‹ Prequel: I Don't Love You
Status: ATTENTION: I am in the process of editing this story so check back for updates.

Just Don't Take Chances

You had me from hello.

Frank's POV;

Women. They take forever to get ready.

The band and I, we’re in Sweden. And somehow, we had some shin-ding to attend. The rest of the band, Bob, Ray, and Gerard sat outside of the bus, probably chain smoking. And where was I? Inside, waiting.

Waiting for this specimen I call my girlfriend to stop taking hours to get dressed.

"Frank what should I wear!" She huffed at me, digging into her suitcase, a light pink towel draped around her body, her hair dripping water on the tour bus floor. You see - we had just finished showering.
Yeah, we.

At the mirror you fix your hair and put your makeup on
You're insecure about what clothes to wear
I can't see nothing wrong


"Wear that," I muttered and pointed at something black and strapless among the pile, while I pulled on a black long sleeved shirt with a gold design on the side.

"But I also want to wear this..." She exclaimed, pulling out a deep red dress, but it actually looked like a huge, formfitting t-shirt. She scrunched up her face in thought.

To me you look so beautiful, when you can't make up your mind
Its half past eight, it's getting late
It's ok, take your time


"Babe hurry up," I called, pulling on black jeans over my boxer briefs and fixing a black hat on my head. You see, I was pretty much dressed. My hair dries quickly, in it's natural wavy fashion and I already had my shirt and now my pants on. I put a white belt through the loops and latched it together at the front, and sauntered over to the front of the bus to give her privacy.

Standing here, my hands in my pockets
Like I have a thousand times
Thinking back it took one breath
One word to change my life


"All right, I'm done," She announced, after I waited a good ten minutes walking around the bus, even smoking to pass the time. I looked up from my sneakers to find her standing in the middle of the walkway.

She smiled at me, her hands on her hips. Somehow she had managed to get dressed, put on mascara, her shoes, and blow-dry her hair. Now her hair sat silky and straight, slipping around her shoulders as she stood before me. She adjusted the bracelet on her wrist and took another step in my direction. I visibly gulped, I could feel the heat rising from deep inside my stomach as she lay her eyes on me, those simple brown orbs lighting up in anticipation. She had picked the black dress.

"Ready to go?"

The first time I saw you, it felt like coming home
If I never told you, I just want you to know
You had me from hello

When we walk into a crowded room, it's like were all alone
Everybody tries to kidnap your attention
You just smile and steal the show

You come to me and take my hand
We start dancin' slow
You put your lips up to my ear and whisper way down low


The party was fine, not really my cup of tea. It took us a while to get there (jeez, Brian and Worm are bad with directions) but nonetheless, we got there. Alliyson pranced around talking to people and socializing, it was so strange how she knew some of these people although they worked and lived across an ocean from her.

It was hard to concentrate on anything but her, to be honest. She had stolen my attention the whole time and she was all I looked at. Every time she smiled at me or took my hand I could feel that familiar feeling grow in my chest and it would tighten more and more each time. I felt like my heart was swelling with happiness, like I had just walked into Jersey after not being there for years.

And then Alliyson made me slow dance, (which I do not fucking do), but it proved to be a good decision. She had made it the highlight of my night, swaying her delicate hips at the same time with mine, occasionally making them touch. And then she started whispering things to me, certain things I'd only dreamed of her ever saying. She claimed she loved staring deep into my eyes and that she could only get lost in mine, mine alone and fall in love all over again.

Some corny shit, I know. But I love it.

From the first time I saw you, it felt like coming home
If I never told you, I just want you to know
You had me from hello


The party was finally over and it was time for us to get home. When we got there Gerard made sure to pass out after stripping himself of most of his clothes, Bob doing the same. Ray chilled around out back for a while with his phone, and Alliyson changed into an old shirt of mine before jumping into bed.

For some reason I couldn't sleep. I was just amazed at how the evening went, still mesmerized at my girlfriend. Gosh, my girlfriend. I still couldn't believe how all of this happened, how I had managed to win her over and have her as my own. It was still amazing to me. Almost like a dream.

I had crept into the bunk slowly, to make sure I didn't disturb her and closed the curtain behind me. I hadn't bothered to get changed, just decided to go to bed in my shorts - Alliyson wouldn't care anyway. As soon as I lay down, Alliyson pulled me close, snuggling her body up next to mine, her head in my chest. I held her in my arms and just watched her breathe, it calming me all of a sudden. Her heartbeat thumped into my belly at its normal speed and my eyes started to drift shut.

And when you're laying down beside me
I feel your heartbeat to remind me...

The first time I saw you it felt like coming home
If I never told you I just want you to know
You had me from hello

From hello
From hello


And to think this all started from her taking my cigarette.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay for the first chapter!

This is pretty much just an introduction into what's to come. Not every chapter will be all mushy like this, mind you. And I used this song in this chapter because I felt like it kinda worked with the mood I wanted to set, which is also why it is put in Frank's point of view and put this way.

The song is by Bon Jovi, by the way - You Had Me At Hello<3