‹ Prequel: Slip Into The Tragedy

I Love You, Daddy.

Chapter Six;

I sat on the couch next to my dad. Listening as he talked on the phone.
I brought my knees up, wrapped my arms around them and rested my head on top.
I continued to stare at him as he waved his arms around excited about the concept of me singing at a charity show.
"Look, Mikey. You should have heard her! Crash and I were asleep.. and I woke up and was like 'what the fuck is that noise'" My cheeks burned in embarrassment. My dad saw this, flashed me a smile and pushed me softly. I had to catch myself on the armrest "Then I listen harder and it was amazing, we should have shut up to let her finish the song instead of interrupting her. and besides, we were going to do a charity show anyways"
He started nodded at Mikey's answer. He smiled widely.
"YAY!" The suddenness of his outburst made me jump. He chuckled at my reaction.
"Alright, thanks Mikey. Say hi to Alicia. Will do, bye" He hit end on his phone and placed it on the coffee table.

"Mikey and Alicia say hi. and you'll be doing the show with us. Mikey wanted to hear you sing, but I convinced him" A cheeky grin formed, he lent over and kissed my forehead.
"Wow, I'll actually be on stage with My Chemical Romance. Like, oh my god. Do you, like, think Gerard Way could hug me, because, like, I'm his, like, BIGGEST fan." I put on a fake teeny accent.
My dads cheeky grin got wider, pulling me into a hug.
"You're such a dork!" He laughed.
"I wonder where I get it from?" He pulled me back to fake glare, before putting his hand on my face and pushing me back and standing up.

I stayed on the couch. I can't believe I'll be singing on stage. In front of a lot of people. Never would have thought I would get this opportunity, even if my dad is in the business.
Maybe I should change something about myself, maybe my hair.
"MUM!" I yelled from the couch, hopping up to try and find her.
Both parents were having coffee's in the kitchen.
"Yeah?" She looked up at me as I walked in.
"Can I do something different with my hair?" She looked to my dad. Who shrugged.
"If you want, when do you want to get it done?" She took a sip from her coffee.
"Well, before the charity concert please. I want to wow people" I smiled at them.
"Sweetie, your voice will wow them anyway" Dad said, of course he wouldn't understand.
"I have nothing to do today if you wanted to go when we finish our coffee"
Dad shook his head "No way am I going to be doing girly stuff, you two have fun."

I was now in the hairdressers chair.
"Alright love, what would you like to get done?" A young pretty hairdresser started lifting my hair.
"I want to keep the length, but i want this part" I grabbed the top of my hair to show her "I want it to be white, then I want to dye it bright pink!" I dropped my hands and let the girl get to work.

_______________________________________________________________________

My mum and I got out of the car, I just had the bright pink dye put through my hair.
I think it looks amazing! I love it, I hope people like it tonight, as the concert is on in few hours. Now, I just have to see my dad's reaction.
My mum opened the door for me and I walked in. My dad was sitting on the couch, leaning forward with his elbows on his knees, reading the newspaper.
"Hey dad" He looked up and froze.
I couldn't help but giggle.
"Holy crap! I think I'm blind" He blinked as if you make a point. Mum rolled her eyes.
"What do you think?" I twirled so he could see the whole thing.
"I like it, really. I think it looks really good!" He smiled. At least he liked it.
"Go get ready, we have to go to the sound check and everything"

I ran to my room to change.
"Ugh, what the hell do I wear! I want to look good!" I spoke to myself as I stared at my wardrobe.
I pulled out a little black dress. I hope people thought I looked nice.
I quickly stripped and pulled on the dress before going to apply make up and doing my hair.
"Come on Lee!" My dad yelled from the front of the house.
"Yeah, just a sec!" I called back, taking one last look in the mirror.
My hair was puffed up, bright pink, and the rest my natural black.
My eyes were surrounded by black eyeliner. I was ready to go.

I had no idea how the band went through this. I was almost deaf from just the screaming fans. They were all waiting in the venue and it was so loud!
"Dad!" I yelled. He didn't notice.
I walked up to him and shook his arm "Dad" I said more quietly.
He looked at me "Yeah?"
"What song am I singing with you?" I was lucky I knew all their songs.
"What about... hmm, Hang 'Em High?" My eyes sparkled, I love that song.
"We're on! wait until I call you out" He kissed my head.
I hugged Uncle Mikey, Frank, Bob and Ray and they walked out on stage.
I had to cover my ears it was so loud.

After a few songs I could hear the familiar drumming of Hang Em' High.
My dad was walking around the stage and talking.
"Now, we have a special treat for you today" He moved the microphone stand, more screaming.
"Tonight, my daughter will be singing with us" The crowd went insane.
Even though they knew about me, they had no idea what I looked like. I didn't want to be in the spotlight. I didn't want people to know who I was. This was all going to change.
"Ladies and gents. Meet my daughter, Amilee" He held out his arm for me.
I walked out into the bright light. I smiled into the crowd and waved.
My dad handed me a spare microphone.
And with that, we sung together.

I was no longer going crazy.
I was no longer alone.
I was loved, finally, by my father.
Singing a song with him on stage was the best thing to ever happen to me.
I'm finally happy to be known as Amilee Way.
♠ ♠ ♠
And there we have it, the end of this story.
I just got soooo over it. I'd rather concentrate on the Frerard I have.
Sorry it's so long and crap. I just ran out of ideas and shiz.
Thank you to all the people who read both stories and commented and subscribed.
If you're wondering, this is what Lee's hair turns out like.
I have that girl on myspace. Lee doesn't have piercings, I just want you to look at the hair!
http://i43.tinypic.com/t6fj9h.jpg

<3