Second Time Around

The Meeting

Somewhere in the forests of Canada a motorcycle thundered. On the motorcycle sat a man with a leather jacket, his name was Logan. The green landscape passed fast when he droved by. It was end of the summer and some leafs had started to change colours from green to orange or yellow. It was a warm day but sometimes a cold wind hit Logan. Many people would wonder what he was doing in this desolate landscape. It was a long way from the towns with trees in every direction. Even if Logan was in the middle of nowhere he knew exactly where he was and where he was going. It had been almost a year since he has been in this part of the world. The Canadian forests were hiding a lot of secrets but today he wasn’t going to solve one, Logan was on his way to visit someone.

15 years ago Logan had been living at Xavier’s school for gifted youngsters with his three sons, the twins Jimmy and Billie and their half brother Zach. They all had been through a lot together, injuries, kidnapping and fights but now his sons had grown up and had their own families. To become a father had been the most difficult mission for his sons, but by the looks of it they were doing great. Jimmy, Billie and Zach had all grown up without a father. It wasn’t until they had become teenagers they had met Logan. So they were all doing great considering the circumstances. When they all had lived at the institute Logan had taught his sons to fight and defend themselves, he had even taught their girlfriends some self defence. It’s not easy to be a Howlett; less being married to one. Logan has always had bad luck with women. They always got killed somehow. Both the twins’ mother and Zach’s mother had been killed by a mutant called Sabretooth.

Logan had followed a little forest road into a clearing at a big lake. At the lake were three cottages with about 50 meters between them. The white mountains reached high up in the blue sky. Logan stopped in front of the first cottage and killed the engine. He put down his feet on the ground and then something clicked and gave of a sound that sounded like a spring that was stretched and then locked into place. Logan then jumped of and began to walk around and look. The place where empty and quiet, but even if he didn’t see someone he felt that someone was watching him. Logan sniffed the air. They were close.
“GRANDPA!” the silence broke. A little kid with black and green hair ran up to Logan.
“Hello Jason” Logan smiled and lifted up Jason on his left shoulder. Jason laughed when Logan did this.
“I’m the top of the world.” Jason giggled and waved with his arms.
“You’re a show-off” another kid had showed up, he looked huffy on Jason.
“Hey, J.J. be nice to your cousin.” A man with green hair came out from the closet cottage.
“Yes Uncle Zach” J.J gave Jason a mad look at where he was sitting on Logan’s shoulder.
“Hello dad” Zach said when he walked up to Logan.
“Hello son. How are you?”
“I’m good, sorry about that when Jason just ran up to you. He couldn’t wait; he wanted to be the first one to say hi.”
“It’s okay. Where is everybody?” Logan asked while he lifted Jason back on the ground.
“We are eating breakfast behind Billie’s cottage. You can join us. I think we've got some extra bacon and eggs over there for you.” Zach said and smiled to his father.
“Yeah or perhaps I’ll just have a cup of coffee.”
“Grandpa, mum and Kate made pancakes for us. My mum makes the best pancakes ever.” Jason said and looked at Logan.
“My mum can also make pancakes” J.J said.
“Hey, you two, no fighting, understand. Go back to your mums and finish your breakfast.” Zach looked sombrely at his son and nephew.
“Okay Uncle Zach” J.J said and ran back with Jason behind him.
“Boys” Zach said and smiled to his dad.
♠ ♠ ♠
This story take place 15 years after my story Zach, the son of Wolverine :)