For You To Notice

But for now, I'll look so longingly, waiting...

It's been a month since Brayden told me he got accepted to Oxford, and decided that he'd rather go to community college. And since then I haven't talked to him or Erika. I would occasionally see them all cuddly and making out when I would go out with my other friends, but I didn't let any emotion show when I would see them together. That's how you get through the day, pretending everything is okay even when you know it isn't.

I did miss Brayden a lot, I just missed his presence but I wasn't going to cave first. I might love him but I wasn't going to give him the satisfaction of winning this fight between us. He was the one throwing away his future and dreams because of some girl he thought he loved.

I was the right one in this argument though, I shouldn't let his decision affect me like it has been. If he wanted to screw his life up, then so be it, I wasn't going to waste anymore of my time on it.

I needed to pack, especially since I was leaving in a day to get myself acquainted with the campus and the area.

Only one more day when I can finally restart my life, and try to get over Brayden.

The next morning, I woke up excited and also terrified. Today was the day I'd board a plane and start the rest of my life at Oxford. A once in a lifetime chance for me, for anyone really.

But as soon as I realized that thought, I knew I had to have some closure between Brayden and I. He was my best friend after all, and it wasn't his fault that he didn't know how much he meant to me. He had no idea how much I loved him, and that was my mistake.

So instead of actually having to see his beautiful face that I adored, I grabbed my favorite purple pen and grabbed a piece of paper. Placing the pen point to the paper, I tried to tell Brayden my true feelings.


I don’t really know if I’ll ever really get over you. I don’t know if I’ll understand why every part of you meant a lot to me. I won’t understand why I met you or why everything fell apart. But now I know all I can do is move on, in the best way I know how. I’m just going to leave all this behind, untouched and unknown. I’m going to let myself let you go. I’m going to let go of the part of me that was you. I’ll leave behind everything you were, I’ll forget everything you said to me and I’ll forget you.

I know that sometime I’m going to look back on this. And I know that I’ll get over you. It might just take time. I guess I’ll know that you changed me.. I’m going to wake up soon and realize this, I’m not perfect.

But I want you to know that I've always loved you. You'll always have a part of me that no one else will. I just hope in years to come, we can put this behind us and be friends again.

Love always,
Rhiannon.


Smiling slightly, I licked the adhesive on the envelope and wrote his name in cursive on the front. Picking up my keys from my desk and my already packed luggage from my bed, and I walked down the stairs and outside towards my car. After packing my car, I headed out towards the direction of Brayden's house.

Pulling into his driveway I saw that Erika's was in front of me. I groaned and rolled my eyes as I grabbed the letter and walked to his front door. Ringing the doorbell, I waited impatiently for someone to answer, praying it wouldn't be Brayden.

I sighed loudly when Brayden answered the door, but I felt my knees weaken at the sight only a second later. He was only wearing a towel around his waist, and I could see Erika behind him in nothing but a towel as well. I wanted to scream when I saw her arms go around his waist.

"Um, can I help you?" Erika announced sounding somewhat annoyed and bitchy, while Brayden just stood there looking at me shocked. It seemed like he didn't know what to do but just stand there and stare. I felt my face flush and the lump in my throat grow.

"I just wanted to say goodbye before I left." I said handing over the letter to Brayden. I felt a small tingle rush up into my arm when his hand brushed up against mine.

"Where are you going?" Brayden asked while he just looked at the envelope, his eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"It doesn't matter Brayden. I hope you have a nice life with Erika." I turned around quickly before the tears that were threatening to fall were apparent to them.

I could feel Brayden's gaze on me as I walked away, but I didn't look back when I pulled away from the only person I ever truly loved.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this took so long to get out!
And sorry if it kind of sucks.

There's only one more after this :)

Feedback is greatly appreciated :))