Hollywood Watches As I Fall

This Is Not That Dream.

“Whoa, who is that?” Spencer asked pointing at the angry actress.
“Grey Woods, she’s a new It girl for movies and stuff.” Brendon answered not taking his eyes off the screen.
“Well she seems nice!” he laughed.
“I know, right?” Ryan chuckled grabbing a Capri Sun from the refrigerator.
“So you think she even knows that people are showing this all over the world?” Brendon was still ogling the girl.
“She’s got to by now right I mean it’s everywhere! You honestly can’t miss it, everyone is talking about it. Everyone.” Ryan stressed the last word before silently sipping the fruit drink.
***
“It’s terrible! The most horrible thing that’s ever happened to me!” Grey cried. Her face was blotchy and red from her sobs.
“What still don’t understand is why you couldn’t do that shoot without whining.” Her mother shot icily. Clearly she had no sympathy for her only child’s predicament.
“You could at least pretend to care.” The eighteen year old mumbled as she wiped away the last of her tears. Ever since Grey had stepped into the limelight her relationship with her mother had become more and more strained. No one knew exactly what had happened between the two but it had become exceedingly difficult to communicate between both women. It was like they had completely different views and priorities.
“You should be more grateful Grey. I get these things for you. Good publicity and somehow you always find a way to turn it to bad! If you would cooperate and-“Mrs. Woods lectured.
“And do what? Become some puppet? A rag doll you can manipulate any way you want?” Grey stared daggers at her mother who looked as though she had slapped her.
“You will not talk to me like that!” she spat grabbing her daughter’s wrist in a vice grip.
“Let me go!” Grey slipped out of her mother’s clutches and ran to her room. She locked the door and sat down on the floor once again in tears. Her mom never understood. She was too caught up the fame and fortune part and rarely acted like a parent anymore. It was always Grey’s fault. Her mother never took the blame or even part of the blame for anything.
Sniffling the thespian lifted herself from the carpet and crawled under the covers of her bed. To Grey it was the only place she could escape her nightmares and create sweet dreams that would simply take her away.