Is It a Good Idea to Microwave My Heart?

Chapter Ten.

I woke up and found my outfit for the diner, a white polo and black skinny jeans. I left a note for Jory and Jonny, saying I didn't have today off. I slipped on my supras and grabbed my keys. I drove to the diner.

It was set up like an old diner. The checkerboard floor, the red booths, the jukebox, everything. I walked in through the door, my friend Keelie running around getting ready to open.

"Hey Keelie," I said, grabbing the apron thing that most waitresses wear and tied it, making sure I had a pen and the notebook in my apron. Keelie opened and we started to serve. Before I knew it, it was about lunch time. I saw my love walk through the door, waiting for me to seat him.

"Hey!" He said, hugging me and kissing me. I sat him on a seat at the bar and I walked around and sat on a chair on the other side of him. I put his order in and we sat and talked, the only interruptions being the other customers and me getting his food. We sat and talked for 45 minutes while he ate. His boss gave him an hour and a half for lunch. After he ate we had 15 minutes of just talking. He had to leave, so I went around and gave him a hug. He kissed the top of my head, and left, waving before he left.

I noticed two elderly women waiting to be seated, I jogged to the front.

"Sorry," I said seating them. I ran back to get some menus and water. I gave them to the ladies. I walked away and talked to Keelie waiting a couple minutes. I walked back, got their order, then they called me back over.

"Yes? Is there something I can get you?"

"No ma'am, was that your boyfriend here just now?"

"The tall, short haired boy," the other said.

"Yes," I said, smiling at the thought of Jory.

"What was his name?"

"Jory," I said, grabbing their orders.

"He seemed like a sweet handsome boy."

"Yes, he is," I said, smiling.

"I thought I had seen him around before. Treat him good. He seems to really like you," one said.

"Don't worry ma'am. Is that all?"

"Yes, thank you...uhh..." one said reading the small nametag,"Marie."

"Your welcome ma'am." I said, walking back to the kitchen. I grabbed my LG Lotus out of my bag and texted Jory. I had bought him a phone after hearing him complain about how he didn't get to text me. Funny things. Haha.

999999

The last customers that came in 15 minutes before I closed the diner were two elderly men. I seated them, as Jory walked through the doors. He sat down at a bar seat and waited. I took the men water and took their order. The cook made their order and severd them. They left and I cleaned up, the whole time making small talk with Jory about his day. His job was within walking distance of everything, so he walked to and fro. I locked up and waved goodbye to the cook. He drove me home in my Volkswagen bug.

Jonny was home and sprawled out on the couch. Jory and I both laid down on the couch too. Riley then walked through the door.

"Why so tired?"

"We had to work." Jonny said.

"Taking pictures has never really sucked this much." Jory said.

"Stupid old people and diners." I complained.

"Oh...well tah-tah." Riley said.

We all groaned monotone. I military crawled, literally, to my room and changed. After I did, Jory changed. We both curled up on the couch as Jonny changed. His girlfriend came and she curled up beside Jonny. We all groaned.

No matter how much the world gave us to complain about, I was in complete bliss with where I was now.