Hollywood Watches As I Fall

Bad Press

“I need entertainment!” Brendon whined as he watched Ryan try to start a new song.
“Go play Guitar Hero or something,” Ryan suggested to his younger friend. Glumly Brendon went over to the TV and plugged the game in.
“Hey Jon, Spence, wanna play me?” he called to the two other boys.
“I’ll play.” Jon plugged a second guitar into the console and got ready to start the game.
“C’mon, JWalk! Can’t you beat me?” Brendon teased as he beat his band mate for the third time in a row.
“Well I’m done. I think I’ll go take a nap Bren,” Jon yawned leaving his friend to find amusement somewhere else.
“Well fine.” Brendon muttered sitting down to just watch regular TV. Absentmindedly he flipped through channels occasionally pausing to watch a short clip of something that had caught his attention before moving on. This is what he hated about being on tour, the dead time where he couldn’t find anything to do.
“Well what do we have here?” he laughed watching a clip being played over and over again of Hollywood’s newest It Girl throwing a temper tantrum at a photo shoot. He grinned and turned up the show so he could hear what the hosts of the show were saying about this recent blunder.
“Newest sensation was caught throwing set props and other things in a rage on the set for her Vogue photo shoot début. The pictures would be corresponding with an article interviewing her about her upcoming film due out next summer.” The VJs explained as they voiced over the actress dumping a smoothie on an assistant.
“I can’t believe how dramatic she’s being.” Ryan chuckled putting down his pen and pad and joining Brendon on the beige couch.
“She is an actress.”
“Yeah but look.” Ryan pointed at the screen as the young woman got right in a photographer’s face and began screaming at him before the show cut to a clip of her behaving and taking pictures like nothing had happened.
“That is a true sign of insanity.” Brendon nodded in agreement with his friend.
“That’s all I’m saying.” Ryan shrugged.
***
“Oh. My. God.” Grey stared slack jawed at a television screen replaying her meltdown the day before. Who could have possible shot this? Her nostrils flared as she called up her manager.
“KIM! Why the heck is my face being replayed over and over on TV showing me scream and dump drinks on people?” the teen hissed into the receiver of her cell phone.
“What?” Kim instinctively turned on the television set to the latest pop culture channel and also looked in horror as her client lashed out at some unlucky interns from the magazine.
“Grey?” Kim didn’t know what to say. “Don’t, don’t worry okay. I’ll find out who leaked this to the media okay; and I’ll have people work on getting this off shows and possibly out of magazines. Just don’t worry.” She reassured the distraught girl.
“Hurry Kim!” Grey insisted before snapping her phone shut and hurrying on her way.