Is It a Good Idea to Microwave My Heart?

Chapter Eleven.

Jory and I woke up the next day to Keelie calling me. She invited us to help with a prom for the local high school by being chaperones. You know, making sure no one breaks any rules and stuff. I asked Jory if it was cool with him and he agreed, so I went shopping with Jonny's sister, Ashley, while the boys worked on the show. I got Jory's size because I needed to rent a tux to follow rules for chaperones. I kissed him on the cheek then bopped out, trying not to make noise with the tin foil "shield".

"Off we go to the mall!" I said, hopping in my car. She got in on the other side and I drove to the mall. She wasn't going, but wanted to come along and help me get the dress and suit.

First we walked to Top Shop to see what they had. It was a graffiti style dress with fishnets underneath. We picked up Jory's tux. We took it home and Jory went to his apartment to get ready. He drove my bug so he could come pick me up.

I went and took a shower, did my hair and make up, then put the outfit on. Sooner or later, the doorbell rang. I smiled and Jonny called for me to come in. Jory was dressed in a simple black suit, with a blue tie. He had a box in his hand. I walked into the main room, Jory's jaw dropping. He smiled, but looked over to see Riley in the corner, so he held in any comments. I walked over and Jory took the corsage and put it on my wrist, then handing me the boutonniere and pin. I looked at him skeptically.

"Yes, I trust you that much," He said smiling.

My hands were shaking, and his smile wasn't making it any better. He placed his hands on mine for them to stop shaking, and I pinned it on him, Jory faking that I pricked him, and I freaked out. It took a while to calm me down after that. He then took something off his finger that I never noticed on there before. He grabbed my left hand and slid it on my ring finger, where a wedding band would be. It was his high school class ring. I couldn't believe how cliche' and cute that was. All I could do was smile. He smiled back and held out his hand. I grabbed his hand and we both headed off to prom...I couldn't believe we were treating it like another prom. I laughed to myself in my head. Jory got in the drivers side, after helping me in the passengers seat. He started the car and left.

"You look beautiful," He said, finding the school.

"Thank you, you look very handsome," I smiled. He stopped the car and I fixed his tie.

"I tried," He said, looking at me re doing it.

"Yes, I'll teach you how later," I said, giggling at his face.

"That's what I did wrong," he said, looking at it questionably. I smiled and he escorted me into the already filling school GYM. Keelie ran over.

"Thank you two so much, we had volunteers quit expectantly, you're such lifesavers," She said, hugging both of us. Jory and I went to our different stations, him at one end of the GYM, me at the other. He came over after a while, assured he was on a break, and stood in front of me.

"Wanna dance, love?" He asked holding out his hand towards me during a slow song. It was 'You and Me' by Lifehouse. I nodded, smiling, and grabbed his hand. We walked together onto the dance floor, and he placed his hands softly on my hips, as I wrapped mine around his neck. We swayed back and forth. He looked down at me, then pressed his lips to mine, softly. He rested his forehead against mine afterwords, and we continued dancing.

----

The night continued, Jory and I dancing a little, only having a couple couples try to sneak off to closets, bathrooms, and other rooms added on, including the hotel conveniently across the road. They placed people at the doors, just to make sure. Jory was placed at the guy's bathroom door, and I at the girl's. He smiled as I walked over.

"You're stationed here?" He asked, as I walked over, standing next to him.

"Yup. It's boring here. Never realized how much the adults gave up for us to have a small little prom," I said, looking around the familiar walls of my old high school. Our school never really had enough people to move the prom to the hotel across the street, no matter how many came, so they always had it at the school. Girls giggled as they walked by, into the girl's bathroom with clutches. They touched up their makeup and sprayed strong nasty perfume on themselves, then walked away. I waited until they left, then I started caughing. Jory smiled down at me as I exaggerated how bad they smelled.

"I would've rathered them smell like B-O." I said, complaining about how the entire area smelled like that nasty fragrance.

"I agree. Girls don't need to bathe in Victoria's Secret's whole stock of perfume." Jory said, wrapping an arm around my waist. Guys walked into the bathroom on his left, as girls tried to follow, but Jory put his arm out to stop them.

"You need to go to the correct bathroom if you go to a bathroom at all," Jory said, strictly. The girls sighed, then went into the correct bathroom. He removed his arm and sighed.

"What?" I asked.

"Stupid bimbos." He said under his breath. I started laughing. He pinched my side and I laughed uncontrollably. I fell to the ground and as he was helping me up the bimbos Jory refused to let into the boys bathroom pointed at him.

"He's the one," She said, pointing him out to an older woman, standing beside her. I sat up, confused, as did Jory.

"Will you two come with me?" The older woman asked.

"We're stationed here, we're volunteers," I said, holding up my lanyard.

"We can get someone else to stay here." She said, as Jory and I followed her to a classroom at the end of the hall. I remembered it as my Senior science classroom.

The woman motioned for us to take a seat, and we did. I sat in a seat in the front row, and Jory took the one beside me.

"What seems to be the problem?" Jory asked, somehow calmly.

"The girl told me that you wouldn't let them into the bathrooms and threatned to rape her...is this true?" My jaw dropped as did Jory's.

"I refused to let her into the boy's bathroom, and I didn't threaten to rape her! Why would I when my girlfriend is right beside me, and last time I checked, raping was kind of against the law." Jory said, obviously pissed, as was I.

"It doesn't matter what you say...young lady, is this true?"

"It isn't, the young girl tried to get into the boy's bathroom and he refused to let them in that one, and told them that if they went in any bathroom it would be the girl's bathroom, then they left and then you asked us to come with you." I said, truthfully.

"I'll believe you two," The woman said, sighing,"That girl is so scattered."

"Or insane," Jory muttered under his breath.

"So you two are dating?" The woman asked. I nodded my head as did Jory. She took a pause.

"Jory Caron and Marie Saunders...can't say I didn't see it coming...you two were so close all during high school," The woman said.

"Excuse me?" I asked, wondering how I knew her.

"I was your Language teacher...you two trouble makers. And now Riley has me..." She shook her head,"you two are related." She said smiling. Jory chuckled.

"Mrs. Fletcher!" I said, getting up and hugging her.

"You haven't grown at all Marie, still that petite little girl...and Jory, you've grown like a weed...not to mention you look just like your father."

"I get that a lot," Jory said laughing. He wrapped an arm around my waist as we caught up, then walked back to see the prom was over. We helped clean, then Jory drove me home, sneaking kisses all the while.