Status: Completed! Thank you all :D

The Words We Forget to Say

Day Four

"Hey Sierra, over here!"

I watched nervously as Sierra spun around, her dark brown hair streaming behind her.
I waved at her frantically as to catch her attention and lowered my hands as she started to walk in my direction.

I wiped my clammy hands on the rough denim fabric of my jeans and wished my stomach would stop acting like a washer machine, spinning around my gut like there was no tomorrow.

I really didn't know why I was like this really... I guess I was just scared.
Scared that Sierra would be angry with me; I knew she cared a lot for Jessica.

Sierra made it to me and I plastered on a smile as she greeted me, her oversized sunglasses hiding her eyes from the intense sun.," Hey, Jack-O, what's up?"

I embraced her quickly and decided to get to the point, clearing my throat," Um, I need to talk with you about something."

She smiled lightly," Of course! What do you need to talk about, hun?"

I almost decided not to say it and walk away, but I made it this far so why quit now?
I continued apprehensively," Well, uh... It's about Jessica."

I could tell that she knew something by the way the smile disappeared from her face, replaced by a grim, taut line," Oh, I see. Why don't we go sit in the shade."

She didn't wait for my response as she strides over to a shaded area with blue lawn chairs arranged in a circle.

We sat down and I stared awkwardly at my lap; I just couldn't bring myself to look up at her despite the pathetic fact that she was wearing sunglasses anyhow.

"Well?" she stated bluntly and I looked up, but not exactly at her, instead focusing on a blonde streak in her hair.
" I like Jessica."

She sighed softly," Of course you do, she's your best friend."

I struggled, trying to grasp onto the right words," No, I mean, I like her but... more than just a friend."

Sierra frowned and clicked her tongue," Jack, you have got to be kidding me?! You can't do this to the poor girl. She has enough on her back already."

"Do what to her?"

She scowled," C'mon Jack. You have to be blind to not see that she has enough problems to think about with Alex and Kyle."

" I thought she was done with Kyle and she just felt bad for Alex, but she would never date him."

She laughed," HA, really? Not even close buddy. She feels terrible about what happened to Kyle; absolutely devastated. And as for Alex... that's complicated."

I sighed heavily, shaking my head," I want her to forget about Kyle and Alex. I want it to be me and her... more than just friends."

"And how exactly do you plan on doing that? If you haven't noticed, she's in no state of mind to get involved in another relationship."

"I'll help her through all this and hopefully she'll realize I'm the one who's right for her. And if you mentioned me to her, it wouldn't hurt..."

She coughed loudly," NO. No, I refuse to do that to her."

I put on a puppy face," Please Sierra?!?"

"NO."

" I mean you don't even have to tell her about me liking her, maybe just imply that Kyle and Alex aren't for her."

She exhaled loudly and huffed," Jack, you owe me your life for this."
She stood up and walked away, muttering to herself," Asking me to do that to my friend, in her state?! Ha!"

I cheered silently, a grin on my lips, yelling," Thank you Sierra! I'll be your personal slave forever!"

She waved her hand at me angrily and proceeded to All Time Low's merch booth.

____________________________________

I stood in the tent behind ATL's and pressed my ear to the cold tarp, barely being able to hear the conversation on the opposite side.

"Jessica, you need to decide who's right for you."

I could almost see Jessica's beautiful face scrunching up, a frown on it," And how do you suppose I can do that?"

Sierra sighed," Forget everything's that happened so far and really think about this. Who do you truly love? Who can you always count on for everything? Who can make you smile when you feel like shit? Most importantly; Who will always be there for you? Alex? Kyle? Who..?"

Jessica seemed ready to cry by the way her voice started to falter considerably and I had the urge to go and embrace her comfortingly.

"I don't know!" she choked," None of them! They've never been there for me like that. They're the reason I feel like crap."

She sniffed," If only they were like Jack. He's perfect... he's always been there for me.. more times than I can count."

Sierra stood up," Then maybe you just answered your own question, Jess. If Jack is what you need... if Jack wasn't there for you what would you do? Do you need him? You say Jack is perfect, then prove it. Maybe Jack is the one for you."

Sierra walked away and I bit my lip, wishing I could see Jessica's reaction.
I was just about to walk away when a hushed whisper from the All Time Low tent caught my attention.

I placed my ear back on the tarp and listened attentively.

Out of all the blur of voices around me, only one stood out from all the rest.
As I listened, my heart flew.

The soft voice whispered quietly,
"Maybe she's right."
♠ ♠ ♠
Kyle will return in the next chapter!

Comment and subscribe please? :D

MY GOD. Who has listened to the new A Rocket to the Moon album? I dare you to tell me its not amazing. Wow it's so good. It's been on repeat for so long on my computer haha. And the new The Summer Set album is so good too! :D
Love Like This and On Your Side are just too good (L)

<333

title credit:: Mr. Right by A Rocket to the Moon