Demolition Lovers

VI

Luna’s eyes welled with tears.

“Are you okay?” Frank whispered. He sat up and she nodded.

“I’m fine. I’m just…so happy with everything that’s going on,” She said through her tears. Frank nodded and grinned.

“Hey, do you want to do something fun?” He asked excitedly. Luna nodded. Frank grabbed her hand and pulled her off of the couch.

“Where are we going to?” Luna asked as he pulled her out of the house. Frank didn’t answer. It was growing dark outside. Perfect, he thought. The first few stars were appearing, twinkling dimly since it wasn’t pitch black yet.

“Just follow me,” He instructed. They walked all the way down the block to the dead end where it led to woods. He led her in to the woods and they trekked over sticks and around poison ivy.

It grew increasingly darker outside and Luna was starting to get nervous. But they finally stopped in a small clearing. Frank walked over to a tree and pulled a small bag out of it. Luna raised an eyebrow.

“Sometimes when things got bad at home I would sleep out here,” He explained quietly. He produced a large blanket from the bag and threw it down. He threw the bag back at the tree and lay down on the blanket. Frank motioned for Luna to join him.

Luna lay down and turned to Frank. He put his arms around her small form and breathed in the scent of her hair.

“Luna, when I was in the hospital bed, all I could think about was you,” He admitted. Luna looked into his eyes.

“When you were lying in that hospital bed all I could think about was the pain of losing someone I loved,” She whispered, tears fogging her vision. Frank kissed her eyelashes.

“Luna, I love you too. No matter how tough things get, I’m never leaving you again,” He promised. Luna smiled and nodded, she understood. It was finally dark outside.

“Look up,” Frank instructed. Luna looked up and breathed at all of the twinkling stars she saw. “I think I’ll name a star after you.”

Luna giggled. “Can you actually do that?”

Frank rolled his eyes. “It’s not someone else’s property.” He snorted.
Luna kissed Frank long and hard.

“Frank Iero, I am without a doubt deeply in love with you.”
♠ ♠ ♠
sorta fillerish