Hollywood Watches As I Fall

Tonight, Tonight

Another show tonight. Another tiring but magical show. Brendon glanced over at Ryan, who was trying to decide how to wear his make up tonight. His jacket smelled so bad it wasn’t even funny. When they got home the first thing he was definitely doing was finding a dry cleaner for the thing.
“Five minutes guys!” A stage hand called as he rushed by. Brendon felt butterflies in his stomach, the excited yet nervous kind. He loved that rush.
The anxious teen sang a quick little ditty to warm up as he began making his way towards the side of the stage with the other boys.
The last show of the tour. Tonight they would be giving it all they had left, harder that any other night.
“Good evening everyone!” Brendon screamed, the audience went wild. He grinned and the band started the show.
***
“Mother! I refuse to do this photo shoot. That photographer is ridiculous, he won’t let me do anything I want to do!” the starlet screeched showing the beginnings of a hissy fit. She seemed oblivious to the fact that a cameraman was filming this meltdown and was planning on selling it to the highest bidding network.
“You will be doing this shoot if I have to tie you to a chair so we can get some pictures!” he mother retorted just as angrily.
“Hey! You, you want some pictures? Then you had better do exactly as I say, got it?” the girl demanded still screaming only this time it was aimed at the photographer. The man nervously complied and she did the shoot, making sure to work everyone to death with silly errands and unnecessary complaints. And yet no one told her “no.”
***
“THANK YOU! THANK YOU! YOU’VE BEEN A WONDERFUL AUDIENCE!” Brendon shouted into the mic over the roar of the crowd. He felt like he could fall down and sleep right then and there but he obviously couldn’t. The group scrambled off stage after a final bow all together and began congratulating each other on a wonderful last performance.
“Great job guys! I think that was the best show we’ve ever done!” Brendon beamed as he clapped Spencer and Jon on the back to show his enthusiasm.
“You were awesome too, Bren!” Ryan mused taking off his hat and wiping a minimal amount of sweat from his brow.
“Aww! Group hug!” Brendon laughed wiping invisible tears and pulling the three other boys into a sweaty embrace.