Status: Completed! Thank you all :D

The Words We Forget to Say

Day Two

"Are you done eating, Jess? I want to get going."

I watched as Jessica swallowed her last biteful of her lunch, Sicilian pizza, and flash me a thumbs up sign.

She stared at me for a bit and I waited, hoping she'd get the hint.

"Well, you're not going out in your pj's are you?"

"Oh, yeah, that," she grinned sheepishly and stumbled out of the hotel bed and into the bathroom.

While I waited for her to get out, I stood nervously by the bed.
Words couldn't begin to describe the load of emotions tumbling around in my gut, worsening my already high anxiety.

Today I'd have to find a way to get, even if by the smallest amount, closer to her.
I'd have to make her forget about Kyle, not that it would require much effort on my part, nor hers.

The part that had me worried was that I'd have to make her fall in love with me.
Me, the guy who she's always seen as a friend and only a friend for more then enough years...
But I had to try.

I would never be able to live with the fact that I could of been more then friends if I'd just tried.

The familiar noise of the doorknob made my thoughts disperse and I stood up straight, staring at the entrance of the bathroom expectantly.

I laughed at the skimpy tank top she wore,"If you're wearing that, then you should bring a sweater."

She frowned and peered down at the purple fabric," Why? Does it look bad?"

I chuckled silently at the irony; if only she knew how gorgeous I thought she looked," No, no, not at all. I'm just sayin' you should take it along in case you get cold."

She stared at me skeptically," Jack, you do realize it's 82 degrees outside, right?"

I grinned and grabbed her grey goodie from the bed, tossing it to her," Just take it."

____________________________________

"No way!"

I cheered silently, watching her thrilled reaction with a small smile," Yes way."

"Seriously Jack, you choose the greatest places to go to."

"Thats cause I am The Greatest."

She grinned at me, "I can't argue with that."

We took our ice skates from the meloncholy teenager behind the counter and sat by a nearby bench to put them on.

"Have you ever been ice skating before?"

"Nope, so you'll have to bear with my major suckishness."

"Don't worry," I assured, giving my laces one last tug to make sure they were secure," it's easy, you'll learn fast."

"I sure hope so," she breathed, struggling with her skate's laces.

"Here, I'll get thar for you," I offered, untying the knots in her laces and retying them correctly.

She rose after I finished, standing with shaking knees.
"I also hope I don't fall on my ass."

I chuckled and wrapped my arm around her thin waist, leading her to the heavy double doors.
Once we were inside, I felt Jessica pull closer to me," Ha it really is cold."

"Told ya so."

We walked slowly to the entrance of the actual rink, and stopped, glancing at Jessica's frightened face, " Are you ready?"

She shook her head fiercly with wide eyes," No!"

"Too bad."

I hauled her into the ice rink quickly as she scrambled frantically on the ice, managing to latch her herself onto the small wall that surrounded the rink.

"Holy shit Jack! I'm gonna kill you!"

"You know that was the only way to get you in just as much as I do."

She glared at me," I could have fell."

"But you didn't," I retorted, gliding easily over to her side, extending my hand.

"Ha, what makes you think I'll trust you after that!?"

"...Please?" I begged, pouting.

I saw her jaw slacken and her shoulders loosen up.
She reached out with a trembling hand and held onto my own hand.

"Thats it!" I praised, watching her wobble over to me, with a surprisingly minute amount of difficulty.

"Good job," I complimented as she made it to my side, her frigid hand still in mine.
"Now let's try to make it to the other side of the rink."

She stared at the far end of the rink with terror, as though it was a menacing vilain," All the way over there?!"

"Yes, there," I chuckled, giving her hand a reassuring squeeze," I'll be holding your hand. All you have to do is walk; only you don't lift your feet up."

"Easier said than done," she muttered.

"Just try it please..."

She sighed, but soon enough her left foot slid foward a bit, her right foot following in suit.
She smiled, taking another small step on the ice," Hey, this isn't so bad, it's actu-"

I felt her free hand grab my jacket and I hauled her falling body up before it could hit the unforgiving ice.

"Its okay, you were doing great. Give it another go."

She nodded and exhaled shakily, the clouds of her breath disappearing just as fast they appeared.

She took an unsure step forward and then two more, her hand gripping mine tightly.
"Thats good, keep going."

She sped up a bit and I smiled," Looks like your a natural, huh?"

She shot me a coy smile," I guess so... This is actually kind of cool.. Wow."
She smiled, her black skates flying slowly but smoothly over the ice.

That smile made my heart fly too," Lets speed up a bit."

She smirked at me," Okay, sounds good."

We stopped at the wall and turned to face the opposite side.
"Ready?" I inquired.
"You bet."
"Go!"

We went foward cautiously at first, then a little faster, hoping to not collide with the other skaters.

I sped up and Jessica did the same, still gripping my hand.
I was just about to speed up again when I heard her scream.

Instantly, I felt the weight of her body crash into me and we both fell down on our arses, sliding haphazardly on the cold ice.
I looked around frantically for Jessica when I heard an excited voice whisper next to me," That was so much fun."

I spun my head around quickly and was surprised when a pair of lips brushed brushed against mine roughly.

Whoops, I thought as Jessica brought her fingers to her lips in surprise.
I felt my cheeks turn hot," Eh, sorry, I didn't know you were, er... So close..."

She stared back at me shyly and I noticed a faint blush on her porcelin skin," Umm, it's..okay...well..."

She smiled nervously," Can we take a break? That was one hell of a fall..."

I returned the smile," Of course."

And I knew something had changed within her as she slipped her warm hand into mine.
I would have never achieved half this much if it weren't for thar accident.

I guess fate is on my side, because... It brought me that much closer to her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys, I'd really love it if you guys just dropped in a story comment...please? With the amount of readers I have, it's important to receive feedback, but I haven't been getting a enough of that lately. So if it isn't too much of a bother, I'd really appreciate it if you submitted a comment :D

In other news... A couple of days ago I was spacing out during history and then it hit me. I came up with a great plot for my Kennedy Brock story! I think it's pretty good, and it'll be really fun to write :) You can thank my history teacher for giving me a kickstart on that. Haha. A rough estimate of when I'll have the first chapter up is 1-2 weeks. I can't wait :D

Also, if you haven't already, go check out Rachel & Trevor at www.purevolume.com/heiswe
they've got some pretty amazing music!

Thanks for reading!

title credit (short description):: a mess it grows by he is we