Status: Due to lack of interest, this story is being discontinued.

Reacquainted With a Cheater

Chapter 7

“I’m really sorry. I don’t want you to feel you have to be there for me I can cope by myself. But thanks for the offer. It’s great to know I have some old friend that will be there for me.” Hannah told Brian.

“I’m serious. I will help out with the kids. I’m not the stoner jackass I used to be seven years ago. You need a friend; I’ll be there. You need a babysitter; I’ll be there. You need money, I’ll give you it.” He said driving up to her house. “I’m not going to leave you alone in this, I promise I’ll never leave you.”

“That’s what you said seven years ago. Now look at us. I have a baby and another one on the way from my husband who was put in the ground three months ago.” She muttered, not even thinking of what she said.

“I know that’s what I said. But I was a kid, I fucking stupid one for letting you go. I’m older and wiser now. I know better. I will be there for you this time. I swear on my life.”

“I’m not who you think I am Brian. I know people you would hate me to see with. I may look and sound the same but I changed after, you know.” They glanced at each other. “Then after Dante was killed I changed ever more.”

“I don’t care how you’ve changed I will be there. I’m just a phone call away.” He reached over for her hand to give it a gentle squeeze. “This it here?”

“Yeah thanks.” She stepped out of the car, and then opened the back to take Adriana out.

“Here I’ll walk you two up.” He offered. They walked up to the door and stood there. Hannah dug her keys out to open the door and took Adriana. “Is the hero not even allowed to see the house?” he stepped in after her.

“Brian I don’t think this is such a good idea. I can’t have you seen here. They won’t like it much.” She whispered the last part so he wouldn’t hear.

“Can I at least use your toilet? I’m dieing for a piss.” She told him were to go. When the door shut two men opened the front and walked into the kitchen, where Adriana and Hannah were.

“What are you two doing here? I told you to ring before you came over.” She said looking at them.

“Han, we are here to see him. Where is he?” the taller one spoke in a deep Italian accent.

“Why do you need to see him? He’s an old friend for before I knew Dante. Can’t you just leave it be? He has never done anything to you, Leo.” She told him roughly.

“We just don’t want to see you get hurt. By him or anyone else in this world.” The other told her honestly.

“Well you should have thought about that before you shot Dante.” She shot at Leo. She was on the verge or tears. “Can’t you just leave me alone tonight?”

“How many times do I have to say sorry, huh? He looks so like Mike, and it was kinda dark. And him, you want me to leave you with him? For all you know he could be in the US one.” Leo said.

“No he’s not just fuck off for one night will you?”

“Why were you at the hospital today?” the other asked.

“Mind your own business. You’ll find out off thing anyway.” She wasn’t going to tell them. They could find out there own way, they always did. “Please just leave go tell him that I told you and I don’t care for excuses just go.”

Both men were about to leave when Brian walked into the room. “Oh hi. I didn’t know you had visitors, I’ll just get going.”

“They were just leaving you stay here with Adri.” She told him sternly.

Two guys who look like they are from Italian region of New Jersey. This can not be good.