Is It a Good Idea to Microwave My Heart?

Chapter Thirteen.

I knocked three times on the big door in front of my home. My home. My real home. Jory opened the door, smiling. I smiled up at him, then I realized that Jonny was lounging in the living room, fast asleep. I smiled, Jory grabbing my hand and pulling me to the room I occupy.

I set one of the bags on the floor, along with my tote. I went to change in the bathroom, then came out to Jory sitting on the floor holding up the condom my mom threw in my car.

"Do I want to know how this ended up in your bag?"

"Parents will be the death of everyone," I said, not really explaining.

"Your mom threw it in your car when you said you were coming back, didn't she?"

"Yup."

"Don't worry, my dad did the same," pulling his nightbag over and picking a box up in the outside compartment. We both started laughing.

"Your dad is hilarious." I said, sitting on the floor beside Jory. He shoved the box in his bag and we just sat and talked for a while.

"You are so much like your dad it isn't funny," I said, leaning against the bed. He did the same.

"I envy your relationship with your dad, because my dad never really had anything to do with me," I said, shrugging.

"Is that why you and Riley are so close?" Jory asked.

"Yeah, because I saw so much father potiential in him. Like he reminded me of someone I had never really understood, which is crazy and some would say mentally impossible."

"But anything's possible when you're around, I thought we covered this." Jory said laughing.

"I guess so...how's Josh feeling about losing his roommate?"

"Eh, he can get over it," Jory said laughing,"I don't think he minds, cause it's not like I still don't go there and pay my share of rent."

I chuckled. I then yawned and closed my eyes. Jory did the same, then Jory's dad crashing into my room. We both opened our eyes, startled. His dad smiled.

"Dad!" Jory complained, throwing a pillow at him.

"Jory!" His father mocked. I smiled.

"Marie!" I said, upset I wasn't in the loop. Jory and his dad chuckled. His father left and Jory smiled.

"He likes you, Marie," Jory said,"Not in the kissy kissy, but in other words, he respects you for dating me. He's never acted that way around any of my exs."

I just sat there in awe, until Jonny woke up and came in saying the most amazing thing in the world.

"A Hard Day's Night is on VH1." He said, then walking out of the room. I smiled a goofy grin.

"Isn't that that Beatles movie?" Jory asked, confused.

"Hell yes it is." I said, smiling. I ran to the tv I had in my room and turned it on, changing it to VH1, then sitting down where I was before.

"I've never seen it," He said, questioning my goofy grin. My jaw instantly dropped.