Roseabel

I remember the face but I can't recall the name

“Yeah, you might wanna check these guys out. They’re pretty rad!” Bob handed me a stack of CD of various artists. Ever since Billie slipped that all I did was listen to instrumental music, Bob was constantly on my case about ‘experiencing music’.

“Awesome thanks!” I sat down on my bunk opened my laptop. Bob gave me about ten CDs and I picked up one and shoved it into the computer. Take This to Your Grave was the first one in and I studied the cases while waiting for Itunes. Some All American Rejects, Avril Lavigne, Paramore, The Used, Yellowcard, Simple Plan, and Flyleaf followed the Fall Out Boy CD. Then Gerard came.

“What’s flying?” He sat down next to me and my heart winced as his hand brushed against mine as he grabbed the Yellowcard CD. “Aww, Yellowcard. They rock, but kinda to soft for me.” He laughed at his own joke, I smiled weakly. “See you kid,” He messed my hair up, just like Billie did every morning, and left.

He thinks of you as a little kid, nothing more nothing less.

I just needed to go, and I needed it now. Having this bad habit of taking a run after Gerard would have a conversation with me, I was in semi-running attire.

You can’t do back-handsprings in them but running in skinny jeans are okay.

And converse could do anything, so I left taking my Ipod with me.

Billie’s Point of View:

Where the hell is she running to?

I watched Roseabel walk into a slow run outside the bus and then finally turn the corner, out of my view.

“Is that Roseabel running again?” Ray had that kind of voice that you knew every time you heard it.

“Yeah, I think she’s trying to get into the Olympics,” I looked down and my notebook with a few scribbled lyrics, and sighed.

Roseabel’s Point of View:

Running could be renamed Novocain, it works the same way. I just needed to get out of my body, to leave all my thoughts behind. I didn’t know what city we were in today and the truth is I didn’t really care. It wasn’t a real big city, but not small. One of those that they have millions of starbucks, but not enough people to have a mass transit system. My ipod was on random and I got a taste of all the new bands that Bob gave me.
In my opinion: Avril Lavigne wasn’t all there, the lead singers in Paramore and Flyleaf could sing, Simple Plan had amazing lyrics, and Fall Out Boy was so scene. Over all Bob had good song choice. The feel of the sun on my white legs and arms was warm, like it wanted me to feel good. The smell of the ocean and sea salt filled my lungs with every breath I sucked in, making my senses awake. But the pain was still there, the whole the Gerard has ripped apart and torn into shreds. I never had a boyfriend, and I never had a crush. Now I know how it feels to like, maybe love, someone, but they couldn’t give a care in the world. I blinked too many times, and water fell from my eyes and softly slid down my face. I needed out… so I just ran harder.

Coffee is amazing. Without Starbucks I would be so out of place. It’s one of those places where it just feels good to be there, with all the smells and scenes to look at, so I sat there letting my frappiciano freeze my hands. I liked being numb; I guess I got into the habit after taking cold baths after track meets. All I wanted now was for my heart to numb over. Sighing I took a drink, and as I looked up I saw Ray coming my way.

What is he doing here? Why?

“What’s up?” He sat down; his huge frappiciano towered over my tiny ‘tall’.

“The sky,” I replied at my apathetic tone, that I’d been speaking in all the time for the last week.

“What happened to the Rose I first met?” My breath was caught in my chest and I stared at Ray as hard as I could. Nobody had even brought it up that I had changed, not even Billy. “Who did it? Did Tre do anything, Frank? Did Billie force you to come? Did Gerard say anything, ‘cause if he did I swear I’ll kick his a-” I cut him off sharply, he had no right to do this, to torture me.

“Shut up,” I sneered it, gave it all the venom I could. Why couldn’t he just realize I wanted to be alone? We looked at each other for as long as forever, or so it felt, before I got up and left. “What the hell am I here for?”

Ray’s Point of View:

She liked Gerard. All I wanted was her, and all she wants is him.