I've taken hits time just don't erase

Coffee.

I dropped my scalding hot coffee all over my lap as the buzzer on my small income buzzed again; telling me my boss needed something. Again. I pushed a button on it letting me talk to him.

“Yess?”I asked almost breathlessly seeing as I had just sat down moments before from his previous task.

“Don’t get smart with me kid; I got a job for you, a big one. Get down here pronto.”He told me in a hurried voice that sounded like he was taking puffs on his cigarette in between words.

“If you’re going to tell me to clean the bathrooms I swear to God I’m going home.”I said quietly but he had already hung up.

I closed my bright Amber eyes and took a deep breath before I pushed open the door to my boss’ office and sat down in front of his desk. He tapped his hand on the desk, apparently finishing his cigarette as he dug around inside of his desk for something, finally withdrawing a Spin magazine with a picture of four brown haired boys on the cover in designer clothes, all looking between a cross of pouty, and stoned.

“You see these guys?”He slapped a hand on the magazine, finishing his cancer stick and dropping it in the already half full ash tray. I nodded, raising an eyebrow
.
“You know who they are?”He asked me loudly. I nodded and sighed. “Of course I do Mr. Bee. I’m twenty years old and I grew up in the “emo” era. I know all about bands like them.”I replied, disappointed that he had called me down here just to question me about a band that once warmed my heart.

“Good good, because I tried to pick out someone you had remote interest in.”He said more to himself than me. This caught my attention.

“What are you getting at Dan?”I questioned him placing my hands on his desk. We were friends as far as boss and employee went. I started working here when I left home at eighteen, not being able to bear the idea of going to college. And he took me under his wing as a journalist for our small town music magazine company of Nebraska.

Ever since then I’ve been doing one of the things I dreamt about as a child, writing and being neck and neck with musicians. Being a musician was just one thing I never got around to completing. I was an accomplished guitarist, singer, drummer, and violinist. I just never got the chance to make it.

But here I was, and I wasn’t complaining.

“I want you to go on tour with this band for five months. And get as much information as possible. I don’t care what you have to do, just poke around. Get friendly, gain their trust. And while you’re there, send weekly updates for the magazine, we can’t continue without our top real life journalist here can we?”He told me smiling his greedy fat man smile.

“So B, you up for this kind of Re-con?”He asked me, already knowing the answer. I slapped the desk and stood up grinning.
“Hell yeah."
♠ ♠ ♠
Uber short i know, sorry.
but woah two subscirbers for P.O love shild? thanks bitches :D
im posting two to this later tonight