Is It a Good Idea to Microwave My Heart?

Chapter Eight.

Jory and I got out of the bug at Jonny's parent's house. Jonny had already gotten there. I walked up to the door and shoved my keys in my pocket as Jory knocked.

Jonny's mom came to the door and smiled.

"Marie! You've been growing like a weed! And Jory, you get handsomer each time you guys visit!" Jory smiled, as did I.

"It's nice to see you again Mrs. Paula," I said.

"Well come on in! We were getting ready to get the cornhole sets out," She said, moving out of the way, I stepped into the house smiling at Mrs. Paula. Mr. Paula commented the exact same thing Mrs. Paula said, only reversed the growing to Jory and the more grown up to me.

We walked outside into the backyard, hand in hand, and sat in two lawn chairs. Jonny turned the radio on, and Jimmy Eat World's "Sweetness" started to play.

Jonny looked over, cornhole sets in hand, smiling.

"There's a history behind this song, if you don't remember," Jory said, smiling.

"What was it?"

"It was the first time we danced together. The acoustic version. Middle school." He said, smiling.

"Ohhhhh!" I said, it instantly clicking.

We were going to dance, but we got challenged.

----------

We were standing in the kitchen, about to dig for board games to play with Riley, Jonny, Jory, Jonny's parents, and I. Jory was standing behind me, his arms wrapped around my waist and his chin on the top of my head.

Jonny found Scattergories, and we all seemed to know how to play, so we all sat around the dining room table. It was square, Riley then Jory, then me, then on the other side, Jonny's parents and Jonny.

We started to have fun.

----------

"Well thanks for inviting us over," Jory said as we were leaving.

"No problem, anytime!" Jonny's mom said.

"Thank you Mr. Paula, Thank you Mrs. Paula," I said hugging each. Jonny's dad shook Jory's hand, then Jory hugged Jonny's mom. Jonny's dad tapped Jory on the shoulder, motioning to the living room.

"You go ahead and get the car ready Marie." They told me. I smiled, and said thank you again, then went to the car and waited.

JORY'S POV

Jonny's dad pulled me aside.

"You and Marie are dating, right," He said, piecing it together.

"Yes sir," I said, intimidated. Riley had been friends with Jonny for a long time, and so had Marie. Mr. Paula cared for Marie like she was his own.

"You treat her right, boy. I don't want her to be heartbroken," He said shaking my hand again,"You gotta promise me."

"I promise."

"Go on, don't keep her waiting." He said, smiling. I said goodbye to Mrs. Paula then jogged out to the car. I got in the passenger's side.

She started to drive.

"So what'd Mr. Paula have to tell you?"

"Just the same old, same old," I said, looking over and smiling at her. She was listening to Relient K. I couldn't put my finger on the song. She was tapping along to the beat on the steering wheel at a stoplight.

"You can change it if you want, I still have that CD you made me earlier this year."

"No, I'm fine," I said, smiling. She turned onto the road to take us to the road Jonny and Marie lived on.

"I'm 100 percent sure you don't listen to Relient K. More like music waaaaay before your time," She said, looking over and laughing. She hit the next button and The Beatles started playing.

"Well, that's a smidge better," I said, laughing. She smiled and hit another stoplight.

"Well leave all the stoplights for us, bitches," I said, laughing. We walked through Jonny's door, Scattergories set up, the letter B.

--------------

Marie sat down, me beside her.

"Annd, go," Jonny said, starting the timer.

After 5 minutes the timer stopped and Jonny looked up.

"Famous male." Jonny said.

"Benjamin Button!" Marie said, laughing and giving herself 2 points for the two B's.

The game went on, then we got to 'Tools'.

"Band saw," Marie said.

"Ummm?" Jonny asked.

"Shop class bitch," She said, seriously and giving herself a point. I started laughing really hard, as did Jonny.
♠ ♠ ♠
True story. My dad's friend did that while playing Scattergories with us. xD

"Shop class bitch!"

I was taking shop and I showed him my plaque later and he was like "Shop class bitch!"