Is It a Good Idea to Microwave My Heart?

Chapter Twelve

-FF-

I sighed as I walked into my parent's house. Jory and I hit a snag 2 months ago, leaving me unable to stay with Jonny. I couldn't be around him. I was fully aware that Jonny's sister was getting married. As I twirled the envelope in my hand, sitting at the kitchen table, I figured that I should go, no matter what the problem with me and Jory was. It was only right because she was my friend. So I went to get a dress. I found a blue dress, it was short and kinda gathered, and black kitten heels. I went home and I did a blue and black smokey eye and put on a necklace that was shaped as a bow. I put earrings in. Then I put my hair up in a bun with loose curls on each side of my face. After words, I climbed in my car and drove to the wedding.

Jory's POV

I was dressed in a white button up and black slacks, uncomfortable as all get out. I couldn't help but wonder if Marie was coming. I couldn't help it. I sighed as Jonny and I were moving chairs around. Jonny's father was walking around, waiting for it to start. Soon people started showing up, and Jonny and I began to escort people to seats. I saw Jonny take a girl to a seat, the only thing I saw was her back. I began to escort more people to their seats, and soon enough, the wedding began, and I sat on the side with Jonny. After the wedding was the reception. A slow song came on, and I looked around for a girl to dance with. I couldn't believe my eyes. Marie was walking on the side.

Marie's POV

I looked over and saw Jory staring at me, I wasn't going to walk over to him, so I just walked forward a bit, and hugged Mrs. Paula as she teared up. I comforted her, then had no more excuses to dismiss myself. Jory started to walk over to me, but some blonde bimbo got in the way of that. She tried to get him to dance with her.

"Uhh, no thanks, I've got to go talk to someone," He said, totally blowing her off. He walked over to me, not looking back at the blond.

We stood there for a while, then he held his hand out. I thought about it, then grabbed his hand and we started dancing.

"You came," He said, arms around my waist. I placed my arms around his neck.

"I couldn't miss my friend's wedding," I said, point-blank.

"True," He said. It was an awkward silence.

He waited a while before stating what was on his mind.

"Will you move back with me?" He asked, a sad look in his eyes.

"Why?" I asked, curious.

"I miss you," He said, trying not to cry,"I to be with you again, Marie...I love you."

"Jory, I don't know..."

"About what?" He said, eyes watering,"I'll go ahead and say it Marie, fuck it, I'll do anything to get you back. I love you." He said, a tear sliding down his face. I wiped it away.

"I love you too, Jory," I said, my eyes watering. I thanked the lord for water/tear proof make up. Jory placed his lips to mine, then as he pulled away, rested his forehead on mine.

"I'm sorry I screwed up," He said, wiping my tears away. I smiled and kissed him lightly.

"Apology accepted." I said, smiling.

"We'll move your stuff tomorrow." He said, smiling back. This night was slowly turning into the best night of my life, in what seemed like a heartbeat. My heart fluttered. Jory had changed in 2 months. He had gotten taller, and also had cut his hair a little bit shorter.

Soon the wedding was over, and we both stayed to help clean up. I was doing dishes until Ashley came over and stopped me.

"Go home with Jory and change," She said pointing towards my dress.

"No," I said, then looking at her oh so serious face,"let me finish the dishes first?"

"Fine," She said, walking away as Jory walked over. He started to help wash them. We washed the dishes in silence, but not bad silence, calming silence. We walked to our cars, he hugged me goodbye, and I drove to my parent's to grab some clothes. I packed an overnight bag and stuffed it into my car.

"Honey, where are you going?" My mom asked me.

"At the wedding I saw Jory...and we worked everything out," I said, smiling at the thought of his name. My mother smiled.

"You and Jory should come for dinner tomorrow," She said, hugging me,"I always thought that he was the most perfect boy for you." I smiled.

"I thought so too, I'll see. I'm moving back with Jonny," I said, her face becoming brighter.

"I'll see you tomorrow," She said hugging me. I heard something hit the floorboard behind me, and my mother quickly getting into the house. I looked in the floorboards. A condom was thrown in the floor. I shook my head, laughing. I threw it into the night bag, planning on telling Jory about it, then started the drive back home.

My actual home.