okay?" I offered.

He sighed and reached out for my hand, I intertwined my fingers with his more than willingly.

"I'm sorry for acting strange today, when David was aruond."

I nodded, understanding," It's okay. Something obviously happened between you two that made you dislike each other."

He took his hand out of mine and smoothed back his fringe," I guess I should tell you what happened, huh?"

I nodded," That would be a good idea."

He closed his eyes and after what seemed like a lifetime he reopened them, a new fire burning in them," David and I used to be what you and Jack were... best friends. One day I had found out that my Grandma had died and I started to drink.... Basically, I became wasted and David took me to FTSK's bus, leaving me to go play his set. He left me, drunken with no sense whatsoever, alone on the bus."

He eyed me and I just nodded. I've seen him get drunk only once. Kyle didn't drink much, but when he did... he almost always became completely wasted.

He sighed and continued," Well, his so-called 'girlfriend' came onto the bus and saw how fucking trashed I was."

He gulped, a hate starting to become evident in his light blue eyes," She was completely sober, with not a drop of alcohol in her body. She was the one who took advantage of me, and she doesn't even have the excuse that she was drunk."

He clenched his fist angrily and growled," It was her fucking fault that she got pregnant."

"So you didn't care at all about her or the baby?"

A wave of sadness flooded his eyes and he unclenched his fist," Are you kidding me? That was my baby Jess. Of course I cared, but the problem was when I woke up the next day I had no recollection of the night before. Jessica, I didn't remember anything."

My eyes widened and a gasp escaped my lips," But didn't she tell you she was pregnant with your baby?"

He laughed mockingly," You know, four five months I put up with David's glares, sneers, and cold shoulder... I put up with all that shit. Whenever I asked him what I did wrong all he did was get pissed off and leave without an explanation."

He shook his head," And then during that fifth month I got a call from his girlfriend's parents. They threw a fit at me and yelled at me, saying that they never wanted me to talk to her again or be near the baby...my baby. They said if I did they would place a warrant on me. Because apparently I had taken advantage of her... She lied to them and reversed the story..."

I felt the tears gather on the brim of my eyelid and I rushed over to his side," That's terrible Kyle! How could she lie like that and keep you away from your baby?! Have you even tried to tell David what really happened?"

He nodded his head, a pained expression clouding his eyes," He won't believe me Jess... he hates my guts."

He wiped my tears away and kissed my cheek, caressing me soothingly.

"I'm going to tell him what really happened Kyle, he has no reason to hate you the way he does."

"I'd rather you not Jess. He gets really angry when people try to talk to him about it... and sometimes even violent. I don't want anything to happen to you."

I leaned away from him and replied with a fierce determination," I doubt he'll do anything rash Kyle. I'm going to do this regardless of whatever you say."

He sighed, knowing it was useless to argue," Just be careful, please.

I pecked his lips," Of course. But until that moment, I'm going to sleep... I'm exhausted."

He grinned and held my hand, leading e to his bunk, " Sleep sounds really good right now."
♠ ♠ ♠
So sorry guys, this chapter was long overdue. I was having a bad writer's block but now I'm back on track!

I officially have 7 stars on this story, which makes me so happy. It's amazing considering I only expected to get 1 or 2 stars at most haha.

yup, so please keep reading, commenting, and subscribing!
Thanks to everyone who does =)
<3

title credit:: what is love by never shout never