How She Became His Everything

Going In Again

When Lynn got out of Gerard's suite, she saw Brian coming from far. She didn't want to talk to anybody, she just didn't want to waste another second so she ran to the elevator, to then make her way out the hotel.
On her way to see her uncle in prison, she kept thinking to herself about how she will fight it if she ever felt like she was going to remember something from her past. She knew it would only cause her to break down like each time. She wanted to be strong this time. At least she was trying to.

"Hi..." she said to the cop standing behind the counter. "Excuse me," she added trying to get his attention. "Officer?" Lynn repeated watching him finally hang the phone up.

"Yes! How can I help you?" He asked seeming somewhat irritated by the fact that she couldn't stop interrupting while he was on the phone.

"I need to see Stanly Richard please," she stated it fast, she did look like she was in a hurry and that cop noticed it.

"Hmmm," he slowly walked towards the computer, taking all the time he could on purpose. "Stanly Richard the drug dealer," he eventually added.

"Yes the... drug dealer," she sighed frowning.

"Do you have a paper for that?" The cop then asked. "I can't let you see someone as dangerous with no approval from the..."

"Oh for god's sake!" She interrupted him getting angry. "Just let me in I only need a couple of seconds with him, come on!"

"Sorry lady, that's the law here," the cop announced.

"He's my uncle! Do I need some stupid permission to see my uncle now?" She was now on the verge of flipping out.

"Yes, if you don't have that permission I'm going to have to ask you to leave," the cop declared.

"No!! I'm not leaving until I get what I came for here!!" She exclaimed fixing both her arms on the counter in front of the cop.

"Is that so?" That cop smiled sarcastically. "We haven't had a crazy person over in a while now, this can get pretty entertaining..."

The cop's behaviour got her to notice that there was no way she could get in there. He was sure enjoying the show she was giving him and was in no way planning on being the least bit of an understanding human being.

"Alright..." she said, lowering her voice this time, looking as if she was almost giving in. "I have something I need to confess," she added deciding to hand herself in; seeing that there was nothing else she could do.

"Now what?" The cop asked sarcastically.

"Gerard Way, he doesn't belong in prison," she continued calmly, looking down to the floor.

"No?" The cop almost laughed it out. "You are a fan, a groupie... or whatever they call you insane girls nowadays, aren't you?" The cop concluded.

"No, I'm... well, I used to be his fiancee," she went on.

"Sure you are," the cop smiled again.

"Look," she finally looked him straight in the eyes. "I should be here in his place!" She exclaimed.

"Oh, really? That's interesting," that officer seemed to be amused by what she was saying, taking nothing into consideration.

"I'm not kidding, he only handed himself in so I would be off the hook! I swear! You don't want to lock an innocent person up do you?" She added getting tensed.

"Oh no little missy, we sure wouldn't. But guess what, your rockstar there, he's not innocent," the cop shook his head, still not believing a word of what she was saying.

"God!!" She screamed out. "Just try taking me a little seriously? I... DID... ALL those things! Not Gerard!"

"You did what things?" The cop gave her the same sarcastic smile again.

"You know, the drug deals, forming a... gang, with the guns and all," she tried explaining it her own way. The way she could remember it from the flashbacks she had earlier.

"That's a very good phrasing of a sentence, it almost shows how much of a pro you are in such things," the cop shook his head laughing a little. "You know, if you had told me one of those things, in proper details, I might have actually considered believing you," the cop then added.

"I... I don't remember the details," she mumbled making him laugh.

"Try memorizing some lines next time you see an action movie," he commented.

"No, no really I have short term amnesia I don't remember," she stated hoping he'd understand.

"Sure lady," the cop said holding a bunch of papers in hand. "That just made a lot of sense," he added sarcastically, stepping to the other side of the counter.

"Wait!" She followed him unwilling to admit that this thing is over. "You have to believe me! Why would I want to lock myself up if I was truly innocent!"

"I'll tell you what," the cop stopped to give her a serious look. "You go out that door right now, and you won't be locked up along with your friend in there and your so called uncle. How about that?" He then turned to head in to one of the rooms.

She threw herself on one of the chairs there, feeling her body go weak. Her legs couldn't hold her up anymore, there really was nothing she could do, Gerard was going to die because of her and she could never forgive herself for that.

She took a deep breath, letting a tear roll down her cheeks just as she closed her eyes.
"I'm a stupid drug dealer," she mumbled to herself. "I'm such a bad person how am I supposed to live with myself now," she mumbled again.

"Lynn!" Mikey interrupted her thoughts making her open her eyes to look at him.

"What are you doing here?" She asked him frowning.

"I followed you, I need to see my brother too!" He exclaimed looking around for someone to talk to.

"We can't, I've already tried, they won't let us in, it's too late," she shed another tear. She wasn't breathing normally as she couldn't take the pain of her heart being ripped apart.

"It's not too late, we will have time to sort things out, did you..." Mikey was trying to ask her if she tried to hand herself in, but she interrupted him saying his name.

"It is too late," she added. "You see, Gerard isn't only going to be locked up," she felt that lump form in her throat again as she was about to tell Mikey that his own brother was going to die, and it was all because of her.

"What then?" Mikey didn't seem to understand.

"Gerard is going to..." she paused to catch her breath as her fast heartbeats weren't making this easier for her. "Gerard is going to be..."

"Lynn?" She heard her name again. They both looked towards the door to identify the person who called it. "Hey, do you remember me?" The person stepped closer to her.

"Oh, you..." Mikey remembered.

"I'm Christopher Edwards, Gerard Way's lawyer," he introduced himself again, making her remember she had met him backstage, in Gerard's room.

"You know I think you're doing a very poor job getting my brother out of prison," Mikey made his comment looking at the man with despise.

"If there's anyone you should be hating, it's me," Lynn corrected Mikey.

"What are you guys doing here?" The attorney then asked.

"We came here to see Gerard, but apparently, we can't get in," Mikey explained as Lynn just stared at the lawyer, remembering how he gave her his card and told her he was willing to help her with anything, because Gerard asked everyone to do so when he was on stage.

"Could you..." Lynn paused thinking of a way to phrase her question. "Could you let us in?"

"Well..." Christopher thought for a while. "I was coming to see Gerard anyway, I'll tell them you're with me."

"Great, that's good, finally something useful coming from your side," Mikey expressed. He had an apparent hatred towards lawyers in general.