How She Became His Everything

In The Hotel Room

Lynn jumped off the bed unconsciously screaming! The lights were finally turned on by Gerard, he was right behind the guy Lynn spotted from her bed.

"What happened to you?" Gerard asked frowning.

Lynn with eyes wide open, sounded speechless first, but she had to ask, "So he is with you?"

"Yeah, he's with me, I didn't want to turn the lights on first, since I didn't want to wake you up, but you're... apparently, already up," Gerard explained.

"I couldn't sleep," she said looking at the guy in a weird way.

"This is Mark, Mark that's Lynn," Gerard introduced them.

"Hey," Mark then said with a grin on his face. "I like your pyjamas," he commented making Lynn frown, turn to Gerard and say,"What's going on? Why is he here?"

"We need to get some things done, you can go back to sleep," Gerard assured her.

Lynn looked at the guy again, she could notice the creepy way he was staring at her, she didn't feel comfortable around him, there was something suspicious about him, but she was too tired to do something about it, then she thought that since he's Gerard's friend, everything should be fine.

"Ok then, I'm off to sleep," she added sitting back on her bed.

"Can I join you?" Mark replied with the grin getting wider on his face.

Lynn was irritated, she wanted to just turn around and kick him in the balls, but she didn't, turning to Gerard, waiting for him to say something, but he didn't.

"So? What do you say?" Mark insisted, as Gerard interrupted him immediately saying: "look man, we need to get what you came for done, so let's move to the other room shall we?"

Mark, always staring at Lynn, nodded to then add, "I'll see YOU later," with one of those creepy winks in the end, then they both went out to the living room, closing the bedroom door behind them.

Lynn, sat in bed for about 10 minutes, thinking of what had just happened until she fell deeply asleep.

The next day, Lynn woke up at the sound of the TV, she looked at her watch, it was still 6 am, how could anyone watch TV at this time of the day, she thought as she got off the bed, got her slippers on and marched to the living room. She could see the back of Gerard's head resting on the back of couch. He must have fallen asleep in front of the TV yesterday, she thought to herself walking towards the TV and turning it off. When she turned to face Gerard, her heart skipped a beat by the look of his face, he had a swollen lip and a serious bruise under his eye.

She felt so bad, he actually was asleep but he looked as if he was in pain! she stepped closer to him, and sat on the couch next to him, looking at how awful he looked then she said softly, "Gerard?"
He didn't move.
She repeated saying, "Gerard, wake up!"
Still, no reaction from him.
She walked to the fridge, got him some ice and got back, he had his eyes half open, he looked at her and said in pain, "Y--you weren't supposed t--to see me like that."

"What happened?" She asked sitting back next to him and lightly putting the ice on the bruise.
Gerard only took a deep breath as he held the iced bag on his face.

"Was it that guy Mark?" She kept questioning.

"it's nothing don't w--worry," he tried reassuring her even through all the pain he was feeling.

It was only 3 seconds of silence as they later both turned towards the front door as it was being opened.

"Sh--shit that's Brian, he shouldn't see me like that!" Gerard said worried.

Lynn didn't know what else to do, so she stood up and ran to the door as it was already slightly open and put her leg in its way preventing him from really opening it.

"Lynn, is that you? Let me in, I need to give you guys some of today's details," Brian's voice was heard from behind that door.

Lynn couldn't really let him in for Gerard's sake, she looked at Gerard, he was trying to get off of the couch to go to the next room, but it looked like he could barely walk so she
said, "Uh, I, uh, can't?" It sounded like a question.

"What? Let me in I don't have much time!" Brian added trying to push the door a little harder so he could get in.

"NO!" She unconsciously screamed.

"What? Why?" Brian got confused.

"Well, uh, you see, uh I'm not dressed, can't you just come back later?" She was able to come up with a lie to make him leave.

"I'll be back in an hour I have other stuff to do than wait for you guys!" Brian exclaimed angrily.
He didn't seem happy, but it did give Gerard an hour to figure something out.

As Brian left and Lynn locked the door, she turned to Gerard to find him leaning on the wall next to her, he could barely stand, he looked like he got punches on the chest too.
She helped him go back to the couch.

"Are you ok? We need to get you to the hospital!" She eventually said, expressing worry.

"No, I'll be fine, i just need a couple of minutes to relax," Gerard replied looking at her to notice she was looking sad.

"Don't worry I'll be fine," he added, still trying to reassure her.

"Are you going to make me ask you what happened again?"

Gerard opened his mouth to speak but then didn't, he was hesitated whether to tell her or not.

"I really want to help you."

"You are a good girl Lynn."
Lynn smiled, more like faked a smile, she couldn't really smile at a time like this.

"So you ARE going to make me ask what happened again!"

"I need to let it out to someone, it's killing me," Gerard added, finally giving in.

"I'm here, you can tell me."

"Promise not to tell anyone! No one else knows and I wouldn't want them to,"

"Ok, promise."

"You need to understand me though."

"I'm completely understanding so far."

"Yes, I can see that, you are the only person I feel I can trust with that anyways, so the thing is..."