Roseabel

I made a point to burn all of the photographs

I got the window seat, lucky me.

Hey, It’s better than sitting next to Tre. Poor, Billie.

Billie was in the middle and Tre was talking to him none stop ever since we boarded the plane. “Shut up, Tre!” Billie said, and Tre muttered something about Billie needing more sleep. I laughed as Billie slapped Tre over the head. I put on my ear buds in my ears and flipped through the songs on my ipod. I loved 1,039 Smoothed Out Slappy Hours best out of all the Green Day albums, but my favorite song was on Kerplunk. I was so tired. Laying my head back on the seat, I looked out the window as we entered the sky and sang quietly.

I sit alone in my bedroom
Staring at the walls
I've been up all damn night long
My pulse is speeding
My love is yearning

I hold my breath and close my eyes
And dream about her
Cause she's 2000 light years away
She holds my malakite so tight so
Never let go
Cause she's 2000 light years away

I sit outside and watch the sunrise
Look out as far as I can
I can't see her but in the distance
I hear some laughter
We laugh together

Then I hold my breath and close my eyes
And dream about her
Cause she's 2000 light years away

I turned around in my seat trying to get comfortable. Billie caught my eye, “You have a nice voice. I never knew you could sing.” I blushed; I didn’t know he heard me.

“Sorry, it’s a very good song.”

“Yeah, I know. I wrote it.” I smiled. I lay my head on Billie’s shoulder and flicked threw my songs until I saw one that caught my eye. Helena. I started listening to and automatically loved it. I paused in the middle of the chorus.

“Billie, do you like the song Helena?”

“Uhh…yeah, I think so. It’s been a long time since I heard an MCR song. But I guess I’ll be hearing more since we’re touring with them.” I grunted my approval of the answer and continued the song. It was the first My Chemical Romance song I had heard and I knew that I was totally going to love this band. Clicking play all under My Chemical Romance, I scrunched back into my seat, opened my book and began to read.

“La la la la la la la la la,” Tre sang as we we’re leaving the plane.

“SHUT UP TRE,” Jason, Mike, Billie and I said at the same time. I giggled and Jason chucked a bit.

“And I think it's alright. That I do what I like cause that's the way I wanna live. And so I give, and I'm still givin',” I sang because I was listening to J.A.R. Billie heard me, as I knew he would.

I could sing as quietly as I can and he would still hear me.

“Gotta make a plan. Gotta do what's right. Can't run around in circles, if you wanna build a life.” Billie continued the song only louder so all the other guys could hear him. Mike and Jason were confused over Billie’s absurd outburst, but Tre caught on quickly.

“But I don't wanna make a plan, for a day far away,” Tre sang, jumping up and down like a mad man.

“While I'm young and while I'm able,” Mike chanted, catching on eventually.

“All I wanna do is...” Jason got the ending line, and I heard people clapping.

Turning around I saw five guys applauding our singing. One was blonde with a piercing in his lip, an additional guy had a weird blonde-black hairstyle, another had an afro, and an additional guy had long brown hair and glasses. But one caught my eye. He had shoulder-length black hair and was wearing mostly black but you could see a hint of red here and there. He reminded me of Billie, slightly. I guessed I stared at them to long because Tre bent down and started whispering in my ear.

“So what do you give the black haired dude?”

“Excuse me,” I whispered back.

“Isn’t that a chick thing to do, like rate guys,” I laughed at Tre’s reply.

“Billie put you up to this, right?” Billie was way too overprotective for his own good.

“What about four eyes,” Tre whispered back, not answering my question.

“Idiot,” I shook Tre off and turned to Billie, looking to him for explanation.

“That, Roseabel is My Chemical Romance.” We picked up all our luggage, (six duffle bags, four backpacks, four guitars, and one violin) and started walking towards the band. Awkwardly, we stood in lines looking at each other. Finally Billie broke the silence, like I knew he would. “Gerard, How’s going dude?” He and the black haired man exchanged a hug. Tre slapped the blonde/black haired guy on the back too, like old best friends.

“What’s going on, man?" I could already tell why Tre liked the guy.

“Just skittling on, dude.” I laughed along with everyone else as we watched the duo.

“Skittles rock. Frank you got good tastes, man.” So Frank was the wild child of My Chemical Romance. I looked at Billie again for explanation.

“Ohh, sorry. Guys, this is my niece Roseabel and she going to hang out with us down under.” All the My Chemical Romance guys nodded. “Roseabel, this is Bob Bryer. Drummer.” I shook Bob’s hand and he smiled at me. “This is Frank Iero. Guitar.” I tried to shake Frank’s hand, but no he wanted a high five. I giggled. “Mikey Way. Bass.” I shook the brunette bassist’s hand. “Ray Toro. Lead guitar.” Ray had an awesome fro. I loved it. We exchanged greetings and then we came to him. My pulse quickened, palms sweated, and my heart pounded in my chest.

Crap.

“Gerard Way. Vocals and sometimes guitar if I feel like it.” Ray laughed, and I guessed it was an inside joke. He was beautiful, if you could call a man beautiful. His black hair was messy, like he shook it recently, and his hazel eyes stunning. He was wearing a black military jacket over a red Misfits shirt, and black skinny jeans.

Many girls would kill to have his legs.

Realizing that everyone, especially Gerard, was staring at me. So I quickly shook his hand and stepped back into Green Day territory.

“Ready to fly again,” Gerard asked me.

“You bet.”