For You To Notice

Where I would impress you.

The blazing summer sun bared down onto my slightly pale exposed skin, and I could already feel the small little sweat droplets gather on my forehead. From a distance I could see Brayden's six foot two stature walking away from the school building. I maneuvered my way through the crowd, trying not to touch anyone's sweaty bodies towards my destination.

"Hey Rhi!" Right before I could catch up to Brayden and Joanne, I turned around and saw one of my 'best friends' jogging towards where I stood. I could feel my patience running thin, as she got closer and closer. Her light strawberry blond hair was swaying back and forth in her high ponytail. I rolled my eyes when I saw what she was wearing. Her tall, slim and slender body was wearing a short skirt and a small belly tube top.

I'm sure if it was legal not to wear anything outside, she'd be the first one to start that trend.

"What's up Erika?" I asked, turning around once she caught up to me. From the small distance away that I stood from Brayden and Joanne, I could see that they were arguing. Joanne's usually pretty face was contorted into anger, and her body language was yelling that she wanted to hurt Brayden.

Erika didn't answer because by that time, we had already reached Brayden and Jo. I put my hand on my slightly opened mouth when I watched Joanne spat and slapped him on the face.

"What was that about Bray?" Erika asked, slightly chuckling to herself.

"I'll tell you what.. Rhiannon next time I say I like a girl, please smack me across the face? You're supposed to look out for me, you should have known that Joanne was a total possessive cow." I rolled my eyes and just gave him the finger as I walked by him.

The heat was bothering me and making me a tad cranky. But as I was walking I could hear Erika and Brayden talking about why Joanne smacked him across the face. "I don't even know how it happened.. One minute we were fine, and the next she went all ballistic on me. She was yelling and accusing me that I was cheating on her, even though we've been together for what? Less than two weeks? She must have read that adorable secret admirer letter I found in one of my favorite ... books."

I smirked slightly when he mentioned his favorite book. It was his newest addition to his favorite magazine that he hid underneath his bed. Playgirl.

"Bye Rhiannon!" Positioning my hand over my head, I waved a slight goodbye to Erika.

"Hey love!" Brayden exclaimed happily putting his arm around my sweaty shoulders. I felt my heart beat faster at his touch, but I simply ignored the annoying feeling.

"What are you happy about? You just broke up with Jo.." I asked slightly confused with his happy manner.

"Well, you know how I've always had a thing for Erika? I think this Summer I'm going to try to make something out of it." He simply said like it was the most obvious answer. I felt my blood boil, and it wasn't because of the sun.

Violently shrugging my shoulders, Brayden's arm slid off of my shoulders and he shot me a hurt look. Standing on my tippy toes, I brought my hand back and collided it with his face. Returning to my normal position I saw Brayden looking down at me confused.

"You told me to smack you next time you announced you liked a girl. And I should tell you before you get your hopes up Brayden. Erika has a certain type, older guys with nice cars and money. You don't fit in that category. Sorry to burst your little fucking bubble buddy." Walking away quickly, I could hear Brayden catching up with a few strong strides.

"I don't care Rhiannon if I don't fit in that category. I'm going to show you that I can win her over. I have that certain charm, buddy." The smirk on his face made me want to curl up in a ball and cry myself to sleep. He wasn't going to figure anything out if he was to busy trying to seduce Erika.

He wasn't going to figure out how much I wanted to be with him. How much I loved him more than a friend.

And how much I hated Erika at the moment.

Unrequited love bites.
♠ ♠ ♠
Feedback?
Hope you liked it.
Leave comments.