Demolition Lovers

II

Luna plopped down in her chair and pulled out her sketchbook. She was doing her best to avoid Mrs. Humphrey, her plump, middle aged homeroom teacher who had some obsession with cats (she had photos of them spread across her desk).
She started to draw the boy she had assaulted. He had been sort of adorable all things considered. His annoying attitude made her blood boil. She had gone through her life being nice to anyone who spoke to her. If they were in any way rude, she had a tendency to lean on physical violence. But she had always been nice. She never cussed; she didn’t hurt anyone who didn’t deserve it.
She was just…nice.
But this guy, this guy was NOT nice. He was rude, arrogant, and…she tried to block his attitude out of her head and instead focused on his facial features.

“Mr. Iero, I’m glad you could finally join us,” Mrs. Humphrey sounded just as Luna as imagined she would: congested.
“Sorry I’m late,” He mumbled. Luna refused to look up. She was still angry. She had suspected she would be in his homeroom. She didn’t have the best of luck, you see.

She moved on to his clothes. She glanced up and snuck a peek at his outfit. He was wearing black jeans with the knees ripped out, a Misfits t-shirt, and black Converse.
Typical poser, she thought.
Her own wear consisted of a red t-shirt with black paint splattered across it (it wouldn’t have been that way had she accepted her mother’s offer to help her paint her room), black denim knee shorts, black and white striped thigh high socks, and black high top Converse.
The only thing not poser about him is his hair, she thought. He had a very nice hair cut. No one can go wrong with the Swoop.

“Is there a reason you’re staring?” His voice brought her out of her thoughts. She didn’t show any emotion though.
“I feel like it,” She replied dryly. Why else would she be staring?

By first period the rumors of the new “emo” girl were flying. Luna did her best to ignore them, but she had never done well when people made fun of her. She was a bit sensitive.
“Hi!” Luna looked up during art class to see a very excited looking guy. He had black hair that was a little longer than his chin, and he wore almost all black.
“Um…hello,” She mumbled, returning to her work.
“I’m Gerard,” He tried again. Before she could respond, he snagged the chair next to her and sat down.
She was trapped.
“Uh…I’m Luna,” She said uncertainly. What was this guy’s deal? He looked quite familiar now that she thought about it.
“That’s a beautiful name,” He complimented. Luna blushed. She never did well with compliment either.
“That was a killer punch you gave to Frank,” Luna looked up. She racked her brain trying to figure out who he was. He noticed.
“I was one of the guys in the group around him when you punched him,” He reminded her. She pursed her lips and nodded.
“I see. So are you as rude and annoying as him?” She asked. He laughed a little.
“No. I’m the awesome one. My brother Mikey is the goody-goody. Bob is the quiet one. Ray is the…well, Ray is hard to explain. Frank now….Frank is the bad ass of sorts,” He explained.
Luna half smiled.
“I doubt he’s actually like that,” She commented. Gerard shrugged.
“I suppose it really depends. You really pissed him off though. He’s been bitching about it ever since,” He told her. Thanks for the update, she thought.
She already had an enemy on her first day.
“But, he doesn’t hate you. Despite his remarks of ‘fuck off’ and ‘go fuck yourself’, I think he kind of digs your aggressive nature,” Gerard said. Luna giggled.
“Ha, I finally got you to sort of laugh,” He murmured.
“No, it’s just…I’m not aggressive. No one’s said those things to me,” She said. Gerard rolled his eyes.
“Were you home schooled? I’m telling you of what is yet to come. And you haven’t heard those things yet because he hasn’t seen you since homeroom. Yes, you’re more aggressive than you think,” He sighed.
Luna groaned.
She would be tortured by this guy, she just knew it.
“What do you mean by ‘digs’?” She asked. Gerard raised an eyebrow.
“I mean ‘likes’, ‘has a thing for’, ‘secretly enjoys the presence of’,” He responded. She blushed.
“He doesn’t know me. I could be a serial killer for all he knows,” She muttered. Gerard smirked.
“Sweetie, that would just turn him on. Plus, you’re too sweet to kill anyone. Mutilate and release, perhaps, but killing isn’t your thing,” He chuckled.

Lunch came after art. Luna dreaded lunch. Lunch was the time of day when who she’d met made a difference. At this point, she had no one to sit with. It looked like she would be skipping when Gerard showed up at her locker.
“Do you want to eat with us?” He asked hopefully. She closed her locker.
“Um…sure, I guess it wouldn’t hurt,” She said. Gerard smiled and led her to the cafeteria.
Frank and the other guys who had been with him that morning were there. His face darkened when he saw her. Gerard leaned close to her ear.
“Look of darkness equals secret lust,” He informed her. Luna burst out laughing causing everyone to stare.
“She has a condition,” He lied. They turned away.
“Sweetie, don’t draw attention. You’re fresh meat. There’s only so much I can help with,” He said. Luna nodded.

“Why is she sitting here?” Frank demanded. Luna rolled her eyes.
“You’re so welcoming,” She noted sarcastically. Frank gave her the finger, which she returned.
“Well if you hadn’t taken a swing at me I might’ve invited you to sit here myself,” He snapped.
“Oh wah,” She said. Some of the guys laughed a little. “Stop moping around.” Frank rolled his eyes. What a bitch.

Frank watched her walk out of the cafeteria. She was a little hot, but that was it. She was rude and annoying. She obviously didn’t care that his nose hurt like fuck, and she’d probably do it again if she got the chance.
But she’s so….interesting, a part of him practically shouted.
She’s a bitch.
So?
So she’s a huge bitch.
You’ve been with worse…
Like Annika.
Like Annika. So, you should definitely go for it.
Really?
Hell yeah.
♠ ♠ ♠
hmm...okay. ive decided that if u dont want to comment, fuck it. however, if u subscribe u own big time! subscribing is just as, if not easier than, commenting.
plz subscribe!
=]
xoxo, lindsay =]