‹ Prequel: I Don't Love You
Status: ATTENTION: I am in the process of editing this story so check back for updates.

Just Don't Take Chances

Make-ups and lies.

*Frank's POV;

"Alliyson please," I begged quietly. "Come here."

I needed her with me.
I needed her to tell me everything would be alright.
I needed her to tell me that I didn't have to stay in this stupid hospital over night, that I didn't have any needs for an IV drip, that they weren't monitoring my heart.
But most of all I needed her to tell me that I didn't see her kiss John, that I didn't run away like a frightened child, throw up because I was sick to my stomach, and pass out on our tour bus.

Alliyson still stared at the sickly white hospital floor and obeyed, coming towards the side of the bed without the barricade so she could sit. She still hadn't looked at me and I couldn't blame her. If it was her in this hospital bed, her hooked up to a heart rate machine, I don't think I would be able to handle it.

She sniffed sadly and took my hand in hers, which happened to be the hand that had the IV in it. But I'm guessing she ignored that and just rubbed her thumb across my palm. And oddly enough, it relaxed me. I felt my nerves ease and all the questions I had flying through my mind disappeared as soon as she reached the part where my fingers started.

I clasped my hand on hers and brought it up to my face so I could kiss the back of it, letting my lips linger longer then I had originally intended but she sighed again and I saw one tear slip down her cheeks and land on the plain white bed sheets.

"Frank," she croaked, her voice cracking. "I'm so sorry."

Sorry for what? That I caught you kissing your ex-boyfriend? That I heard you telling him you loved him? For other things you might've been saying to him, other things you might be doing with him? I shuddered at the thought.

"For what honey?," I asked softly and she shook her head.

"For not being there...I should've been with you, I should've been there and then none of this would've happened and you wouldn't be here right now and-"

"I'm fine," I assured, shushed her and pulled her onto my lap so she was leaning on my chest. I winced slightly at the sudden pressure but took my other arm and wrapped it around her body. I pressed my lips to her forehead.

"You hear that?," I asked quietly and Alliyson nodded, snuggling closer to me. "That's my heart. And you know what? It beats, beats for only you."

"Frank shut up," Alliyson chuckled into my chest before sitting up. "That was lame."

"But you liked it," I grinned at her. She nodded and curled the hair that fell behind her ear, smiling at me. I wiped away the last of her tears from her eyes before gazing at her intently. "Where were you before?"

"I had to leave and do something. Frank I'm still so-"

"It's fine, you're here now. Are you going to stay with me all night?," I snapped quickly and she nodded, leaning forward to curl stray hairs behind my ear and rub her thumb on my cheek.

I felt her graze it over the one little spot I've got on my cheek, what she calls my 'love spot'. Alliyson likes to say it's the fourth most gorgeous thing on my face. I don't know how she does that, I don't know how she says such random things like that to me and I remember them but I do. Kinda proves something, doesn't it?

With my arms still around her waist, I adjusted my back and turned my head to the side as Alliyson leaned down to kiss me on the same spot she just touched and then down to the tattoo on my neck, causing me to shudder and my eyes to start to lull shut. She then proceeded to snuggle into my chest like a lost child, purring contently.

A couple thoughts flashed across my mind and I sighed, looked down at her and said, "Alliyson, if there was anything going on, you'd tell me, right?"

Alliyson turned her gaze up at me and smiled, "Of course Frank."

I nodded solemnly and looked up, feeling myself start to break down inside.

"Babe, do me a favor? Can you get me some water?," I asked and Alliyson sprang up from he bed, after she kissed me swiftly on the cheek and I snapped my eyes closed as she exited the room.

No, she was still my same Alliyson. She still had her huge glossy, brown eyes. She still had those two rings through her bottom lip. Her lips felt the same on my skin, her voice the same silky, smooth tone it always had. She still had the habit of curling my hair behind my hair, now that it was so long.

But as I curled up on my side, bringing my legs up to my chest as I breathed slowly and began to sob, I felt otherwise. I felt something else start up deep within my chest, it getting that tight feeling when someone has said something heart wrenching to you, or when you come to realize something due to someone else's words.

I loved her, more than anything in the entire world.
She had just lied to my face, twice.
And she was cheating on me with her ex-boyfriend and didn't even have the guts to admit it.