How She Became His Everything

Working Things Through

30 minutes later, as Lynn was dealing with paper works, trying to figure out a way to get Gerard out of this mess, he steps closer to her, eating his favorite chocolate bar, sits next to her on the floor, and pulls his knees up where he rested his elbows while watching her work.

"I think I figured it out," Lynn told him.

"Are you serious?" He almost couldn't believe it.

"Yeah," she nodded. "From the stuff you own, most of them are for no use to you anymore, but are still expensive right now, we could sell them... andif we do this, we can cover around 50% of the money you owe."

"What about the other 50?"

"Here comes the UNCLE part!" She replied him with the huge smile on her face.

"What?"

"I'll get the money from my uncle."

"Are you serious? No!!"

"What?" She said confused. "Why not? He wouldn't even feel the difference, trust me!" She added as Gerard just shook his head in refusal. "You will pay them back when you make enough," she kept trying to convince him.

"This doesn't sound right," Gerard expressed his concern.

"WHAT? WOULD YOU RATHER BE A DEAD MAN INSTEAD?" She went off!

"Would he even agree? What will your parents say about that? Have you thought of this?" He started questioning and she just gave him this empty look.

"My parents..." she started, "they passed away, my uncle is the only person left for me, he has raised me since I was 5, he is the one who got me this job, and I'm sure, that he'll give me some money if I needed it."

"I'll pay it back, we are going on tours soon, so I'll make sure he gets it all back," Gerard seemed to have finally agreed as Lynn just smiled and got off to get the phone so she could call her uncle.

"Hello?" Stan said on the other line.

"UNCLE!!!"

"Lynn? Is that you pumpkin?"

"Yeah!! I missed you so much!"

"Me too, I was getting worried, it's been almost 4 days since you left and you haven't called."

"I know, we've been really busy lately!"

"So how's the band...uh, A Chemistry of romance is it?"

"It's MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE UNCLE!!" Lynn answered giggling.

"Right, right, I'll keep that in mind."

"About that, I was calling to ask if you can do me like a really big favor."

"What is it sweetie? Is everything ok?"

Lynn paused, Gerard was right next to her, she looked at him, then said: "I need some money uncle."

"You scared me for a while," Stan's answer sounded cool. "I thought something bad happened to you. How much do you want me to transfer to you?"

"Um, It's a huge amount."

"When did it matter to me sweetheart? So how much do you want?"

Lynn took a deep breath and told him how much she needed.

"Uncle?" She then said as Stan didn't reply when she told him what the amount was, yet still no reply... she started to feel bad, could he have ditched her at a moment like this?

"Uncle are you there? Hello?" She went on saying.

"Ok," Stan answered a couple of seconds later, "I just transfered the whole thing online, I'm thinking you are buying a really huge house with that?" Stan added.

Lynn closed her eyes and smiled as she said: "Thank you thank you thank you! I'll be paying it back seriously!"

"Go get that house little girl! Get it somewhere near the studios where you work, and don't forget to keep in touch with your old uncle Stan ok?"

"Ofcourse uncle, I won't!"

"So??" Gerard said with this anxious look on his face just as she hung up.

"WE GOT IT!!!" She screamed smiling widely.
Gerard got so happy he took her in his arms and hugged her, she felt so good, she really liked him and she hoped he did too.

As they were done celebrating, Gerard looked at his watch and said: "Oh, wow, I'm kind of late, I need to go now!"

"Go? Where?" Lynn questioned looking at him with wondering eyes.

"I'm meeting someone," Gerard replied smiling.

"Meeting who?" She asked again, confused.

"I've been going out with someone for a while, after Eliza and I broke up, she's a pretty nice girl," Gerard explained happily, picking his car keys off the table.

"Oh," her reply was short.

Gerard kissed her on the forehead, looked her in the eyes and said: "I don't know how to make it up to you, but I'll figure out a way," then he left. It made her feel as if she was abandoned, she sat on the couch and started thinking, am I stupid? What did just happen? I just helped him and he walked out the door. She didn't know what to think...He just seemed to have left her behind.