It Was Never Supposed to Be Easy

A Day

Hi Guys!
Sorry it took me so long, and I realize this was at a cliffhanger too, but some crazy stuff has been going down, and I just couldn't pick up a pencil and concentrate until it had settled down.
But it's OK now...so....yea.
Here ya go!
xoxo

****************************************************************************************************

I was going crazy. There was no doubt about it. My life had shrunk to the size of this room and nothing I did, was anywhere near what needed to be done. I was alone, my meals magically appeared, and I never heard a voice, or even footsteps pass by for that matter.

It had been three days, three long days.

And Harry and Ron....nothing.

A wicked, nasty voice inside my head was taunting me with the truth.

They weren't coming.

They must have realized that it was all a trap, and they probably thought that I had set it up. They were going to leave me here.

I was going to die.

I stood at the window, and I leaned against the cool pane of glass. My breath fogged up the window and I held it until the cloud slowly melted away. Then I breathed again, the heat of my breath bouncing back to warm my face. Really, I had to admit, this could be a good thing. Harry was the only one that could kill him. If he came here to rescue me, he would die and then the wizarding world would fall to pieces.

And it was all Draco Malfoy's fault.

A hateful snicker from the voice I was thought of as reasonable, echoed around in my empty head.

'Draco's fault? Really? Do you REALLY believe that?'

I turned from the window and slid down along the wall, coming to rest on the floor. I wrapped my arms around me and I bent over, letting me hair shield me from the deathly silence.

I never knew that silence could be so loud.

So loud in fact that it covered the gentle click of the door as it swung open. So loud that it sheltered the soft pad of footsteps making their way to me. So loud that when the spell was finally whispered, I jumped in shock.

And pain.

Never before had I felt such a piercing edge of pain. I felt like my very soul was on fire. I screamed, my voice ripping from my chest. I was arching from the wall, my arms swinging out and I was yelling, yelling....

And then it was over.

I was on the floor, panting. My sobs the loudest thing I had heard for three days.

I hurt.

I could not look up. I could barely breathe. My bones ached with the memory of the pain.

And a gentle laugh set them on fire again.

I felt my body lifted up by an invisible hand. I was being raised, slowly, until I was eye to eye with my attacker.

Such eyes. So red. Like blood. Like death surely would be.

"It hurts?" said the voice. "There is no need to answer. I know it does. But you deserve this, don't you?"

Voldemort...

"You even agree with me. You've led your friends to their deaths. This is your fault. Tell me, mudblood, did you think that Draco loved you?"

I said nothing, my body slowly spinning in the air.

"I think you did."

I was suddenly flying across the room, crashing into the wall, my body screaming in agony. No, it wasn't my body...that noise was me. The cruel hand of pain was slicing into me.

"WHERE ARE THEY?" he yelled, striding toward me.

"I don't know....I don't know!" I sobbed into the carpet. He was here to kill me. I was sure of it.

"Why are they not HERE?!" He yelled again.

"We...we aren't friends. They left me...they left me. I...was with...Malfoy, and...they, they didn't want me t-t-o come."

The feet retreated to the window and I peered up to see Voldemort picking up my view point at the window. He turned to look at me, at his feet. Waiting to die.

He raised his wand and brought it slicing through the air...

He spoke, but I never heard the words.

His wand...his wand. His face, twisted in fury.

And then...