How She Became His Everything

Another Visit

"Wait, she..." Shannon paused, still taking in the surprise. "She did all that?" She then managed to ask, turning to look at Mikey.

"Yes, she did," Mikey continued. "You know I was trying to be myself with you when you first came back to work with us," Mikey went on explaining to Lynn. "Let's just say Gerard made me keep the truth from you, I just didn't know it was going to lead him to prison."

"Wow... that's..." Shannon frowned. "Very confusing," she added.

"Tell me about it," Lynn mumbled, still sitting in that same position; on the floor, her head burried in between her hands. She felt so bad she couldn't even look at anyone at that moment, especially Mikey.

"I need a drink!" Shannon then exclaimed, almost running to the bar to satisfy that sudden desperate need of easing the information in.

Mikey and Lynn were then left all alone. They didn't seem to know what they were supposed to do; Mikey was just standing there looking down at her, as she was simply crying her guts out, with her face still hidden.

"Look..." Mikey seemed to have calmed down a while after watching her suffer. "Look, it's not like I haven't been on your side all this while..." He tried explaining. "I always had a feeling you had something good in you," he paused to take a deep breath and then add, "my brother knew you way better than I did, well, way better than anyone did for that matter and..." he paused again, noticing she stopped crying and was now listening to him.
"And I know my brother wouldn't even consider doing all those things for you if there wasn't really a tiny little thing inside of you that deserved it."

"I'm sorry," she managed to say through her tears.

"The fact that you forgot about it doesn't mean that it didn't happen, or that you're not to be blamed anymore," Mikey explained.

"I..." she lifted her head up, rested her elbows on her knees, and covered her face with her hands. "I don't know what I should do," she said, still unabled to look Mikey in the eyes.

"I know we need to do something, and fast," he announced.

"Maybe I should hand myself in and tell them it was actually me and not him," she tried to come up with a solution. She was suprised with how ready she was to leave everything and be severely penalised if it meant saving Gerard from what was coming to him. Just like he's doing with her now. Only in her case, it is her fault. That got her to wonder how much Gerard must love her to do such a thing for her. She remembered how she told him she hated him when she visited him, thinking he was the bad person, while it was her all along.

She finally took her hands away from her face to see Mikey still looking at her, frowning.

"My brother cannot stay in prison for a long time like that," Mikey expressed his concern.

She leant her head back at the wall behind her, remembering that Gerard wasn't even going to be in prison, he was going to die, and Mikey didn't know that yet, no one knew.

"Just... just take me to that prison again, I'm going to confess everything," she finally decided, standing up.

"Are you crazy? No one will believe you, Gerard fixed it all, with the evidence and everything," Mikey replied.

"Shit..." she mumbled sensing the fear grow inside of her. She was seizing the reality even more now. Gerard had played it so well that she wouldn't even be able to do anything in case she remembered. That was why he was so calm when he was in prison. He knew how the end was going to be all along, he had it all planned, there was nothing he didn't know, and had already accepted it all.

"Where's Eliza when we need her," Mikey shook his head as he walked to the window.

"NOW you like her?" Lynn exclaimed remembering how she tried to get her to get back together with Gerard before she died.

"No. I never liked her," Mikey replied firmly. "She was always trying to break you up with Gerard if you didn't remember that yet."

"She was trying to get us back together though before she died," Lynn seemed confused.

"Yeah, which is why she did die,"

"What do you mean?"

"She wanted to get you 2 back together knowing it will bring back memories. She obviously wanted that because she knew you couldn't take it if you did and end up handing yourself in, which takes you way out of the picture. She actually really just wanted Gerard for herself, and your uncle didn't want you to remember anything, so he... you know."

"Right!!" Lynn exclaimed getting Mikey to turn and look at her. "My uncle!! He can do something! I must talk to him!!" She got all hyped up, hoping that would lead her somewhere at least near the solution she was looking for.

"He's in prison, Gerard handed him in too," Mikey reminded her.

"Yes! I'll go back to that prison then!" She said realizing she really had no time and had to rush back from where she just came from.

"You're going now?" Mikey asked looking at her head towards the door.

"Yes, I'm going now," she opened it, not even asking him if he wanted to go to see his brother too. She just didn't want it to even seem like it's the last time they will be seeing Gerard; there was this thing in her that kept telling her that he wasn't going to die, he just couldn't!
♠ ♠ ♠
I realize it's a short update, but here's what happened... while I was still actually updating, I wrote the whole thing, it was very, very long and took me a lot of time to finish it, but I had done a great job and was very proud of it. Well, only until I was going to actually post it and... realized my little brother had 'accidentally' deleted all my work. I was sort of devastated that I almost gave up on it. I was blocked. Now, I decided to actually re-write the whole thing, here's a little part of what was supposed to posted ages before. Hope you like it :)