Status: Completed! Thank you all :D

The Words We Forget to Say

the gears in my mind

*Jessica's Point of View*
(two weeks later)

"Jess, stay here please."

I tugged at my hand, enclosed by Kyle's strong grip, " Kyle, let go of me! I'll try to stay away from Alex can't you trust me?!"

"No baby it's not that," he swiftly pulled me over to him and embraced me, making me drop my duffel bag," I just don' t trust him."

I gently pried his hands from the small of my back," Don't worry, okay? Jack will be there. And Rian. And Zack too. So don't stress out, I'll be alright."

I fought back the urge to slap him and rolled my eyes instead," Stop being so paranoid. I'll see you tomorrow anyhow."

"But I'll miss you."

I closed my eyes and sighed," I've been on the bus with you ever since David stopped by, give me a break. Jack misses me too... and besides, I'm sure you won't die from missing me."

He arched his eyebrow," Are you sure about that?"

I rolled my eyes again and exhaled, exasperated," Oh, shut up."

Then it came to me, Kyle wasn't holding on to my hand anymore.
I quickly ran to his side and pecked his lips, words flying out," I love you, bye."

I picked up my duffel bag quickly and ran out of the door.

"Jessica, wait!"

I bit my lip and refused to look back at him," I'll see you soon."
_______________________________________

"Jack!"

I dropped my duffel bag on the floor of the bus and ran over to him happily.

He looked up from his laptop and almost immediately, a huge grin erupted onto his lips.
"Jess!"

He shot up and gave me a bear hug, picking me up and spinning me around.
"Where has my best friend been? I missed you!"

He finally placed me down again and I laughed, amused by his enthusiasm.
I sat down on a chair and shot him a puppy face," I've been put on bus arrest by Kyle, but I managed to make it here."

I flashed him a devilish smile and he just grinned back, sitting right next to me.

"That's tough man, I know what happened and all with Alex. Does Kyle know you're here?"

"Um, yeah, he does. He doesn't approve, but I don't care... wait, you know?"

He nodded somberly," We told him it was a shitfaced plan, but of course he didn't listen to us and went forward with asking you... at the worst timing too."

I heaved a sigh and laid my head on his shoulder," I feel bad about it all, but I just couldn't do that to Kyle."

I felt him shift around his body uncomfortably and I lifted my head in response.

"You really love Kyle, huh?"

I lowered my eyes and toyed with the hem of my tank top," I uh... I guess so...."

He gave me a weak smile," You don't love him do you?"

I ran a hand through my hair and sighed," Listen, Jack, I really don't want to talk about his okay? I'm here to spend time with you, not to talk about my problems."

"Aha, so you admit it!"

My eyes widened," Admit what?"

"That you don't love him. That's why you said you don't want to talk about your problems."

My brain stopped working because apparently, I couldn't think of a rational excuse," I, uh- I didn't mean--".

"I'm just kidding, Jess," he said, nudging my side," I'm just looking out for you."

I met his eyes and smiled at his warm reassurance," Thanks."

He swung his arm around my shoulder," Any time."

"Hey, you're back."

We turned our heads simultaneously at the sound of that dreaded voice.

Bubblegum smile and snakebite heart, she instantly reminded me of the need to break her up with Alex.

"Well, it's nice to see you again, but I have to get some ice for Alex's nose."

I flinched, remembering that it was my boyfriend that punched him.

She walked away shaking her head," I can't believe he fell that hard and screwed up his face."

She shrugged nonchalantly," Oh well."

I watched as she left and sighed in relief when she was out of sight," She doesn't know it was Kyle?!"

He shook his head," Nah, we didn't want her to get all crazy bitch on you and Kyle."

I smiled widely," So you told her he fell?"

He grinned," You bet."

I jumped up and hugged him tightly," Thank you so much! You literally saved me hell."

He laughed into my hair," Okay, okay. I love you too, you're welcome!"

"Hey can I join the party?"

I jerked back in surprise and stared at Alex, his nose red and swollen, a black eye prominent on his face.

"Oh, hi Alex."

He stared back at me," Hi."

I couldn't leave his gaze, but when Jack cleared his throat I tore my eyes away from his quickly, staring at the wall behind him instead.

"I, um, I'm sorry about the other day."

When he didn't respond I looked up to meet his brown eyes again.

"Don't sweat it."
He held my gaze for two more seconds and then turned around, exiting the bus.

Once he was out I slumped back, not even bothering to look at Jack's reaction," Shut up."

" I wasn't going to say anything. Jess, look at me."

I let my eyes reach his and waited.

"Let's forget about everybody okay? Just like you said, you're here to spend time with me. I'd really like that."

I nodded," Okay."

"So how does this sound: you stay here for the rest of the tour. One week."

I looked at him skeptically," Kyle would never go along with that."

"He stole you from me and now I'll steal you from him. We'll be even."

I rolled my eyes," He'll be looking for me."

He clasped his hands together," We'll pack up merch for you, David will do all of FTSK"s merch from now on, you'll hide on our bus, we'll set off right away."

I laughed," Seriously? You're willing to do that?"

He nodded," Let's make this the best week possible."

I smiled," You and me?"

"....You and me Jess, you and me."

*Jack's Point of View*

She didn't love Kyle.
And that fact was beyond elating.

This is my chance.
Warped would be coming to an end and I had to make the best of it.

Two weeks to make her fall in love with me.
7 days.
7 chances.

It's now or never.
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter is for jesskidding and Novarez; aka Team Jack :D

So school has officially started for me. I'm not sure if I'll be able to update as often now, but I'll try my hardest. Starting with hopefully squeezing an update in this sunday.

In other news, from now on there will be a day for each day left. So one week = seven chapters. I'm not completely positive if it will end in that seventh update, but we'll see... ;)

Subscribe?
Comment?

Thanks for reading!
<3

**EDIT: I'm such an idiot, when i typed this up i forgot to include Jack's POV, but i got that in there now, so read it ;) sorry!
title credit:: Living Proof by The Downtown Fiction