Your Loving Daughter, Lily

Prologue

Prologue
"Mummy, when is daddy coming home? He promised me that he would be back by four so he could take me to the park!" The little girl asked her mother. "Love, your father will be here in-" "I'm home." The mother was cut off by the tall handsome man with green eyes and glasses. The mother smiled when she saw her husband. "Daddy, you’re here! Yay!" The little girl runs to her father with open arms. The man hugs his daughter tight. "How is my little Princess?"
Harry asks with nothing but love and adoration in his eyes for his little one and a half year old. "Just wonderful daddy" little Kristina Anne replied to her father. Harry then let’s go of Kristina and turns to his loving and faithful wife, Nina. Nina goes up to her husband and hugs him and kisses him passionately.

"How was work?" She inquired lovingly. "It was great." Harry answered back. He then felt a little poke on his leg, and then he looks down to see Lily looking up with her big gorgeous green eyes in curiosity. "Daddy, when will we go to the park?" She asked ever so sweetly. Her parents couldn't help but smile down at her. "Sweetie, why don't you let daddy rest for a little while? He will take you to the park later." Nina said lovingly.

Lily looked a little crestfallen, and so she started for her room. Harry noticed Lily's expression and so he added "we'll go in a half hour, okay?" Lily considered it for a moment before answering. Then she smiled and nods her head in agreement. "Good girl" Harry says to her patting her lightly on her head.
-End Memory-

Nine year old, Kristina wakes up with a start from her slumber. Her dream comes rushing back to her without her trying to remember. Kristina feels her tears welling up in her eyes, and a lump forming in her throat. 'No Kristina, you will not cry!' She wipes her eyes and gets ready for the day.
She feels a twinge of pain in her head, but shakes it off, knowing that it would be no use.

Kristina grabbed the potion from her bedside and drank it in one gulp. She looks at the vanity mirror, and sees her face under a change. She no longer had bones jutting out in her face or even haunting emerald green eyes, she was now a round faced, and her eyes shone a little. She was the picture of health.

Kristina looked at the mirror, and she closed her eyes, as she thought over and over in her mind: This isn’t me, this isn’t the real me. “The mirror lies and shows only what I let it show me. It doesn’t show my pain, suffering, craving, nor does it show me what I truly wanted. It shows what I want. It shows me what I made up a few years ago: a façade. Mostly the mask that I am forced to live with.” With that Kristina opened her eyes and tore her gaze from the offending piece.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please read and rate! I hope you like the story so far!