Is It a Good Idea to Microwave My Heart?

Chapter One.

"That's it for Is It A Good Idea To Microwave This? I'm your host, Jory Caron," I said, towards Jonathan's camera. He then yelled a piercing 'cut' and I started laughing at the events.

"Gosh, could you guys pick any better day to explode stuff outside?" Marie said, walking into the room, wrapped in blankets.

"I'm sorry, Marie, we didn't mean to catch stuff on fire," Riley said, hugging her. They were cousins, and she was Jonathan's roommate. Ironic? I think so, but oh well. I sorta liked her.

"Yeah, I'm sorry. Would a huge Jory hug help?" I asked, opening my arms. she smiled and walked over and I hugged her.

"Okay you two love birds, no physical contact in my presence," Jon said, smiling at me, knowing I liked her.

"Jon, you don't have to worry about a make out session in the middle of a living room where my cousin is. I mean, come on," She said, sitting down in a chair. I looked down at her, because of her small size.

"I was gonna sit there," I said, smiling. She stood up and I sat down. She then sat down on my lap, because of lack of seats.

"What did you microwave today, Microwave Master?" She asked me, while Jon and Riley edited the film.

"Ummm...Etch-a-Sketch," I responded, not knowing where to put my hands.

"Just set them down, Ricky Bobby," she said, obviously making fun of me by compairing me to Ricky Bobby from Talledega Nights. We watch that movie alot together.

No we are not together, I like her, but I don't know how she feels about me.

"Okay," I said, smiling,"You're making me cold, share?"

She unravelled the millions of blankets and spreading them over both of us.

"Johnny, close the door. Your dad's going to kill you when he sees the heat bill," She said, laughing. She set her head on my chest,"Your hearts beating fast, are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine," I responded. She nodded, then put her head back on my chest.

"Jon, I didn't like the part where I shook Jory's stairs away, cut that out," Riley said, popping popcorn in the good microwave.

"Yeah, me either," I said, laughing.

"Okay, so that's 3 out of 4. Marie?"

"I wasn't there," She said, laughing,"but the poor thing," she said, gently putting her hand on my face. I laughed.

"So that's a no?" Jon asked.

"Yeah, my cousin is so rude," She said. Now she was twirling her hair around her finger. It was starting to get freezing in the room.

"Dang, Jon, did you close and lock the doors?" I asked, looking out the window. It was snowing,"By the way, I've got to stay tonight."

"The snow?"

"Yeah, you know how crappy old parent's cars are. You run em in the winter while it's snowing or when it's raining, lord knows how much the tires slide," I said, drumming my fingers on the arm rests.

Riley brought in a bowl of popcorn, tossing one in the air. He missed it with his mouth and Marie caught it in hers.

"You just got owned," she said, up to him, of course.

She is 5'3. She's beautiful. She's random. She's my best friend.

"So what do you guys want to microwave next week?" I asked, stifling a laugh from Riley throughing popcorn across the room to Marie, her catching most of it. One hit her in the eye.

"Ow! That stings!" She said, laughing and trying to get the salt out of her eyes.

"Look at me real quick," I said, turning her face towards mine. I checked it for any redness,"All good," I said, turning my attention back to the group of boys.

"Ummm, what about the digital camera," Marie suggested.

"I agree," I said, the wheels in my head just churning.

"Yeah, me too," Riley said.

"Why don't we mix it up a bit?" Marie thought, a smile on her face.

"How?" I asked, puzzled.

"You know how Johnny always complains about not being part of the group?" Marie suggested.

"Yeah..."

"Why don't you step over for an episode and let him steal the limelight?" She said, looking up at me with those gorgous blue/green/gray eyes.

"I don't see why not, because I'm starting to get freaked by the girls saying that I'm 'yummy'," I said, she laughed and I smiled.

"Why do you say that?" she asked.

"Because I'm into a girl about my age who doesn't tell me I'm 'yummy'," I said, hoping not to give it away that I liked her.

I hadn't thought about it, but we'd been friends for two years now.

"Oh," she said, looking disappointed. Crap.

"It's...not someone you should feel intimidated by," I said, pushing it.

"Ah," she said, her head still on my chest, but she turned it to watch our friends.

I hope I didn't lose her.
♠ ♠ ♠
I love Jory Caron :)
More tomorrow.