Is It a Good Idea to Microwave My Heart?

Chapter Fifteen.

"What'd you two lovebirds do while I was gone?" Bryce asked.

"Nothing...why would you think we did anything?" Jory said, a questioned look on his face.

"I thought..."

"I like having my arm around my girlfriend, yes," Jory said, laughing at his brother.

"Oh, excuse me for not knowing how great it is to have an arm around Marie."

"It's pretty damn great," Jory said, smiling as his mother walked in.

"Mom!" Bryce said, laughing.

"It's time for the cookout," She said, smiling at us.

-3 hours later-

It had started to get dark, and I started yawning more and more frequently. Everybody was leaving, so we decided that we'd follow suit soon.

"Marie, Jory...you two need to come over when we get the pool open. It should be open by tomorrow...Arthur put the chemicals in it today."

"Awesome, we'll ride over tomorrow. Arty-choke is so nice for thinking of the pool before his beloved driving range," I said, smiling at Jory's dad.

"Yeah, I thought that I'd get back into golfing...swimmings more fun," He said, smiling and ruffling my hair.

"You guys better get home, I don't want you falling asleep on the way back," She said, smiling. Jory and I stood up and hugged each of them goodbye. I hugged Bryce on my way out and Jory and I got into my car. We began the drive home.

"I like you," Jory said smiling.

"What? You don't love me?" I said, smiling back.

"No, love means nothing nowadays. At least to humans," Jory said, smiling and kissing my cheek.

"Are you implying that we're aliens?" I said smiling, coming to a stop at a red light.

"Partly," He said, chuckling,"I really do love you, but since "love" gets thrown around more than "like", I feel like I'm really telling you how special you are to me. Everyone says love."

"Aw, Jory." I said, kissing him. I pulled into our drive way, then walked up with his arm around my neck, and my arm around his waist. When we got back to my room, we both changed and got ready for bed. I laid down on my bed beside Jory and smiled. I curled into his chest.

"I really like you with a burning passion," Jory said, smiling and kissing my forehead.

"I extremely like you with a burning passion," I said, one-upping him. He smiled and we both drifted off to sleep.