Is It a Good Idea to Microwave My Heart?

Chapter Five.

"We're home!" I heard Jon yell from the front area.

"Jory's here!" I yelled, causing Marie to laugh.

"What are we doing tomorrow?" Riley asked.

"As in experiment?" I asked.

"Yeah."

"What about the disco ball?" I suggested.

"Sounds good, what about the day after?"

"Digital pet," Marie spoke up.

"That'd be cool." Riley said.

"Marie, wanna see what we're doing after digital pet?" I asked her.

"Yeah!" She said. I stood up and walked to the table, she followed.

"This," I said, holding the nuclear bottles in my hand.

"Holy shit! That's nuclear! Who sent that in?" She said.

"Some dude, I don't remember."

"Wait, that's thermite..."

"Yeah."

"Should I be nervous that right after I got you I lose you?"

"I'll make Riley go in first," I promised. She laughed.

"Guys, our parents want to have dinner with us, they said something about the Mythbusters people there," Riley said.

"That means we've got to look decent," Jon said.

"Okay, let's go ahead and get ready then," I said laughing.

Marie walked back to her room, I drove home to get ready.

I called Jon and Marie's house.

"Hello." Jon answered.

"Hey, can you tell Marie I'm picking her up in 45 minutes?"

"Yeah, no prob, Jory."

"Thanks."

"Mhmm."

Then I left to get ready.

-Marie's POV-

I was in my robe after taking a shower and trying to find a dress to wear when Riley came and interrupted me. He was in dark jeans and a black polo.

"Jory'll be here in 45 minutes."

"Okay, thanks Riles." I said, getting back to finding the perfect dress that not only would impress, but would leave Jory speechless.

I put on a short red flouncy dress with red bow on the front and some black flats.

I quickly put make-up on and heard the doorbell ring. I rushed and grabbed my clutch with my cell phone in it and my house keys. I opened the door to Jory.

He held out his arm, being the nerd he is, and I hooked my elbow with his. He leaned his head down to my ear.

"You look beautiful," he said, his lips brushing against my ear.

"You look handsome, but you forgot a button," I said. I reached for the button he forgot and buttoned it.

"Thank you," he said kissing the top of my head. We began to walk to the car.

----

We met the Mythbuster-ers(?). Jory, Jon, and Riley discussed their show with them, along with their upcoming shows. Afterwards, Jory told Jon he'd drive me home, and we went for a walk in the park.

Jory grabbed my hand while we were walking. He smiled down at me and I smiled back up at him. I was dark, but the streetlights provided enough light. He noticed I began to get chill bumps on my arms, as he stopped and took his hoodie off and placed it over my shoulders.

"What the fuck is up with our bipolar weather?" Jory said, causing me to laugh,"It's not funny, 60 degrees one minute 20 degrees the next."

He sat down on a bench, and I followed suit. He put his hand to where it was hovering above the bare skin of my knee.

"You can set your hand down you know," I said laughing.

"I know," he said turning his head to face mine, when I turned my he kept searching my eyes. He quickly pressed his lips to mine.

After a while, Jory suggested we go home. I nodded, and we walked to his car. He drove me home, kissed me goodnight, then he drove home. I walked in, changed, and went to sleep, still with his hoodie.