Storybook Romance

I closed my eyes and heard a disturbing crunch sou

I stared wide eyed at the monster stood behind my front door. How the hell did he know where I live? I glared at this pathetic excuse for a man before speaking, my voice coming out in a low growl.

“What the fuck are you doing here!?” I shouted at him.

He smirked and a light, creepy laugh erupted from his throat.

“Oh Frankie-boy, you upset me today, you broke into my house, you stole some of my stuff and most importantly, you took my play thing away” he hissed “I am not happy with you Frankie-boy”

His leant forward so his face was right in mine, I cringed at the smell of his vile alcohol drenched breath. He pulled his arm back to punch me, full force, in the face. I closed my eyes and prepared myself for the pain I would feel when he hit me, I had seen Ray after they got in a fight, this man could hit hard. However instead of feeling his fist against my face I just heard a yelp of pain and a disturbing crunching sound.

I opened one eye slowly to see Jared with his arm being twisted being his back, it looked quite painful. Stood behind him holding his arm down and hissing what I can only imagine to be threats and insults into the quivering man’s ear was Bob the big burly bodyguard from the signing. I was shocked to say the least.

Bob called the police and Jared was taken away. I then invited the man that quite possibly saved my life into my house for a coffee, even if I was still a little frightened of him. Ray didn’t even stay in the room and abandoned me and left me in the room with this scary scary bodyguard.

“So, uh, Frank I’m sorry about what happened at the signing, what with me grabbing you and twisting your arms behind your back” he muttered the last bit with a regretful look on his face.

“Don’t worry man, you were just doing your job” I laughed at the expression on his face as is softened, he still looked a little sheepish. I was still very confused as to why this man was at my house, so being the forward guy I am I just asked him straight out.

“So, uh, Bob,” I started, scratching the back of my neck, “why exactly were you at my house, not that I don’t appreciate you dealing with the beast out there, I’m just curious.” I laughed nervously and looked down at the floor.

“Oh! That reminds me!” he shouted, jumping up and running back out the front door. I just sat there, confused, slowly I got up and followed him out. I reached the front door just in time to see Bob throw himself into the large hedge lining my front garden. Frowning I made my way towards the hedge where I could see two large legs sticking out of the leaves and twigs.

“Um dude, what the hell??” I was very confused as to why he had thrown himself into the hedge.

“One sec dude, I can’t find it.” This muffled response only made me more confused. So I just shook my head and sat down on the doorstep. He could explain this when he didn’t have a mouth full of bush, I giggled silently “wow” I thought “I haven’t said or thought that since college.”

I was still giggling silently to myself when Bob emerged from the hedge with leaves sticking out of his hair, he had an envelope in his hand, this only made me more confused.

“From the boss.” He said throwing the envelope at me, okay I was scared now. The boss? Who was he talking about? I opened it with shaking hands. I breathed a sigh of relief when inside was a small slip of paper with a short message written on it in untidy scrawl. It read:

Frankie, thought I’d let you know that I had to change our plans for Saturday. Instead of going to the park we decided to go to a theme park instead, I didn’t call you because I needed to send you the VIP passes as I will need to meet you there instead of picking you up. I hope this is not an inconvenience for you. Call me when you get this.
Love Gee. Xxx


I grinned and thanked Bob for delivering this.

“No problem dude, my sister lives a couple streets over so I told Gerard I’d drop this off. I’m glad I did. I got here just in time, that guy was nasty,” He grimaced at the memory of Jared.

He explained that he had to leave, he was over an hour late visiting his sister. I thanked him again and went back inside to check on Ray. I remembered that I had to call Gerard so I did just that. I explained what happened with Bob and Jared and we ended up talking for hours.

I was so pleased that we had gone to that signing, thinking about it meeting Bob and Gerard had ultimately saved my life.
♠ ♠ ♠
I kinda compromised.

It was Jared by the door but frankie didn't get beat up

Comment please