Status: Completed! Thank you all :D

The Words We Forget to Say

Day One

*Jessica's Point of View*

The heat of the long, exhausting day clung on to my sticky skin, my tired eyes closing and opening involuntarily.

I felt two hurried taps on my shoulder and I turned my head slowly to see Jack quickly packing up merch.

"Go to the bus now! Hurry! Hide under the covers of Rian's bunk!"

I grinned sleepily at his hushed, urgent tone and nodded, sauntering out of the tent.
"Hurry up!" I heard Jack whisper/yell at me from behind.

I sighed and quickened my pace as much as I could, dragging my feet across the ground forcefully.

__________________________________

I made it onto All Time Low's bus reasonably quick, despite my near-fainting condition.
I hurriedly clambered into Rian's bunk, already lost in the mass of dark blue sheets.

I tossed the covers over my head and sunk deeper into the thin mattress, the metal springs poking at my sides painfully.
I shifted around cautiously, making sure I looked just like part of the sheets; a huge blue mass.

Satisfied with my posistion, I nestled into rian's down pillow, listening intently for any noises.

__________________________________

Just as my eyelids were about to close, I heard urgent footsteps enter the bus.
The footsteps continued on to the bunk area and my heart automatically began to beat faster.
I heard the sound of the curtains of Rian's bunk being brushed aside and I held my breath, stiffening my body.

"Jess, it's me! Are you in there?"
I breathed in relief and replied quietly.

"Yeah, is it too obvious that I'm hiding here?"

I heard him chuckle lightly," No, actually, you blend right in."

"Oh, well... Thanks."

I could imagine the silly smirk he had on his face and I couldn't help but to smile from under the sheets.

"Okay so we packed up all the merch. Kyle came to look for you but we told him you were somewhere else and sent him to the farest stage. Once Alex, Zack, Rian and Casey get here-".

I suddenly heard the loud stomping of feet into the bus and Casey's shrill voice accompanied by Alex's slightly exasperated tone.
Yeah, you could say they're here now.

The heavy door of the bus slammed behind them, the engine starting only moments after.
The bus slowly reversed and soon we were out of the parking area and onto the road, from the war the bus glided swiftly without stopping.

"You can get out of there now."
I tossed the covers off of my tense body and scanned my surroundings nervously.

"Its okay, we made it out."

I met Jack's happy brown eyes and smiled,hopping out of the bunk and into his arms.
"Yes! That means I get to spend the off day tomorrow with you!"

I felt his arm wrap around my waist, hugging me back lightly," Its great isn't it? I was praying that this plan would work and what do you know-"

A loud ringtone erupted from the back pocket of my jeans and I jerked my phone out quickly, staring dismally at the name on the small screen.
Kyle(:

I looked up at Jack sadly and whispered," Its Kyle."

He stared back at me with pitiful, pleading eyes," Dont answer, please..."

I closed my eyes and bit my lip.
I hated to do it, but I turned the phone off and shoved it back into my pocket

Jack laid a hand on my shoulder," Jess, I'm so sorry but if you answered-"

"I know, I know. It would only complicate things..."

He nodded and gave me a light smile," Thanks."

I stared into his sad, deep brown eyes and then the fact hit me.
Kyle would have to deal with my short abscence whether he liked it or not.
He wouldn't die from not seeing me or simply missing me.
He was just acting like a paranoid, annoying, over-protective jerk.

Jack deserved so much more, and Im not about to let him down.

I flashed him a smile laced with genuine happiness," Any time, I'll always call you when I need to be kidnapped."

He grinned," 1-800-GET-JACK".

"Speed dial number one."

He laughed and pulled me over to him, embracing me tightly," I love you Jess, thank you so much."
He pulled away slightly, his hand still resting on my hips gingerly," It means the world to me."

"I love you too Jack... And seeing you happy means the world to me."

He smiled and leaned forward, his lips grazing my cheek lightly, engulfing me in another embrace.

"That was just about the cheesiest thing I've ever seen."

I wheeled around at the sound of that notorious voice, glaring at Alex, a smirk tugging at the corners of his lips.

"You're just about the cheesiest thing I've ever seen."

"Ooohhh, Alex you just got dissed!"

I gave Zack a hard look, who stood behind Alex, looking amused.
"Go somewhere Zack."

He held up his hands in mock surrender and walked awar muttering," Bitch says I
go away, I gotta go away. Its the law."

I huffed angrily and turned my attention to Alex, giving him the coldest glare I could muster.

He shot me an innocent smile," Yeah, and I sure bet that this broken nose adds to the cheesiness."

I instantly regretted my sharp insult and shook my head," Im sorry-"

"Jusr forget it," he growled," I shouldn't have even brought it up."

He walked away towards the front of the bus and I sighed heavily.
"Remember what we talked about Jess?"

Jack's voice sounded so small compared to all the contradicting thoughts jumbled inside of my mind.

"This week is about us, just us. Are you listening Jess?"

I nodded and met his eyes, giving him a small smile," Of course, I wouldn't like it any way else."

"Good," he grinned," 'Cause tomorrow we're going out, just us two."

"Where to?"

"It's a surprise, duh."

"Hm, well, I can't wait."

He smiled genuinely, the smile even touching his eyes.
He held my hand, leading me towards the front of the bus, where the rest of the band was gathered.

"... Me too."
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright, please don't hate me. I wasn't able to update on Sunday, or even during the week... Until today. I know, I suck haha. It's just that school is so time-consuming and all...it's a drag. So sorry!

Alright now to the real bulk.

WARNING: this authors note may be a little long

Okay so I'm just going to give you all the run down of how the rest of this story is going to go.
There are now 6 more days left in Warped Tour. So that means that there will be 6 more chapters, one for each day left in the tour. Basically all of the upcoming chapters will be in Jack's point of view. And just as a little note, some chapters may be painfully long, while others may be painfully short. Jusr bear with me, it'll all be worthwhile in the end. The story most likely won't end on the 21st chapter. I'll probably be writing an epilogue or something of the sort.
So that's how it's going to go...
I'll definetly try to write an update in the very near future....

Thanks for reading!

Feedback is greatly appreciated, so thanks to all of you who have been commenting!
Keep 'em coming!
<3

title credit (short description):: let the games begin by anarbor