I've taken hits time just don't erase

Don't make this easy

My damp hair stuck to my forehead and a few wet spots showed up on my shirt as I had just jumped out of a cold shower to find everyone already asleep and in their bunks.

Well, almost everyone.

A small lamp was on and a tall skinny, brunette girl was sitting at the corner of our pull out couch scribbling into a small notebook furiously, with a curious expression on her face.

"Why're you up?"I asked. She gasped and snapped the notebook shut immediately.

I laughed and sat on the opposite end of the sofa.

"Writing nasty things about us for your magazine? I understand." I said smiling as she gave me a sympathetic glance while stashing the notebook inside her bag.

"Its my job Ry. Its all I have." She said quietly. I shrugged.

"Join the club."

"Yeah but at least people know your name, and want you, and make you feel like you re needed." She said. "I'm just words. No face, no opinion. Just what I'm supposed to be."

I couldn't help but feel sorry for her. This was all I had ever known. We never had to struggle to make it, as some bands had.

"Maybe, someday we can get you something out here, with us. Something permanent."I said lightly, looking up to her face which was highlighted by the lamp behind her.

She smiled. "Id like that." And flicked off the lamp so the only light we had was passing street lights and the moon, streaming into the open windows.

"So, lets talk?"I questioned her.

"Sure, lets." She answered, her eyes wide and inquisitive.

"Why is your job all you have?"

She laughed knowingly.

"I ran away from home when I was eighteen. Left everything. I'm all I have now." She answered calmly, as if speaking of the weather.

"Why is yours?" She asked me the same question.

"My parents are dead. Didn't have any siblings." I stated, scooting a little closer to her so i could lower my voice and have her hear me.

"Don't apologize, please." I held up a hand before she could speak.

She remained quiet.

My mind jumped to another subject, from the other day.

"Are you really a virgin?" I asked quietly.

I'm sure if it were light out i would've seen her blush.

"Ah. Yeah, I am." She replied, looking away from me.

"What, are you ashamed?" I asked, trying to look at her face.

She shrugged.

"Not really, just unusual i guess. Almost 21 and still a virgin." She said."I'm a loser, what can you do?"

She appeared to have just noticed how close we had gotten.

I grabbed her hand lightly. "You're not a loser, if anything you should be proud that you're not loose like every other girl i meet on tour."

She chuckled. "Yeah, I guess you're right. Little Virgin Mary, without the baby."

"You know," I prompted, still holding her tiny hands. "I'm really glad I met you."

She smiled.

"So am I Ryan."

She pulled her hand from mine and stood up abruptly. My palm felt cold.

"I think I'm going to sleep now, its late and we have work tomorrow." She made her way back to the bunk area.

"Oh, wait."I called quietly. She turned around halfway into her bunk.

"Can we share again?" I asked hopefully. She smiled and nodded before hopping into my bunk.

I climbed in after her and let her cuddle up against me, enjoying the warmness of body and the heat of her breath on my neck.

"Goodnight doll face."

"Night Ryan."
♠ ♠ ♠
lalala.
comment